A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

First one could be done by someone who likes to play with the user interface. Have to ponder the second one. Spawning is no problem, its the "event" that would need coding.

I kinda figured that. I was never big on probability if then else type coding values but i think both would go a long way towards the quality of the game. You guys have some seriously solid mods. I ran into one of the NPCs and that was exactly what i was hoping for :)

I've been gaming since before the Atari 2600, and i went to high school with a few people who are in the business now, and you might get a job off (from the Pimps) if you keep hitting these home runs.

Very nice job.

Side question: Is it just me or did A17 get rid of those "cool" storage boxes that had writing and logos on them? If yes, i haven't found a mod to bring those back.

Edited by Kilroy5150 (see edit history)

Xyth,

couple of things:

- When I talk to an NPC and ask them if they have any jobs, I get a red sea of error messages in console.

- I hired Bill the NPCAmmo before finishing the initial quest chain and I was supposed to go to trader Joel and he wasn't in his usual standing place and the cash register next to him was missing as well. Is it because I hired Bill the NPCAmmo?

- Is there any chance for me to turn off friendly fire between me and my hired companion? Bill the NPCAmmo has pretty strong weapon (which was kinda why I wanted to hire him), but when we were fighting zombies, his projectiles hit me and I almost died. I know this can happen in multiplayer too, but when I play online, I usually play PVE in coop mode and we disable the damage caused by friends.

- I just noticed that there is no option in the dialogue to ask Bill the NPCAmmo to help me loot the place. Is it still something that should be there?

- Also, just a suggestion, it would be nice if we could use shift + left mouse button in the inventory of NPCs.

- Before I forget, I was thinking that maybe NPC companions could share XP when they kill the enemy like real human friends? Would that be possible?

Other than that, this is an awesome mod for sure! I love it!

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

Xyth,

couple of things:

- When I talk to an NPC and ask them if they have any jobs, I get a red sea of error messages in console.

- I hired Bill the NPCAmmo before finishing the initial quest chain and I was supposed to go to trader Joel and he wasn't in his usual standing place and the cash register next to him was missing as well. Is it because I hired Bill the NPCAmmo?

- Is there any chance for me to turn off friendly fire between me and my hired companion? Bill the NPCAmmo has pretty strong weapon (which was kinda why I wanted to hire him), but when we were fighting zombies, his projectiles hit me and I almost died. I know this can happen in multiplayer too, but when I play online, I usually play PVE in coop mode and we disable the damage caused by friends.

- I just noticed that there is no option in the dialogue to ask Bill the NPCAmmo to help me loot the place. Is it still something that should be there?

- Also, just a suggestion, it would be nice if we could use shift + left mouse button in the inventory of NPCs.

- Before I forget, I was thinking that maybe NPC companions could share XP when they kill the enemy like real human friends? Would that be possible?

Other than that, this is an awesome mod for sure! I love it!

Glad you like it. We don't change the default traders so that is strange and may not be related to the mod. The NPC hitting you with friendly fire is known, but perhaps we can change that in the future. The dialog option for looting is disabled in xml, as its buggy, but you could turn it back on. I have not seen the dialog error either, but will do more testing. Logs would help.

There's a small problem with the NPCs.

If you're in a 1-person vehicle, and you drive down the road a bit, they just vanish from radar. I lost the nurse and the money i paid was blown and she reset to free roam again.

Is there a way to make them openly "teleport" to keep up with you if you're in a vehicle and will they ride with you if you get in a 2-seater or better?

It would be good to limit their range of attention, they tend to wander all over and leave you completely alone. What do they call that in gaming? A "leash" factor?

Can you add a "cover my back" command where the NPCs stay within 10-15 feet of you? In a CQB situation you need that NPC sticking to you like glue when clearing a house because the game tends to (at times) create zombies out of thin air. "Wait here" is good if you need them to cover the door, but when you need them close, they need an impulse not to run more than 10-15 feet from you.

