Need help to find out a few things

xxx73

Hey again

Another day of modding, and I need you guys to help me solve some ideas.

1. Terrain based movement speed for vehicles

Is it possible to have terrain based movement speed for different vehicles, similar to what elucidus made for player?

Here is code he used on blocks.

<property name="MovementFactor" value=".85"/>

2. Active skille give exp to player leveling or skill points

I use the active skill system from KhaineGB Darkness Falls, this system make it possible to level some skills by doing actions related to that skill, as it was before i 7dtd. I like to take it a step further by adding a small exp bonus to player level for each skill level up, or one skill point to spend for every 5 level players gain in active skills. Is anything of this possible?

3. Reduced tree density at higher elevation

Is it possible to change density of trees depending on elevation? Back in A16 it was possible to set biomes at certain elevation.

4. Recommended max speed for vehicles

I really hate the vehicle speed in A17, so I have improved speed on all vehicles, some with almost doble max speed.

My questions is:

What max speed do you guys recommend on a good server for 3 players?

What is the consequences if driving "too" fast?

I appreciate any thoughts on this subjects.

Have fun :)

I can answer point 4.

4. Yes there are consequences when a vehicle is to fast , leaving the chunk area and going into a new chunk can glitch as the graphics have to populate the screen and you get a sudden freeze passing between chunks ( and I have a beast of PC )

My experience with my 'fun' Turbo Gyrocopter modlet was that my gyro whilst wickedly fast ( 0-60 in no time) would stop mid air momentarily as i passed into a new chunk.

My settings for velocity max on gyro are 20, 80 with some other tweaks (Modlet not published before anyone asks lol).

Recommended top speeds would be velocitymax 30 for me personally , in my first person vehicles mod I find it needs to be faster , but with 2 other players on my server i did not notice any issues. Not to say there would not be issues but depends also on the other players pings also.

Ragsy

I can answer point 4.

4. Yes there are consequences when a vehicle is to fast , leaving the chunk area and going into a new chunk can glitch as the graphics have to populate the screen and you get a sudden freeze passing between chunks ( and I have a beast of PC )

My experience with my 'fun' Turbo Gyrocopter modlet was that my gyro whilst wickedly fast ( 0-60 in no time) would stop mid air momentarily as i passed into a new chunk.

My settings for velocity max on gyro are 20, 80 with some other tweaks (Modlet not published before anyone asks lol).

Recommended top speeds would be velocitymax 30 for me personally , in my first person vehicles mod I find it needs to be faster , but with 2 other players on my server i did not notice any issues. Not to say there would not be issues but depends also on the other players pings also.

Ragsy

Great information, thanks.

Velocitymax 30, is more than double speed than vanilla settings, this is similar to what I use for the fastest vehicles.

Good news that it work with more players on the server, I have noticed in A17 when someone cause a landslide in the dessert, after some risky mining, there is no noticeable slowdown for other players.. This is big improvement over A16.

Hey again

Another day of modding, and I need you guys to help me solve some ideas.

1. Terrain based movement speed for vehicles

Is it possible to have terrain based movement speed for different vehicles, similar to what elucidus made for player?

Here is code he used on blocks.

2. Active skille give exp to player leveling or skill points

I use the active skill system from KhaineGB Darkness Falls, this system make it possible to level some skills by doing actions related to that skill, as it was before i 7dtd. I like to take it a step further by adding a small exp bonus to player level for each skill level up, or one skill point to spend for every 5 level players gain in active skills. Is anything of this possible?

3. Reduced tree density at higher elevation

Is it possible to change density of trees depending on elevation? Back in A16 it was possible to set biomes at certain elevation.

4. Recommended max speed for vehicles

I really hate the vehicle speed in A17, so I have improved speed on all vehicles, some with almost doble max speed.

My questions is:

What max speed do you guys recommend on a good server for 3 players?

What is the consequences if driving "too" fast?

I appreciate any thoughts on this subjects.

