Jump to content
Damocles

[A19] NITROGEN , a random world generator for 7DtD

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

Most likely it's due to Compopack POI's They can be huge FPS eaters.


Nop, I precised that the nitrogen map was a vanilla prefabs, no extra POI and default params :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm trying to create an island map for my personal server.  It's based on an actual island in Lake Superior.  My plan is for it to be an all-snow biome.  It's Lake Superior.  I actually have the heightmap working and I can generate a nice map.  I've set the biome to "only snow" but it isn't working.  It creates a forest biome every time.  It creates a green biomes.png every time.  Anyone have any advice?

 

image.thumb.png.33718b0ec3c8c7c3940c9cba61de60cf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

soo another alpha .. another chance for nitrogen (and another awfull issue🤦‍♀️ )

all tier 1 quests at 4 traders are buried treasures bad luck ? 20x refreshed quests and still only buried treasures

 

so i tried to generate another map  same issue   1 trader 10x refresh

POI are normaly present

 

is this some new feature of nitrogen ?

or it simply fail to generate map correctly making POI that cannot be recognized by game leading to no fetch/clear quests?

 

(4096.wasteland only ,disabled vicious cracks.. everything else default)

Edited by alanea (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like vanilla coding looking for forest biome for level 1 quests and not finding any?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JCrook1028 said:

Sounds like vanilla coding looking for forest biome for level 1 quests and not finding any?

almost

On 9/25/2020 at 11:35 AM, jenniann said:

why is it if i make a world completely wasteland i always get NO Trader Found? And is there any way to fix it

 

poked in xml a little ... and guess i should earlier

 

White River Citizen 1 - Journey to Settlement

tier1_fetch

tier1_clear

tier2_nexttrader

tier3_nexttrader

 

ignore targets placed in wasteland .... leading to no valid trader/quest target on wasteland only map  ....

 

tier 2+ fetch /clear and tier 4/5  of next trader  ..  should be fine

so yeah   its not issue  with nitrogen ... but with wasteland only map not supported by game ... kinda remember a17 map working fine ... but it kinda makes sense they dont want to send beginners into wasteland on lvl  1

Quote

<objective type="Goto" id="trader" value="5" phase="1">
            <property name="nav_object" value="go_to_trader" />
            <property name="biome_filter_type" value="ExcludeBiome" />
            <property name="biome_filter" value="wasteland" />

        </objective>

if someone wanted fix  .... just delete bold lines in quests.xml (for each quest individualy )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2020 at 5:29 AM, candrey said:

Naive newbie question: If I get Nitrogen with compopack, do I get Compopack POIs PLUS the vanilla ones, or INSTEAD of them?

I only found answers to this question for older versions. So I'm not sure what applies right now. 

 

I ask because I love RWG worlds but don't want to miss some vanilla POIs. 

just drop them in the existing poi folder (don't forget to overwrite the two nitrogen files with the ones included with the poi pack also)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 6:30 AM, Wenzil said:

So I'm trying to create an island map for my personal server.  It's based on an actual island in Lake Superior.  My plan is for it to be an all-snow biome.  It's Lake Superior.  I actually have the heightmap working and I can generate a nice map.  I've set the biome to "only snow" but it isn't working.  It creates a forest biome every time.  It creates a green biomes.png every time.  Anyone have any advice?

 

Sure - just repaint the biomes.png file with white.  - hint open the test_alpine_biome.png and make sure you get your colour from the white in that image then do a flood fill (often a paint can image on the tool bar of most image editors) to replace the green for forest biome in the biomes.png file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, scallipus said:

 

Sure - just repaint the biomes.png file with white.  - hint open the test_alpine_biome.png and make sure you get your colour from the white in that image then do a flood fill (often a paint can image on the tool bar of most image editors) to replace the green for forest biome in the biomes.png file

Tried doing that with biomes.png but it kept overwriting me.  I ended up making changes in config.txt in the Resources directory.  I adjusted the water and snow altitudes and got this:

 

 

image.png

Edited by Wenzil (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an update to the A19 version? I generate a map and many of the buildings have glitches where the black marble stone is filling some buildings, I can walk through them and its only a visual glitch, but it is a pain, great work over all.  would love if possible a sewer/ underground tunnels added (if possible I have no idea how difficult this all is)

 