Just throwing that in there with hopes it's possible. :)

Still, it's a killer mod and i see the potential in it and i understand it's rather new and there are bugs to be worked out but still, it's an idea that "improved" this game so i'm all for it.

Xyth, Bill the NPCAmmo just died. I don't know what happened, he had food and water. I lost the things I stored in his inventory. Are their lives time limited?

EDIT:

Here is the log. The time of death of Bill the NPCAmmo should be at the end of the log, because I closed the game soon after his death.

Xyth, Bill the NPCAmmo just died. I don't know what happened, he had food and water. I lost the things I stored in his inventory. Are their lives time limited?

EDIT:

Here is the log. The time of death of Bill the NPCAmmo should be at the end of the log, because I closed the game soon after his death.

I just checked the log and if I was to guess, it looks like he was actually losing health, but I have no idea why. How can we keep them alive besides giving them food and water?

Are the NPCs supposed to lose health when they patrol a set rout? I gave them food, and they eat it, but their healths don't recover. Is there a way that I can recover them?

This is something I would love to know too, I just lost my new friend Bill the NPCAmmo :(

Sounds like there is a buff running that causes them to lose health...assuming he had food and water....was he injured at all? If you want to help test... Comment out the Maslow task and remember the subsequent tasks so there are no number gaps.

Sounds like there is a buff running that causes them to lose health...assuming he had food and water....was he injured at all? If you want to help test... Comment out the Maslow task and remember the subsequent tasks so there are no number gaps.

I don't know if he was injured. Is there any indicator that would let me know? And if he loses health, is there any way we can heal him?

I would like to help, but I'm not sure what exactly should I do?

So, should I just comment out this line for all NPCs?

<property name="AITask-6" value="MaslowLevel1SDX, Mods"/>

like so?

<!-- <property name="AITask-6" value="MaslowLevel1SDX, Mods"/> -->

and rewrite the order of AITasks so that there will be no number gap?

EDIT:

In the meantime, I made a backup file and started editing the original xml file according to these changes (I hope they are correct). While doing these changes, I noticed that there is a difference between NPCAmmo (the NPC I hired) and the rest of the NPCs:

Before this task:

<property name="AITask-9" value="WanderSDX, Mods"/>

, other NPCs usually have this task:

<property name="AITask-6" value="Look"/>

, but NPCAmmo has this task instead:

<property name="AITask-8" value="GuardSDX, Mods"/>

. Is this ok? I just wanted to make sure. For now I will leave that part and just proceed according to the original plan.

That AI task change is intended as he is ranged and needed to help him hold his position. all could use guard instead of look though as they are similar tasks. I found the dying issue, they are failing to eat and drink while patroling. Sphereii is away and working on code changes. Adding some other edits to help them heal by themselves if hurt. They could not restore thier max HP once damage, just healed to the new lower amount.

I'm testing another update that separates the NPCs from Blooms Animal stuff and its dependencies. Seems to be working as expected. Once thats complete and Sphereii updates the code to fix the NPC issues to date, I will look to convert the bandits and Wandering traders to use the NPC base class, and that will enable factions across all entities.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

That AI task change is intended as he is ranged and needed to help him hold his position. all could use guard instead of look though as they are similar tasks. I found the dying issue, they are failing to eat and drink while patroling. Sphereii is away and working on code changes. Adding some other edits to help them heal by themselves if hurt. They could not restore thier max HP once damage, just healed to the new lower amount.

I'm testing another update that separates the NPCs from Blooms Animal stuff and its dependencies. Seems to be working as expected. Once thats complete and Sphereii updates the code to fix the NPC issues to date, I will look to convert the bandits and Wandering traders to use the NPC base class, and that will enable factions across all entities.

I was just about to inform you that the change didn't seem to have any effect and another NPCAmmo that I hired is also losing his health.