Have fun :)

2 might be possible.

<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="0.1" />

That's a 10% player XP bonus. So what you'd do... is something like this.

<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="0.01,0.05" level="1,5"/>

That code would give a 1% XP bonus to the player from levelling that specific skill, per level of the skill, to level 5. :)

Concerning 2:

Do i understand you want the player to get a constant number of XP points as you hit another level in a skill?

I have recently delved into checking how you can give a player XP points. Apart from having a quest that finishes instantly (i don't know how to give a quest...), there is no way to award manually XP points.

Giving an XP bonus (so you get 10% more points) is just like Khaine mentioned.

Adding skillpoints was done in 0XP mod created by Roland and it requires an additional script and the game ran through SDX. Apart from that, there is also no way to simply add skillpoints (although i have not checked thoroughly enough, focused merely on XP and levels).

2 might be possible.

<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="0.1" />

That's a 10% player XP bonus. So what you'd do... is something like this.

<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="0.01,0.05" level="1,5"/>

That code would give a 1% XP bonus to the player from levelling that specific skill, per level of the skill, to level 5. :)

hmm oki, this is again a little over my head. Where do I need to add this codes?

Can I just put it together with other passive effects in progression?

This is one of the action kills I would like to give xp to character level:

<perk name="perkASAthletics" parent="skillASTools" max_level="100" base_skill_point_cost="1" name_key="Athletics" desc_key="perkASAthleticsDesc" icon="ui_game_symbol_run">

<effect_group>

<passive_effect name="StaminaChangeOT" operation="perc_add" value="0.1,0.25" level="1,100" tags="running"/>

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="0.1,0.25" level="1,100" tags="melee,running"/>

<passive_effect name="HealthLoss" operation="perc_subtract" value="0.05,0.25" level="1,100" tags="running"/>

<passive_effect name="StaminaLoss" operation="perc_add" value="0.05,0,15" level="1,100" tags="jumping"/>

</effect_group>

<effect_group name="AS Athletics Lvl Increase">

<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$AS_Athletics_Lvl" operation="LT" value="100"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfWalk" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffAthleticsSkillXPTick"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfRun" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffAthleticsSkillXPTick"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfJump" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffAthleticsSkillXPTick"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfCrouchRun" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffAthleticsSkillXPTick"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfCrouchWalk" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffAthleticsSkillXPTick"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSwimStart" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffAthleticsSkillXPTick"/>

</effect_group>

<effect_group name="AS Athletics Lvl Increase">

<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$AS_Athletics_Lvl" operation="LT" value="100"/>

<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$AS_Athletics_XP" operation="GTE" value="@$AS_Athletics_LvlNextTotal"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfWalk" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$AS_Athletics_LvlNextAdd" operation="multiply" value="@$AS_XP_Mult"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfWalk" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$AS_Athletics_LvlNextTotal" operation="add" value="@$AS_Athletics_LvlNextAdd"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfWalk" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$AS_Athletics_Lvl" operation="add" value="1"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfWalk" action="ShowToolbeltMessage" message="Your Skill In Athletics Has Increased!"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfWalk" action="PlaySound" sound="levelup" play_in_head="true"/>

</effect_group>

<effect_group>

<triggered_effect trigger="onPerkLevelChanged" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$AS_Athletics_XP" operation="add" value="@$AS_Athletics_LvlNextAdd"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onPerkLevelChanged" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$AS_Athletics_LvlNextAdd" operation="multiply" value="@$AS_XP_Mult"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onPerkLevelChanged" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$AS_Athletics_LvlNextTotal" operation="add" value="@$AS_Athletics_LvlNextAdd"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onPerkLevelChanged" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$AS_Athletics_Lvl" operation="add" value="1"/>

</effect_group>

</perk>

OKi I tried to add this to each action skill in progression:

<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="0.50,0.75" level="1,5"/>

I used high numbers to see if there was a difference, and I did not see anything. Am i missing somethings?

Archived