17.2 money making schemes?

Deadalready

So level 110, day 35 and I'm still strangely struggling for money. In previous runs I was always well catered for by selling everything I was looting from POIs but obviously this is no longer valid.

Without resorting to Granpa's Cheese, what are some legitimate ways to make money in Alpha 17?

Picnic tables are still a good way to get a lot of money. I'm at Better Barter at level 5 and would get about 30000 coins for 200 picnic tables. You need 800 forged iron, 2000 nails and 5000 wood to make 200 picnic tables.

What also works well to get money is to sell self made armour and tools. Q6 steel armor brings about 1300 coins per piece and Q6 steel pickaxes, axes and shovels bring about 1200 coins per piece if you have Better Barter at level 5 and with a cigar.

If you're more interested in scavenging, it's a good idea to do quests. They don't make you rich but you get some extra coins. You can also loot the POI twice if you want to. The POI will be reset for the quest complete with loot and zombies.

Archived