A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

Xyth,

that red NRE showed up again, a while after hiring Bill the NPCAmmo and I hate to say that, but he seems to be stuck again, he's unable to follow me. :( Do you think it might have something to do with that red error message in the console? :(

Also, I didn't spawn him this time, I just wanted to play and meet him randomly in the world. It's interesting because previously, when I spawned him two times using F6, this problem didn't happen. Also, I was on my way to the trader (initial quest) when I hired him, I hope this can help to isolate the bug.

Here is the log. NRE should be a little bit before closing the game.

I've hired NPC Baker, Harley, and Bill....out of all of them, Baker has been the only one to remain in my employ for any amount of time. The rest, randomly, just wander off and forget you paid them 1000 credits.

Is their service meant to be time-limited or do they actually have reliability factors coded in? If it's a time factor, it's a REALLY short time factor for some of them or maybe it's a glitch in the code.

I also get that pop-up command console when in the presence of some NPCs. I've got a screen shot but it won't take the upload for some reason.

Been seeing a lot of this on the SEREVER side

NPCBaker: Attack():

NPCBaker: Attack!

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Edited by Kilroy5150 (see edit history)

Is Patch_Entity Install Possible by Mod Launcher?

I can't use SDX Launcher:miserable:

If you're having issues, with SDX, you might wanna just uninstall and wipe 7d2d then reinstall it. I went through all kinds of insanity and nothing i was told to do worked but i happen to see that in the guide and it cleared all issues. That and having a copy of Net Framework 3.5 installed on my system.

If you're having issues, with SDX, you might wanna just uninstall and wipe 7d2d then reinstall it. I went through all kinds of insanity and nothing i was told to do worked but i happen to see that in the guide and it cleared all issues. That and having a copy of Net Framework 3.5 installed on my system.

Thank you!

As you say problem was caused by Framework 3.5

My PC dont installed Framework 3.5

Your explanation really helped!

Thank you:smile-new:

Thank you!

As you say problem was caused by Framework 3.5

My PC dont installed Framework 3.5

Your explanation really helped!

Thank you:smile-new:

Actually, i really didn't help you. I'm really passing on wisdom that was passed on to me.

Guys like Xyth, Sphereii, Manux, and Guppy were the ones that PATIENTLY helped me out. If it hadn't been for them helping, i think it would have taken much longer to get SDX running.

But you are very much welcome.

Just keep one thing in mind when you compile with SDX, it's the "small" things that can cause things to go wrong.

Xyth,

My server has these by the tons since installed the NPC mod. I don't know if it will help

Invalid Layer Index '1' (sometimes this is green, sometimes it's yellow) this is on the server when aroudn NPCs.

I also get console pop-ups, when playing, (with the line below) as i ride around areas with NPCs. It pops up, often, in a NPC populated area.

NullRefernceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Minor strange occurance: Also, the NPCs . I think they're either drawn to me or each other. I'm in an area and about 15-20 are amassing and just wandering around the place. Not that i am complaining but is that normal for them to hang out like that?

When i ask any NPC about a job:

NullRefernceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (constantly in red)

The only way to get out (of the loop) is to choose "nevermind" and then hit ESC several times until you get out of speaking to them.

Oh, before i forget: One final problem. When you tell them to follow you for a "patrol" pattern. You just choose the option to have them follow you and, when you finish the patrol there's no real option to have them follow it or is it "wander around" and they follow the patrol pattern you set out?

It seems like that should be a 2 part process, set the pattern, execute patrol. But i also mentioned they were wandering off their assigned guard spots and forgetting you hired them as well.

Edited by Kilroy5150 (see edit history)

Xyth,

that red NRE showed up again, a while after hiring Bill the NPCAmmo and I hate to say that, but he seems to be stuck again, he's unable to follow me. :( Do you think it might have something to do with that red error message in the console? :(

Also, I didn't spawn him this time, I just wanted to play and meet him randomly in the world. It's interesting because previously, when I spawned him two times using F6, this problem didn't happen. Also, I was on my way to the trader (initial quest) when I hired him, I hope this can help to isolate the bug.

Here is the log. NRE should be a little bit before closing the game.

Thanks for the log, it points to something in the MaslowSDX code or xml that's not quite aligned to maslow code. I have not been able to reproduce it yet though.

I've hired NPC Baker, Harley, and Bill....out of all of them, Baker has been the only one to remain in my employ for any amount of time. The rest, randomly, just wander off and forget you paid them 1000 credits.

Is their service meant to be time-limited or do they actually have reliability factors coded in? If it's a time factor, it's a REALLY short time factor for some of them or maybe it's a glitch in the code.

I also get that pop-up command console when in the presence of some NPCs. I've got a screen shot but it won't take the upload for some reason.

Been seeing a lot of this on the SEREVER side

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

The invalid layer warnings are not a problem and Sphereii has an incoming animationsdx fix to stop those from happening. The attack log entries are just for debugging and will be turned off eventually. All NPCs should be the same (same xml, same code) except the AmmoNPC has a ranged weapon tasks, so any differences your seeing in behavior is probably random.

The "forgetting" might be related to a CVar resetting, will continue testing to find that.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Patch_Entity Install Possible by Mod Launcher?

I can't use SDX Launcher:miserable:

Yes, its a modlet in the mod launcher, its not SDX so its with all the regular modlets.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Xyth,

When i ask any NPC about a job:

NullRefernceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (constantly in red)

The only way to get out (of the loop) is to choose "nevermind" and then hit ESC several times until you get out of speaking to them.

Oh, before i forget: One final problem. When you tell them to follow you for a "patrol" pattern. You just choose the option to have them follow you and, when you finish the patrol there's no real option to have them follow it or is it "wander around" and they follow the patrol pattern you set out?

