A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

Bandits and wandering traders are compatible with this mod. Bandits should attack npcs on sight. Npcs may attack on sight but will attack back if attacked. Same with the traders, but the traders will shoot bandits on sight. Traders and bandits do not use factions but attack based on entity class. I might change that at some point.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Xyth, I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here, but I'm posting it here just in case it has something to do with this particular mod. So I installed all of them: Bandits, Wandering traders and this NPCs mod. I encountered BanditArcher but it was killed by a zombie in the snow biome and just when that happened, console showed up with this message:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

Xyth, I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here, but I'm posting it here just in case it has something to do with this particular mod. So I installed all of them: Bandits, Wandering traders and this NPCs mod. I encountered BanditArcher but it was killed by a zombie in the snow biome and just when that happened, console showed up with this message:

I'll do some testing to confirm...Thanks

Bug confirmed. Apparently a vanilla bug that Khaine found a work around for. I will write the xpath patch and upload later today.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Hi Xyth. NPC's are my most desired feature in 7DTD. So I really appreciate your focus on this area. When I look on Spherii's launcher I do not see on the A17 list any of your NPC mods. Also does the launcher have modlets offered on it? I do not see those on there either. Thanks for all your efforts to improve the game.

I'll do some testing to confirm...Thanks

Bug confirmed. Apparently a vanilla bug that Khaine found a work around for. I will write the xpath patch and upload later today.

Thank you! I downloaded them all through Mod launcher. Does it automatically download the update when it's available or will I have to download the mods again manually?

Updated the NPCs, bandits and traders to all require a new dependency on a modlet called Patch_Entity, which will fix the error caused when an entity (or player when he respawns, probably) has a bleeding buff on it when it dies. That new modlet should be found with my vanilla modlets on the launcher or in that repo

Also updated the bandits to new SDX movement code so they should move better.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! I downloaded them all through Mod launcher. Does it automatically download the update when it's available or will I have to download the mods again manually?

I updated the versions of all 3 mods, so click on update to get the latest version of all 3 and get that new dependancy

Updated the NPCs, bandits and traders to all require a new dependency on a modlet called Patch_Entity, which will fix the error caused when an entity (or player when he respawns, probably) has a bleeding buff on it when it dies. That new modlet should be found with my vanilla modlets on the launcher or in that repo

Also updated the bandits to new SDX movement code so they should move better.

- - - Updated - - -

I updated the versions of all 3 mods, so click on update to get the latest version of all 3 and get that new dependancy

Does this update need a new world to take effect?

i plan to at some point, whether its to throw them at xyth to add in or to make an add on pack i dunno, still learning and want to add things to them

Try this set:

Security guard with riot shield and baton

Soldier with rifle

Cop with a shotgun

Cop with a small gun

Last but not least...

Crazy John wearing a dirty white tank top with blood stains on it (which of course isn't his blood), he's a badass ex-cop who always happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, always saving unfortunate innocent people from whole armies of terrorists with just his smg that seems to never run out of ammo, but this time since he'd be late to spend time with family on Christmas eve anyway, he must save whoever is still alive in the zombie apocalypse.

I updated all the entity mods with that link.

Are there any more modlets that are A17 compatible (not overhauls) that imbed buildings like in "Curse of Anubis"? I'm looking to add whatever i can, to mix it up, without completely overloading things. That's why i upped the memory and went SSD, for the extra speed.

I updated all the entity mods with that link.

Do they show up, on the map, like the bandits do and how rare are they by default? I've gotta get the server running, by this afternoon, for the Friday LAN party. ;)

Update: I upped their probability rate and noticed that yes, they are on radar.

Very awesome mod, Xyth.

Edited by Kilroy5150 (see edit history)

Do they show up, on the map, like the bandits do and how rare are they by default? I've gotta get the server running, by this afternoon, for the Friday LAN party. ;)

You do see them occasionally at that setting....seemed about right but everyone likes this different.

Pushed yet another update to all entity classes to remove all buffs from entities except the archer bandit

You do see them occasionally at that setting....seemed about right but everyone likes this different.

Pushed yet another update to all entity classes to remove all buffs from entities except the archer bandit

Hey if you're open to ideas: I was wondering how hard it would be, when driving something, to replace the belt inventory with an KPH/MPH gauge with fuel / damage level included in the area? Now i've seen mods that make the belt disappear when riding so i know it can be wiped temporarily.

Also, would i be possible (and this is a pretty big project) to randomly spawn "survivor" camps in the map that could contact you, after you discover them, when they're under assault? Maybe their group could have a very low probability heavy-hitter and others you could hire and do quests for like saving someone who's trapped in a house?

It would give the game so much longer life and a lot more meaning.

Edited by Kilroy5150 (see edit history)

Hey if you're open to ideas: I was wondering how hard it would be, when driving something, to replace the belt inventory with an KPH/MPH gauge with fuel / damage level included in the area? Now i've seen mods that make the belt disappear when riding so i know it can be wiped temporarily.

Also, would i be possible (and this is a pretty big project) to randomly spawn "survivor" camps in the map that could contact you, after you discover them, when they're under assault?

First one could be done by someone who likes to play with the user interface. Have to ponder the second one. Spawning is no problem, its the "event" that would need coding.