A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

Hi Xyth i just updated to 2.0 . in honesty iv been away for a long time so maybe im doing something wrong. But after installing the mod its working fine but i cant talk to NPCs who spawn. IF i spawn them in then i can talk and they are recruitable etc. Sphere NPC dialogue says its up to date in the launcher. What could be the issue? Nevermind it seems some are not supposed to be recruitable.

Also iv noticed that there are ALOT of NPCs spawning..i saw 5 within a very short radius after spawning

EDIT : just read this : NPC NRE issue should be fixed, please let us know if you have any further problems.

Pushed a change to the spawning as folks were complaining too few NPCs were in the world. Frankly its impossible to balance to satisfy everyone's idea of how many humans should be around. Feel free to edit the entitygroups.xml values to suit your tastes.

I have just noticed a far bigger issue. I have constant stuttering when even one NPC is hired or near me. A quick succession of micro stuttering.Not a graphics issue as i run 60 FPS. It seems to be CPU related but i ran the last version of this mod perfectly fine.

Any ideas?

Did you start a new game after updating to the latest version? Is this single player or dedi?

Did you start a new game after updating to the latest version? Is this single player or dedi?

Yes i did start new game,i even deleted previous save files. And its Single player.. No mods except for sphere core / sphere NPC dialogue / NPC pack humans/ Creature pack humans.

Verified game files

tried 18.2 beta (as it was last time i played with your NPCs)

Tested on current build

No other processes running except 7DTD and steam.

To describe in better detail ...the stutttering is very aggressive,it stutters ever 1-3 seconds. Its easy to see if you pay attention to crosshair and move it slowly from one point on screen to another.Its definetly some scripts as my frame rate is fine,and this only happens when NPCs are either near the player or hired and following.The stuttering is even worse when you have more NPCs in the scene/hired.

Win 7 64 bit 8GB RAM i74790 1060 6GB SSD - highly doub its hardware related iv not got any other issues.

Yes i did start new game,i even deleted previous save files. And its Single player.. No mods except for sphere core / sphere NPC dialogue / NPC pack humans/ Creature pack humans.

Verified game files

tried 18.2 beta (as it was last time i played with your NPCs)

Tested on current build

No other processes running except 7DTD and steam.

To describe in better detail ...the stutttering is very aggressive,it stutters ever 1-3 seconds. Its easy to see if you pay attention to crosshair and move it slowly from one point on screen to another.Its definetly some scripts as my frame rate is fine,and this only happens when NPCs are either near the player or hired and following.The stuttering is even worse when you have more NPCs in the scene/hired.

Win 7 64 bit 8GB RAM i74790 1060 6GB SSD - highly doub its hardware related iv not got any other issues.

Do you have a log file for me to take a look at? I am not experiencing this issue yet. Which NPC is it, so I can better match the issue

Do you have a log file for me to take a look at? I am not experiencing this issue yet. Which NPC is it, so I can better match the issue

Sure thing thanks. is it the log file from the launcher ? looks like this...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Is Network deployed? False

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Current Mod Launcher Version: 2.1.11.18126

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain -

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================

?

Its actually all the NPCs that i tested with. I spawned around 10 different ones to test with.

Sure thing thanks. is it the log file from the launcher ? looks like this...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Is Network deployed? False

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Current Mod Launcher Version: 2.1.11.18126

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain -

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================

?

Its actually all the NPCs that i tested with. I spawned around 10 different ones to test with.

Log from the game, so output_log or player.log

Microstutter confirmed. Fix pushed to repo.

The issue is the aggressive searching for pathing blocks used to create custom wander paths for NPCs, like patroling a base. By default it was enabled in the template meaning every NPC was searching for those blocks. I commented it out in the templates. If you want to use that feature on a specific npc you will need to add that commented out pathing block property on that entity for now. Hopefully now that the issue is identified the code can be optimized.

Thanks for the bug report.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

NPC NRE on Dialog is fixed, really fixed this time. Fix is in the latest SphereII Core.

On another note, I noticed "Dismiss" isnt working on dedi. Not sure about SP, but we are investigating.

