A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

Welcome to my life of testing Sphereii things. :smile-new:

Actually this is old hat to me. I've done testing of new software for years, just was never much on the technical side. I was always the guinea pig and, back in the day, they just had me write down a lot. lol. I got out of it, in the early 2000s because i was burned on it. But i enjoy this game enough to see real potential (without corporate money interference) so it's a good game to test things on.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. I am still traveling and will take a look this evening.

Sphereii, do you ever take a rest? Lol

Hey guys,

Is this normal? These stats, even though they were green, were going across the server pretty constantly.....and nobody was playing. I'm just surprised that they "actively" keep processing even though no one is playing.

It's almost like the NPCs were playing.....by themselves....spooky :p

https://imgur.com/a/13pjRT6

And i mean this, suddenly, became a "constant" thing....non-stop like someone was playing. But my server is PW protected and specifically to my team.

Edited by Kilroy5150 (see edit history)

Hey guys,

Is this normal? These stats, even though they were green, were going across the server pretty constantly.....and nobody was playing. I'm just surprised that they "actively" keep processing even though no one is playing.

It's almost like the NPCs were playing.....by themselves....spooky :p

https://imgur.com/a/13pjRT6

And i mean this, suddenly, became a "constant" thing....non-stop like someone was playing. But my server is PW protected and specifically to my team.

Yes, it's normal, those are messages from NPCs mod for debugging purposes.

I thought that a clean copy of the game + manual installation of the mod files using SDX can do the trick?

In some cases, some mods have pre-compiled files included that are made only for them. If you try and use other SDX mods with them, they don't work. If you over-write the mods, with new code from other SDX mods, then the original mod stops working.

It's usually the files stored in "7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed" that are the ones. I found out that when i tried to borrow some monsters from Darkness Falls.

Think of it like an accidental copy-protection lol.

Edited by Kilroy5150 (see edit history)

In some cases, some mods have pre-compiled files included that are made only for them. If you try and use other SDX mods with them, they don't work. If you over-write the mods, with new code from other SDX mods, then the original mod stops working.

It's usually the files stored in "7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed" that are the ones. I found out that when i tried to borrow some monsters from Darkness Falls.

Think of it like an accidental copy-protection lol.

This may change in the near future, allowing new mods to work on overhauls.

This may change in the near future, allowing new mods to work on overhauls.

That would be awesome. Also if we could just take some aspects of one overhaul and add it to another one or just use it in our favorite set of mods, that would be cool.

That would be awesome. Also if we could just take some aspects of one overhaul and add it to another one or just use it in our favorite set of mods, that would be cool.

That is a lot less likely :-)

That is a lot less likely :-)

True :) This is meant more of a way to generate modlets that require code and scripts to be even more compatible.

For example, if sorcery wanted to add itself to an overhaul, with permission, they'd have to wait until that overhaul used my Localization Mod to enable a key feature of Sorcery.

This new method would allow Sorcery to include my Localization Mod, and it'd just work.

Will each mod have their own independent library? I mean, instead of merging them into one big file, will they be small, individual ones?

Most mods will have Mods.dll as their main source. But, we have the ability to load other individual libraries too.

Well that mean our future gaming play time will be awesome with you !

I've just notice a little bug, but i don't know if it's true or not, cause i can't make it again. When i recruit the farmer he just... watch me. no following, no guard, no patrol, just watching me (with his big lost eyes) and his life decrease.

Well that mean our future gaming play time will be awesome with you !

I've just notice a little bug, but i don't know if it's true or not, cause i can't make it again. When i recruit the farmer he just... watch me. no following, no guard, no patrol, just watching me (with his big lost eyes) and his life decrease.

I had exactly the same bug. Could you please share your output_log.txt from that particular game session? You can use website such as pastebin.com or if the output_log.txt is too big, archive it using zip or rar and upload it to Mediafire (or other similar file sharing website). The more logs with this bug, the better, because I was told that the origin of this problem is still unknown, thanks.

