Unkown file version

skertelles2.0

so I trying to play the war of the walkers mod for alpha 16.4 and I keep getting this error at the start up that says "Unknown file version(7DaysToDie.exe") then game wont load. This is the first time something like this happened and I reinstalled the game twice, and restarted my computer, I don't know what's going on.

You too? I assumed the file got munged, but deleting it and redownloading didn't help. I have a suspicion that the 16.4 versions of files have been removed from some online database of CRCs that would allow it to pass. Man, I was hoping to get some play in today. :/

You too? I assumed the file got munged, but deleting it and redownloading didn't help. I have a suspicion that the 16.4 versions of files have been removed from some online database of CRCs that would allow it to pass. Man, I was hoping to get some play in today. :/

what I did it to get working was turn off the eac cheat thing and downloaded a different version of the mod and once I turned off eac it started working.

Well, yeah, it's EAC that's causing the issue, so turning it off would work. :D I just had to disable it on the server my friends and I are on, because that's a 16.4 server and we're all unable to play with EAC on.

A larger question is "what versions does this affect? a17 is obviously not, is it just 16.4b8?"

Well, yeah, it's EAC that's causing the issue, so turning it off would work. :D I just had to disable it on the server my friends and I are on, because that's a 16.4 server and we're all unable to play with EAC on.

A larger question is "what versions does this affect? a17 is obviously not, is it just 16.4b8?"

I'm having the same problem with A15.2. It insists that the client files are not the correct version. The only way to get it to work is to turn EAC off.

I think maybe EAC only works for A17. Maybe they are trying to discourage us from playing older versions?

There are also reports of this in the Steam Forums.

I had someone ask me the other day to help them figure it out. It does seem to be an EAC issue, unfortunately for the people playing 16.4 on servers, disabling EAC is not a real option. Most servers have it enabled. I would be nice if we can get a confirmation that it is, in fact all due to EAC and not 7 Days, just knowing would help people focus in the right direction.

I am aware that this sort of thing is supposed to be solved via the community..............

I have been happily playing a17.2 and enjoying it, but I have been asked for help, not because I know what I'm doing, because I don't. But because people having this issue are not being taken seriously and there has been, to my knowledge no official help suggested or offered.

I reverted back to 16.4 just to see if I would also have the issue and I did get the Error.

I am pretty sure that it's either "EAC updated a database and dropped a lot of stuff", "EAC updated their software and older versions of the algorithm no longer work", or else "TFP had EAC remove a bunch of old versions". The game files for older versions did not change, so it's not the 7DTD software itself.

Archived