A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

Happy to look at what you made.  The CPacks and NPC xml is plain as I assumed folks would improve it either by submitting that xml into the base pack or making a 2- xpath modlet.  I'm with you on the dialog app being counter intuative.  I jumped in an it didnt work as expected but then doing it the way the video explains it worked.  

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

4 hours ago, xyth said:

Happy to look at what you made.  The CPacks and NPC xml is plain as I assumed folks would improve it either by submitting that xml into the base pack or making a 2- xpath modlet.  I'm with you on the dialog app being counter intuative.  I jumped in an it didnt work as expected but then doing it the way the video explains it worked.  

PM sent.

oddly enough, i dont think creaturepack animals has been updated in quite a while

was working through the launcher for me as recent as last night

but i tend not to use the dmt tool directly anymore since its so easy to add mods with the launcher

so xyth or sphere would have to answer this one 

Raider moto and raider rat are fixed, were missing head tags in unity. As for Ghost and hunter, they are being commented out until further notice, as im havin some difficulty with the controller changes in unity. The army npcs i put in may be affected as well, and if they are they will be commented out as well. Not likely going back in until after a19 when i start doing individual resources so as not to have all kinds of issues when trying to fix one model.

19 minutes ago, Darkstardragon said:

Raider moto and raider rat are fixed, were missing head tags in unity. As for Ghost and hunter, they are being commented out until further notice, as im havin some difficulty with the controller changes in unity. The army npcs i put in may be affected as well, and if they are they will be commented out as well. Not likely going back in until after a19 when i start doing individual resources so as not to have all kinds of issues when trying to fix one model.

The army ones seem ok, but let me know.

I'm moving this modlet to feature lock until A19.  It seems to work well enough as is.  A19 should bring a new leap forward.   If there are any major bugs like NREs, please let me know and those will get fixed.

Thanks for all the hard work guys.

@Darkstardragon  @xyth

NPC Ghost seemingly wasnt included in bandits/green/red or blue team.So she wasnt ale to play friendly with any NPCs you hired.

Im not sure if its the new terratorial behaviour causing this but what im noticing alot is NPCs notice enemies in POIs long before they should,and because the doors(and even sometimes when there is a way in) are shut ,their pathing causes them to "moonwalk"backwards at full speed,they will then teleport to player,rinse and repeat.The constant teleporting back to player combined with them neing able to push the player often leads to tight spot situations,falling from heights,into traps etc if you have 3 or more NPCs together.

This includes melee NPCs and from what i understand they should be like lock on missiles and go directly for a zombie.

I just want to confirm is it common to see NPCs looking like they are trying to engage zombies but getting pulled back by the force of a black hole.

NpcGhost and NPChunter were we pulled from spawning as the are broken until A19.  Maybe try decreasing the sight range of the NPCs to fix that issue.  They seem to sense through walls at times.  

19 minutes ago, xyth said:

NpcGhost and NPChunter were we pulled from spawning as the are broken until A19.  Maybe try decreasing the sight range of the NPCs to fix that issue.  They seem to sense through walls at times.  

I was going to do that yeah.Just to make sure im doing it correctly..

Its in NPC pack human folder/entity classes...and there are two instances of "sight range" default 70,that i should reduce ,is that correct? I had assumed before i would have to edit each NPC individually

On 5/5/2020 at 3:58 AM, xyth said:

Correct, each template defaults sight range to 70.  You can try a lower number on each.  

Thanks Xyth

I lowered it to 25,NPCs still do the terratorial behaviour outdoors but are no longer running around POI's like its a fun house,and thus sticking close to me,allowing for a "room by room" clearing experience.Much better to be honest.

I notice an ill effect on the the terratorial and wander behaviour when they are using both these tasks in conjunction with each other...

By telling the NPC to "wander around here",and then them engaging zombies in the area,the wander around here task restarts,but this time they are wandering from the new position(where they killed a zombie) and this is the main cause of NPCs who wander getting lost by venturing too far out from the original point you told them to wander from(IE around your base)

Perhaps in future you might consider letting NPCs remember the block they started the task from and have them return to it to resume wander after they kill an enemy.

Edited by Redarmy45 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Redarmy45 said:

Thanks Xyth

I lowered it to 25,NPCs still do the terratorial behaviour outdoors but are no longer running around POI's like its a fun house,and thus sticking close to me,allowing for a "room by room" clearing experience.Much better to be honest.

I notice an ill effect on the the terratorial and wander behaviour when they are using both these tasks in conjunction with each other...

By telling the NPC to "wander around here",and then them engaging zombies in the area,the wander around here task restarts,but this time they are wandering from the new position(where they killed a zombie) and this is the main cause of NPCs who wander getting lost by venturing too far out from the original point you told them to wander from(IE around your base)

Perhaps in future you might consider letting NPCs remember the block they started the task from and have them return to it to resume wander after they kill an enemy.

I haven't seen the "Follow me for your patrol route" dialog option in a while, is that function still there? I know it was planned that this function will be available only for suitable NPCs who can be used as guards, but with new NPCs I'm kinda losing track of who still has this ability and who doesn't. Either way, the reason why I'm mentioning this feature is that it was one of the best things about this mod in A17. You could teach your NPCs the path around your base and they would follow it and defend it against most of the threats for you and never really leave the path until they were given a different order.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

I haven't seen the "Follow me for your patrol route" dialog option in a while, is that function still there? I know it was planned that this function will be available only for suitable NPCs who can be used as guards, but with new NPCs I'm kinda losing track of who still has this ability and who doesn't. Either way, the reason why I'm mentioning this feature is that it was one of the best things about this mod in A17. You could teach your NPCs the path around your base and they would follow it and defend it against most of the threats for you and never really leave the path until they were given a different order.

Yeah i really miss this feature too,it seemed to work well im also not sure why it was taken out.

Edited by Redarmy45 (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Redarmy45 said:

Yeah i really miss this feature too,it seemed to work well im also not sure why it was taken out.

I'm not saying it was taken out, I'm just saying I haven't seen it in a while. You know, it used to be available on all NPCs, but at some point it was supposed to be available only on certain NPCs where it would make sense - farmers, bakers or nurses should not be expected to be good guards as opposed to trained soldiers.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

That feature likely is still there but SphereII was working on an alternative pathing method (using blocks) that replaced it in the current build.  Not sure if both can be used, but all that code is SphereII things.  He is busy refactoring the codebase for A19 which seems close to experimental release so prefaps then.

@Xyth, @SphereII,

as you know, I've been trying to add some basic quests that involve NPCs, but I ran into an issue. The problem is that I believe I need to give the NPC some buff through the dialog. I figured I could give the player a specific buff through dialog, but for this quest I think I need to do it the other way around, can't think of any other way. Is it possible?

But that would apply the buff on the player, I need the buff to be applied on the NPC. If you wanted to apply buff on the player, you can do it through the dialog easily by using AddBuff action, but that applies the buff on the player and I can't see any action in the list that would apply the buff on the NPC.

• xyth locked this topic