Microstutter confirmed. Fix pushed to repo.

The issue is the aggressive searching for pathing blocks used to create custom wander paths for NPCs, like patroling a base. By default it was enabled in the template meaning every NPC was searching for those blocks. I commented it out in the templates. If you want to use that feature on a specific npc you will need to add that commented out pathing block property on that entity for now. Hopefully now that the issue is identified the code can be optimized.

Thanks for the bug report.

Thanks for the fix. The New NPC's are really cool.

Also to your other post about dismiss not working on dedi,im not sure but on SP dismiss was working for me. Upon telling NPC to dismiss,they don't follow me and they are recruitable again so seems fine in SP

Hi Xyth and SphereII,

I spent long hours trying to find what's the problem with my mod load order because I was getting this error:

32tT6Wj.png

Using the method of adding mods from the list one by one, I finally tracked the problem down and found out the incompatibility. It's 10 Slot Toolbelt mod that's causing this red sea that doesn't ever let me enter the game world!

Could you please take a look and see if this can be fixed on your side? It used to work in some of the previous versions of NPC mod and 10 Slot Toolbelt wasn't really updated, so I guess it has to be something in NPC mod itself.

Thanks!

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

Hi Xyth and SphereII,

I spent long hours trying to find what's the problem with my mod load order because I was getting this error:

32tT6Wj.png

Using the method of adding mods from the list one by one, I finally tracked the problem down and found out the incompatibility. It's 10 Slot Toolbelt mod that's causing this red sea that doesn't ever let me enter the game world!

Could you please take a look and see if this can be fixed on your side? It used to work in some of the previous versions of NPC mod and 10 Slot Toolbelt wasn't really updated, so I guess it has to be something in NPC mod itself.

Thanks!

Do you have a full log file of the error?

I read in the newest game patch notes: "Junk Turret also respects party members that are not allies"

In game junk turret is still targeting friendly NPCs. Is this going to ever change or is it not possible still? I know the turret does 0 damage to them,but it just wastes ammo.

Poor NPC Modlet, gets blamed for 0-SphereiiCore code issues all the time ::monkey:

I'm sorry for trouble, but you know that Core is an essential part of the mod list if you want to use this awesome NPC mod, so it kinda is related lol

By the way, is there any specific connection between your avatar and the fact the developers added this monkey emoticon to the smiles list? Just asking lol

I removed most of the other mods in hope it would make it easier for you to check out what's wrong. You can find the log here.

It is never trouble. You are providing invaluable feedback to us and our efforts, and we appreciate that effort and you.

Where did you download the 10 Slot tool belt? I'd like to review it again.

It is never trouble. You are providing invaluable feedback to us and our efforts, and we appreciate that effort and you.

Where did you download the 10 Slot tool belt? I'd like to review it again.

Um, here is the ModInfo.xml if that helps:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xml>
<ModInfo>
<Name value="10 Slot Toolbelt" />
<Description value="Increases toolbelt to 10 slots" />
<Author value="KhaineGB and SphereII" />
<Version value="18.1.0.11" />
<Website value="" />
</ModInfo>
</xml>

Unfortunately, I can't remember where exactly I got it from, but I believe it was somewhere here in the forum. It mentions you as one of the authors, so I guess you should know better than me lol

SphereII, it could be this one. I don't know for sure, because I just downloaded it using the link in that thread and for some reason one of the files there is different in size than the file I have in my local copy. The one file that is different in size is called Harmony-10 Slot Toolbelt.pdb, but the version in the ModInfo.xml file is the same. I'm confused.

SphereII, it could be this one. I don't know for sure, because I just downloaded it using the link in that thread and for some reason one of the files there is different in size than the file I have in my local copy. The one file that is different in size is called Harmony-10 Slot Toolbelt.pdb, but the version in the ModInfo.xml file is the same. I'm confused.

That's the right mod.

I might be able to test this evening, but might be more likely tomorrow morning. Are you playing them through the mod launcher or is it a manual download? You would need to build the 10 Tool belt mod alongside with the 0-SphereIICore in DMT for it to be active.

