Pour water on your head for cooling effect

Dimpy

It would be kinda cool if it was possible to pour murky water on your head or on your clothes and use it to cool off. This is a legitimate survival strategy IRL, because it reduces the amount of freshwater you waste by sweating it out. I guess it would also work for if you're on fire.

Dunno how the control scheme would work for it though. Maybe left click is drink and right click is pour? The problem with that is I can see a bunch of new players right clicking in an attempt to drink the water and raging when they end up pouring it our instead.

That's not a bad idea. However, I would think sweat is more effective at heat reduction than direct application of water, given that sweat sticks to skin longer so that wind can continually hit it and amplify the cooling effect of wind. On the other hand, in dire situations, like in a sunlit desert, there might not be any wind and if you're already dehydrated pouring water onto yourself might be more effective for the immediate moment. In other words, it may be a viable short term solution to avoid heat stroke. So I personally like your idea, as long as it doesn't undermine the effectiveness of actually drinking water.

That's not a bad idea. However, I would think sweat is more effective at heat reduction than direct application of water, given that sweat sticks to skin longer so that wind can continually hit it and amplify the cooling effect of wind. On the other hand, in dire situations, like in a sunlit desert, there might not be any wind and if you're already dehydrated pouring water onto yourself might be more effective for the immediate moment. In other words, it may be a viable short term solution to avoid heat stroke. So I personally like your idea, as long as it doesn't undermine the effectiveness of actually drinking water.

I agree on all those points. I was thinking this would be more of something you'd use with murky water, because it's something you'd not want to drink.

Archived