GPU Load 99-98%

xxx73

I think that's normal. The gpu is just pushing out as many frames as it possibly can. What is your fps? I find that if I limit my fps to between 65 and 75, my gpu usage drops a lot, and the game seems smoother.

Thanks for your reply. FPS is hard to say but I think around 75-110. Ok I will try that. But still I find it strange that this game is using 98-99% gpu load, even in menus or alt-tab to windows. None of my other games does this. Can it be something in the driver settings that do this?

Thanks for your reply. FPS is hard to say but I think around 75-110. Ok I will try that. But still I find it strange that this game is using 98-99% gpu load, even in menus or alt-tab to windows. None of my other games does this. Can it be something in the driver settings that do this?

Why would you find it strange? This is probably the most hardware intensive game on the market, and it's almost completely un-optimized right now.

FPS is hard to say but I think around 75-110.

F8 will show FPS, Afterburner with Rivatuner will let you set a framerate and see a lot of system info in game.

Also, when referring to the high usage as "normal" I meant normal for this game, not a finalized, optimized game.

My framerate is very playable most of the time, but it does drop when there are a lot of zombies about.

Ok I was afraid it was that the game is not optimized. I tried to limit fps to 75 and load and temp dropped a little, so thanks for the suggestion.

You are playing a game that is still in the Alpha development stage. Optimization comes during Beta development, which is literally just around the corner for 7 Days.

Ok I was afraid it was that the game is not optimized. I tried to limit fps to 75 and load and temp dropped a little, so thanks for the suggestion.

Np, also, since you mentioned high temps... I had real issues with my 1060 temp maxing out all the time when I first got it. I added a couple of fans to my case and got much lower temps. The gpu will throttle when the temp is high so, you might find some improvement looking at lowering your case temps.

Np, also, since you mentioned high temps... I had real issues with my 1060 temp maxing out all the time when I first got it. I added a couple of fans to my case and got much lower temps. The gpu will throttle when the temp is high so, you might find some improvement looking at lowering your case temps.

I have custom coling. 3 fans, but they dumping heat into chassis. But MasterCase H500M is a really nice chassis, but I'm not 100% sure about fan configuration,or placement of CPU water cooler. The GPU's in 7dtd without any fps limiter running at 98-99% load, and overclocked, with default cooling profile, stays in the low 80 all the time. Limited to 75 fps it drop down to high 70.

Im going to test with or without side-glass to see if it have any effect. If it does my fan configuration maybe need to be changed.

That looks like a nice case, seems like temps should be lower. Are the radiator fans blowing out or in? It's water cooled CPU and air cooled GPU? I effed around with my fans a lot until I was able to get positive case pressure. Once I got that settled my temps really dropped.

That looks like a nice case, seems like temps should be lower. Are the radiator fans blowing out or in? It's water cooled CPU and air cooled GPU? I effed around with my fans a lot until I was able to get positive case pressure. Once I got that settled my temps really dropped.

The case is really nice. Yep CPU is water cooled, and GPU have only fans dumping hot air inside case. I read up on several tests about placement of radiator in this case. There is two 20cm fans in front so some recommended placing the radiator behind them with radiator fans pulling air into the case. This will result in some heat coming into the case, but the airflow through the cpu radiator is improved, lowering the temp on my 9700k OC cpu. So I prioritized CPU over GPU.

So my setup is this:

2 x 20cm fans intake in front

2 x 14cm radiator fans in front

1 x 14 cm fan outtake in back

2 x 12cm fans outtake in top

But maybe by given priority to CPU cooling, GPU suffer too much.

As proven in this test:

Its not the H500M but its predecessor H500P, but I will expect something similar, even lower gpu temps since the H500M have better airflow in front.

I think I'd try the radiator in top with the rad fans blowing out. (exhaust) Having the radiator setup behind the 20cm fans seems like it would cut down on the air flow into the case. The way you have it set up, you don't have any source of cool air getting into the case so the GPU is gonna run hotter than it should. So let the 2 20cm fans fill the case with cool air, then the GPU and CPU can both use it. The heat from CPU will go out the top and won't add heat to the case.

Archived