I'm glad to hear that you already found the problem. In the meantime, I was standing inside the strip club POI with hired NPCAmmo and there was also HarleyQuinn NPC (not hired) and she was fighting some enemies. As I was watching the console messages to see if the health of NPCAmmo is still getting lower, I received some red error message that I didn't catch before. I think it's related to HarleyQuinn NPC that was near by. I opened the log and I think the following lines are related to that error message:

2019-04-27T18:57:27 5468.127 INF Entity 1327 killed by 1176.

Unable to open archive file: D:/Hry/7D2D/Alpha17/My_Mods/My7d2d_2/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods/Xyth NPCs/Resources/@modfolder(Xyth NPCs):Resources/HarleySounds.unity3d

(Filename: Line: 586)

2019-04-27T18:57:33 5474.537 ERR Loading AssetBundle "D:/Hry/7D2D/Alpha17/My_Mods/My7d2d_2/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\Xyth NPCs/Resources/@modfolder(Xyth NPCs):Resources/HarleySounds.unity3d" failed!

2019-04-27T18:57:33 5474.537 WRN [AudioLog] AudioManager::AudioData::Play() - failed to load audio clip #@modfolder(Xyth NPCs):Resources/@modfolder(Xyth NPCs):Resources/HarleySounds.unity3d?Iseeyou.

Pushed version 1.2 that untangles the NPCs from the Blooms Animal husbandry mod, and from dependencies of that mod. Sphereii has development code to fix the failure to eat and drink on patrol that was causing the wounded buff that eventually lead to death. The update is in EntityAliveSDX so watch for an update for that modlet.

That path looks wrong. Shouldnt have 2 references to the mod folder.. should be: D:/Hry/7D2D/Alpha17/My_Mods/My7d2d_2/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods/Xyth NPCs/Resources/HarleySounds.unity3d

Well it is weird indeed, because the actual path where this file is located is this: D:\Hry\7D2D\Alpha17\My_Mods\My7d2d_2\Mods\Xyth NPCs\Resources\HarleySounds.unity3d

I have no idea why the game couldn't find the file. Did I mess up the settings of Mod launcher?

I was trying to follow the tutorial video, but the truth is that I had to change the base path, because the default was on C, I wanted it to be on D. Unfortunately I had to edit the settings file manually to do that, because when I clicked on Settings in Mod launcher itself, it didn't show up anything.

Checking SDX_EntityAliveSDX for update, there is version 1.0.0.0, unfortunately I can't remember what was the previous version and I can't compare the files because I decided to wipe the modded game completely and do a new one from scratch. Is this version 1.0.0.0 the updated one? If it's not, I wouldn't mind to download the updated one from repository, I'm just not sure which one should I get. Is it the one in

https://github.com/7D2DMods/SDXModsDevelopment/tree/master/Targets/7DaysToDie/Mods

?

He updated it but might have forgotten to change the version number. Not sure what repo is current besides the production one listed in his SDX post and linked to the Launcher. Sphereii just updated the version number so it should say update in the launcher.

He updated it but might have forgotten to change the version number. Not sure what repo is current besides the production one listed in his SDX post and linked to the Launcher. Sphereii just updated the version number so it should say update in the launcher.

Thank you for letting me know. I will try.

Do you have any thoughts on the issue i mentioned about zombies and distance and possible travelling in vehicles.

Doubtful on the traveling in vehicles. In this game, players kind of "wear" the vehicle, so i probably would be quite a bit of code to get an NPC to enter the vehicles. The follow command should do most of what you are looking for. The NPC should run to keep up with the player, but will not keep up with a very fast vehicle. I don't think we will be doing much more with the AI until A18, mostly just focusing on bug fixes to the existing AI. Sphereii and I have other projects we are spending time on, and are waiting to see what modders do with this NPC and Domesticated Animal framework.