I'm sorry for trouble, but you know that Core is an essential part of the mod list if you want to use this awesome NPC mod, so it kinda is related lol

By the way, is there any specific connection between your avatar and the fact the developers added this monkey emoticon to the smiles list? Just asking lol

I just admire Bonobos.

That's the right mod.

I might be able to test this evening, but might be more likely tomorrow morning. Are you playing them through the mod launcher or is it a manual download? You would need to build the 10 Tool belt mod alongside with the 0-SphereIICore in DMT for it to be active.

I haven't used DMT Viewer itself, just Mod Launcher with the manual download of the mod I believe, not sure if it can be downloaded through Mod Launcher, but Mod Launcher did the rest for me in the past and adding it manually and then starting the game through Mod Launcher seemed to be enough to make it work and the mod was installed alongside the NPC and Core mods with no problems, only recently it stopped working. I'm sorry, I don't know which update broke the compatibility, but I'm pretty sure I haven't updated 10 Slot Toolbelt mod itself, as there was no update for it that I would know of.

Dont know if its been discussed before,but would there be any way to disable NPCs aggression towards enemies temporarily via a dialogue option? The reason being,driving any vehicle,the NPCs follow player just fine,but once engaged with an enemy they then stop following.

I know in Arma 3 i used a script command to mod AI to attach to vehicles and/or player,i think if something like this exists it would be a good workaround.

Hey, Xyth. I finally have enough free time to get back to my puny modlets.

I've been trying to update them for the new Creature Pack system, and for the most part I have them working.

But, my modlet to remove NPC tracking doesn't work any more. At your suggestion, I did this (which used to work):

Tracking turns of in the entitiyClasses.xml, comment out this: <property name="MapIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_bullet_point"/>

The NPCs may not have an icon, but their names still show up on the map.

Any idea how to fix this?

Also, thanks for the hard work - the NPCs are really good nowadays.

I haven't used DMT Viewer itself, just Mod Launcher with the manual download of the mod I believe, not sure if it can be downloaded through Mod Launcher, but Mod Launcher did the rest for me in the past and adding it manually and then starting the game through Mod Launcher seemed to be enough to make it work and the mod was installed alongside the NPC and Core mods with no problems, only recently it stopped working. I'm sorry, I don't know which update broke the compatibility, but I'm pretty sure I haven't updated 10 Slot Toolbelt mod itself, as there was no update for it that I would know of.

I loaded up the mod this morning, and I did not reproduce your issue. I did notice you renamed some of the folders; that's fine, but I'd suggest updating their ModInfo.xml to reflect the new names.

Here's my mod list:

2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.458 INF [MODS] Start loading
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.458 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 0-CreaturePackAnimals
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.482 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-CreaturePackAnimals (18.4.0.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.482 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 0-CreaturePackFantasy
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.482 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-CreaturePackFantasy (18.4.0.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.482 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 0-CreaturePackHumans
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.483 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-CreaturePackHumans (18.4.0.6)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.483 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 0-CreaturePackMechs
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.483 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-CreaturePackMechs (18.4.0.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.483 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 0-CreaturePackZombies
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.483 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-CreaturePackZombies (18.4.0.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.483 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 0-SphereIICore
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.485 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-SphereIICore (18.4.1.302)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.485 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 10 Slot Toolbelt
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.485 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 10 Slot Toolbelt (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.485 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 1-NPCPackHumans
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.486 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 1-NPCPackHumans (18.4.0.20)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.486 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: Agony
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.491 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Agony (1.0)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.491 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: Blooms Animal Husbandry
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.492 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Blooms Animal Husbandry (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.492 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII A Better Life
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.492 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII A Better Life (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.492 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII Legacy Distant Terrain
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.493 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII Legacy Distant Terrain (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.493 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII Music Boxes
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.493 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII Music Boxes (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.493 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII NPC Dialog Windows
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.494 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII NPC Dialog Windows (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.494 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII Quick Continue
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.494 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII Quick Continue (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.494 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII Take And Replace
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.494 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII Take And Replace (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.494 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII UMA Tweaks
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.495 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII UMA Tweaks (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.495 INF [MODS] Initializing mod code

• xyth locked this topic