EDIT: So you're saying that this happens with farmer NPC. In my case it was NPCAmmo and I thought that I might be missing something, perhaps other NPCs don't have that issue, I was about to try the other NPCs and apparently it's no longer necessary. At least now we know that this bug doesn't happen just with NPCAmmo. Maybe that will help to isolate the problem too.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

I know the baker, farmer, nurse and ammo NPC all look different, but they are all really the same in Unity and xml. Only some animations are different. The xml is almost identical except for the hand item xml. So your hunting snipe if your looking for bugs related to different NPCs.

Life decreasing is something I saw when the NPCs had the wounded buff. The wounded buff happens if they stay at 25% water for too long, which happened while patrolling, because Patrol AI task didn't release them to do the Maslow task (apparently). I thought Sphereii patched that. Perhaps they were wounded some other way. Currently they heal, but have no way to debuff wounded as they cant use bandages. We might need them to auto debuff somehow.

I had exactly the same bug. Could you please share your output_log.txt from that particular game session? You can use website such as pastebin.com or if the output_log.txt is too big, archive it using zip or rar and upload it to Mediafire (or other similar file sharing website). The more logs with this bug, the better, because I was told that the origin of this problem is still unknown, thanks.

EDIT: So you're saying that this happens with farmer NPC. In my case it was NPCAmmo and I thought that I might be missing something, perhaps other NPCs don't have that issue, I was about to try the other NPCs and apparently it's no longer necessary. At least now we know that this bug doesn't happen just with NPCAmmo. Maybe that will help to isolate the problem too.

Erf sorry, i've already delete my games and reinstall a new one. Note this for next time. In fact my buggy farmer started loose health when i recruit him, directly. I tried to give him (in his inventory) water, food and coins (coins because i tell myself "why not"). Few seconds later water was removed from his inventory so i suppose it was because i recruit him with low water. In my new game i've recruit npcammo and he work well. I've got the sphere npc to in my game so maybe i see less xyth npc but everything work fine. (sorry for my english guys, i'm trying to explain as i can) .

I know the baker, farmer, nurse and ammo NPC all look different, but they are all really the same in Unity and xml. Only some animations are different. The xml is almost identical except for the hand item xml. So your hunting snipe if your looking for bugs related to different NPCs.

Life decreasing is something I saw when the NPCs had the wounded buff. The wounded buff happens if they stay at 25% water for too long, which happened while patrolling, because Patrol AI task didn't release them to do the Maslow task (apparently). I thought Sphereii patched that. Perhaps they were wounded some other way. Currently they heal, but have no way to debuff wounded as they cant use bandages. We might need them to auto debuff somehow.

Any way to make a storage of food and water and somehow make them go to the storage to refill or is it all manual? Maybe put those vending machines to good use, eh? Or have them loot nearby areas to sustain themselves?

To be honest, i've only recruited Harley, the nurse, and the cook and they all had similar issues but i didn't spend enough time, with any of them to get any specifics.

But, all in all, the mod makes the game more interesting and playable and that is the point :)

Any way to make a storage of food and water and somehow make them go to the storage to refill or is it all manual? Maybe put those vending machines to good use, eh? Or have them loot nearby areas to sustain themselves?

To be honest, i've only recruited Harley, the nurse, and the cook and they all had similar issues but i didn't spend enough time, with any of them to get any specifics.

But, all in all, the mod makes the game more interesting and playable and that is the point :)

You can define storage boxes in their XML as FoodBins, and they'll go to that for food. I think the issue is that the tasks are a bit aggressive and block things. That's the tricky balance.

Hi Xyth I found the modlets on the launcher. How do I know which ones I can use without them conflicting with each other?

I can only verify that all my mods and SphereII's mods are compatible. Since he and I use Xpath, our mods should be compatible with all other xpath mods. Overhauls are a crap shoot, as some are sdx and others use a custom DLL so there is no way of knowing until you try it.

I'm traveling on business so will not be modding until later this week. You should let Sphereii know what you have found as he develops the code behind these NPCs.

Thank you for letting me know. I passed that message to Sphereii now.