Doubtful on the traveling in vehicles. In this game, players kind of "wear" the vehicle, so i probably would be quite a bit of code to get an NPC to enter the vehicles. The follow command should do most of what you are looking for. The NPC should run to keep up with the player, but will not keep up with a very fast vehicle. I don't think we will be doing much more with the AI until A18, mostly just focusing on bug fixes to the existing AI. Sphereii and I have other projects we are spending time on, and are waiting to see what modders do with this NPC and Domesticated Animal framework.

Speaking of bugs, I think I found another one. I hired NPCAmmo again, he attacked a zombie and console showed up with red message.

Here's a snippet from log:

NPCAmmo: Mickey D The NPCAmmo - ID: 360 Health: 789.6 Stamina: 371.5503 Thirst: 75.09011 Food: 372 Water: 75 Sanitation: Disabled.

Food Items: foodCornBread,foodCornOnTheCob

Water Items: All Water Items

Food Bins: cntSecureStorageChest,cntStorageChest

Water Bins: water,waterMoving,waterStaticBucket,waterMovingBucket,terrWaterPOI

Current Order: Follow

Current Leader: 171

Active Buffs:

buffnpcstatuscheck ( Seconds: 1752.85 Ticks: 35057 )

buffstatuscheck ( Seconds: 1752.85 Ticks: 35057 )

buffnpcsanitationstatuscheck ( Seconds: 1752.85 Ticks: 35057 )

buffnewbiecoat ( Seconds: 1752.8 Ticks: 35056 )

buffperkabilityupdate ( Seconds: 527.4 Ticks: 10548 )

Active Quests:

Patrol Points:

Currency: item=549 m=0 ut=0 Faction: 6

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at EAIMaslowLevel1SDX.PerformAction () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EAIMaslowLevel1SDX.CheckForWaterBlock () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EAIMaslowLevel1SDX.CanExecute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EAITaskList.OnUpdateTasks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EAIManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.updateTasks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityNPC.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAliveSDX.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NPCAmmo: Attack():

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

EDIT:

I just noticed that the "follow me" command is not working. It worked before but it doesn't work now. When I hired him, he didn't really follow me even when I clicked "follow me" command. When I clicked "guard here" and then "follow me" again, he started following me, but his animation looked strange, like if something wasn't right, it looked better previously. We broke into the garage of Hotel Ostrich in Navezgane, that's where I received that red error message in console. After that I killed couple of zombies inside the garage, but I noticed he didn't really follow me. I tried to go outside and he stayed inside the garage. I tried to give him different commands and then "follow me" again, but he doesn't move.

Did you update all the code files and spawned a new NPC? There were lots of big changes today and you might have some older files. I just ran a series of tests on a new spawned AmmoNPC, both before and after hiring, and during patrol, wander and guard, killed zeds without error.

I recommend you delete all the NPC files and dependencies and reload them.

Did you update all the code files and spawned a new NPC? There were lots of big changes today and you might have some older files. I just ran a series of tests on a new spawned AmmoNPC, both before and after hiring, and during patrol, wander and guard, killed zeds without error.

I recommend you delete all the NPC files and dependencies and reload them.

That's why this is strange, because I deleted everything and started all over again, so this is a new game, but I will look into Mod launcher to see if I have some missing files or files that need to be updated.

EDIT:

Ok, this is weird. I looked in Mod launcher, clicked "Pre-Sync Mod" button, started the game again and I started a new world and "follow me" seems to work again. So far no errors.

I've hired NPC Baker, Harley, and Bill....out of all of them, Baker has been the only one to remain in my employ for any amount of time. The rest, randomly, just wander off and forget you paid them 1000 credits.

Is their service meant to be time-limited or do they actually have reliability factors coded in? If it's a time factor, it's a REALLY short time factor for some of them or maybe it's a glitch in the code.

I also get that pop-up command console when in the presence of some NPCs with a red error but i forgot to include it.

I hired a total of 3 of them to guard my building. It almost seems as if they get bored over the next 4-6 hours and just leave and they don't even have the option to get brought back.

Is it because i leave the area to explore?