It seems like that should be a 2 part process, set the pattern, execute patrol. But i also mentioned they were wandering off their assigned guard spots and forgetting you hired them as well.

I cant reproduce the dialog error, that might be you are missing one or more dialog sdx modlets or perhaps my build has something yours doesnt. Will keep looking for that one.

Once you give the command to follow you to learn the route, walk that route then stop, and give the new command to "patrol your route". If you are not seeing that option, then again you have a dialog issue we need to find as it works for other testers and myself.

Thanks to those of you helping to test and debug the code used on these NPC characters. To be clear, this mod is just a set of characters; the actual genius behind their behaviors is Sphereii's SDX modlets. The xml used in this modlet helps configure and use his code, but that xml has so far been stable for testing the code.

To help the debugging process, it is helpful if you do not load other modlets unrelated to the NPCs, like weapon modlets, to reduce complexity. Traders and bandits are compatible. Once you get an error, consider stopping the game immediately and saving the log. That was the specific event is easy to locate.

Thanks again for helping.

I cant reproduce the dialog error, that might be you are missing one or more dialog sdx modlets or perhaps my build has something yours doesnt. Will keep looking for that one.

Once you give the command to follow you to learn the route, walk that route then stop, and give the new command to "patrol your route". If you are not seeing that option, then again you have a dialog issue we need to find as it works for other testers and myself.

Upon getting the new (most up to date listed in front page link) code it produces this error when compiling on both systems.

c:\SDX0.7.4\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX_EntityAliveSDX\Scripts\EntityMoveHelperSDX.cs(239,26): error CS0115: 'EntityMoveHelperSDX.Push(EntityAlive)': no suitable method found to override

ERROR: Failed to compile Mods.dll

ERROR: Task Compile mod scripts failed

Never got an error on compiling these codes since we did that fix way back at the start. This is new.

Upon getting the new (most up to date listed in front page link) code it produces this error when compiling on both systems.

c:\SDX0.7.4\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX_EntityAliveSDX\Scripts\EntityMoveHelperSDX.cs(239,26): error CS0115: 'EntityMoveHelperSDX.Push(EntityAlive)': no suitable method found to override

Never got an error on compiling these codes since we did that fix way back at the start. This is new.

Pushed a fix. Please resync entityAliveSDX, and it should fix it.

It's gone from the repos. Delete the SDX_EntityAliveSDX/Scripts/EntityMoveHelperSDX.cs if it still exists locally

My bad, it made a new error. First thing i do, on a compile, is delete the old...old habit when you have mild OCD :)

c:\SDX0.7.4\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX_EAITasks\Scripts\EAIMaslowLevel1SDX.cs(290,25): error CS0161: 'EAIMaslowLevel1SDX.PerformAction()': not all code paths return a value

EVENT: Action completed at: 4/28/2019 1:23:41 PM and took 4.68 seconds

Remote build failed

My bad, it made a new error. First thing i do, on a compile, is delete the old...old habit when you have mild OCD :)

c:\SDX0.7.4\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX_EAITasks\Scripts\EAIMaslowLevel1SDX.cs(290,25): error CS0161: 'EAIMaslowLevel1SDX.PerformAction()': not all code paths return a value

EVENT: Action completed at: 4/28/2019 1:23:41 PM and took 4.68 seconds

Remote build failed

Patched. Sorry about that.

Error is gone but "Patrol Your Route" option is not on screen and i've downloaded everything, several times, because of the patch. I just download the entire directory every time to make sure everything is new.

906613781_Screenshot(71).jpg.3a2be323731e80f39dd70a0d3195b9a9.jpg

I doubt you can see it but it's not on the list of commands...

Follow me Guard Here

Do you have any jobs? Wander Around

Show me Your Inventory Follow Me For Your Patrol Router

Stay Here Never Mind

That's all that's there

PS - This forum downloads screencaps at actual size. Why does it show them at close to 1/4 when clicking for close-up?

Error is gone but "Patrol Your Route" option is not on screen and i've downloaded everything, several times, because of the patch. I just download the entire directory every time to make sure everything is new.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28267[/ATTACH]

I doubt you can see it but it's not on the list of commands...

Follow me Guard Here

Do you have any jobs? Wander Around

Show me Your Inventory Follow Me For Your Patrol Router

Stay Here Never Mind

That's all that's there

PS - This forum downloads screencaps at actual size. Why does it show them at close to 1/4 when clicking for close-up?

We use Imgur to host images; much nicer experience.

If you do not see "Patrol your Route" that means it forgot the patrol points you had assigned to it. There's still issues with some persisting, it seems.

Harley's neat, but if she gets into your building (and the floor you're on) it feels like she's right in your ear and she's LOUD lol.

She is that way to be annoying...working as intended :-)

Found the bug related to the have any jobs dialog option. Its pointing to a test quest that doesn't exist in the aXUI_Dialog modlet, and Sphereii is aware of it now. Expect a patch to that file in the near future.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

She is that way to be annoying...working as intended :-)

Found the bug related to the have any jobs dialog option. Its pointing to a test quest that doesn't exist in the aXUI_Dialog modlet, and Sphereii is aware of it now. Expect a patch to that file in the near future.

Did you guys ever figure out why they were wandering away from their guard spots and forgetting you hired them? Usually, it was between 40-60 minutes in real time.

Did you guys ever figure out why they were wandering away from their guard spots and forgetting you hired them? Usually, it was between 40-60 minutes in real time.

We have theories about CVars not being "sticky" but no fix yet.

• xyth locked this topic