A19.1 (b8) is the current build at time of posting this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a question about a possible update on Nitrogen from 19 experimental to 19.1 or possibly 19.2 stable (later).
Generation on the Height map has started coming up with issues, they render in about a block shallower than usual, and the water table itself is off by a block (plus the normal heightmap) which makes it sink about 2 blocks, making the water more broken than TFP ever did lol.
Certain kicks like having no lakes have kept these large expanses of dirt fields to a minimum.
(when they render in, the server console goes wild, giving a bad pathing and no heightmap errors client side that happen once in a while, easy to go around. the bad pathing nodes ping one per bad patch of land, and when you visit the flat fields of dirt, convex hull null errors appear in abundance.)
I've spent a couple weeks personally going into each little thing on Nitrogen and adjusting things accordingly since the new map reader went live from TFP to read PNGs differently.
If anyone has any recommendations or has info on Damo's next update, that would be fantastic.
Compo pack has been super stubborn, and I can't seem to make that work, especially since A19 allowed the errors to be masked when loading server foreign POIs to the clients. So I've stuck with well made A19 Vanilla prefabs instead for the map gens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We made this map.  It is amazing to play.  Haven't had the balls to make it all wasteland, as it is freaky enough on insane difficulty setting.  Alleys of buildings, looks freakishly real sometimes, like something out of I am legend. 

 

Anyone make manhattan yet?  I tried, but I can't figure out how to import a height map.  Can someone provide a link or explanation as to how it is done?  I tried a couple things I found, but nothing has worked.

previewMap.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AshKai12 said:

Is there an update to the A19 version? I generate a map and many of the buildings have glitches where the black marble stone is filling some buildings, I can walk through them and its only a visual glitch, but it is a pain, great work over all.  would love if possible a sewer/ underground tunnels added (if possible I have no idea how difficult this all is)

 

A19.1 (b8) is the current build at time of posting this.

Your graphics card is over-heating.  I just shut down my game as I just started to get black marble at 42 celsius.  This has cropped up in B19, don't recall having such overheats in B18 and prior.  I've had it as high as 57 Celsius.  It's playable, but not that fun.  I have a Sapphire Nitro + RX 580 with 8gb- generally can run anything.

 

With B19 I can go from a resting 24 degrees to 37-40 plus degrees in nothing flat.  Not sure what they've done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AshKai12 said:

Is there an update to the A19 version? I generate a map and many of the buildings have glitches where the black marble stone is filling some buildings, I can walk through them and its only a visual glitch, but it is a pain, great work over all.  would love if possible a sewer/ underground tunnels added (if possible I have no idea how difficult this all is)

 

A19.1 (b8) is the current build at time of posting this.

Try this:  If you are seeing the blocks, hit F1 and enter pois

 

There is a bug that seems to be common in A19 that causes the game to not render objects properly.  Seems to be pretty common these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 3:49 AM, JCrook1028 said:

Most likely it's due to Compopack POI's They can be huge FPS eaters.

not anymore lol. The new cp is way less tax heavy on the fps

5 hours ago, AshKai12 said:

Is there an update to the A19 version? I generate a map and many of the buildings have glitches where the black marble stone is filling some buildings, I can walk through them and its only a visual glitch, but it is a pain, great work over all.  would love if possible a sewer/ underground tunnels added (if possible I have no idea how difficult this all is)

 

A19.1 (b8) is the current build at time of posting this.

simply log off and back into game normally fixes this glitch. TFP know about it. the issue is it is hard to reproduce easily.

On 9/28/2020 at 10:29 PM, candrey said:

Naive newbie question: If I get Nitrogen with compopack, do I get Compopack POIs PLUS the vanilla ones, or INSTEAD of them?

I only found answers to this question for older versions. So I'm not sure what applies right now. 

 

I ask because I love RWG worlds but don't want to miss some vanilla POIs. 

yes you do. When you dl the cp (Nitrogen method) it has its own prefablist.xml just overwrite the nitrogen one and run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just wanted to do a quick check- any there any known issues with the current version of nitrogen with v19 stable?

after having...issues with the last map i ran when v18 was new (was why i originality started using nitrogen), i..kinda wanna check if NG's working properly, especially since it hasnt updated/i havent seen a post from the OP since before the last game update hit stable >.<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gantradies said:

I haven't seen a post from the OP since before the last game update hit stable >.<

He was online 4 hours ago so I dunno what's going on. 😖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to wonder if he's holding off, 19.2 experimental has a new map mechanic to improve performance.
TFP is adjusting the Microsplat, and i wonder if it's going to break things further like their new reader they brought when Stable dropped.
When that reader came in, Nitrogen started to act up and the maps started to come out with more flaws than normal.
Perhaps TFP is making more map mechanic changes and Damo's just waiting to knock 'em all out at once?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, stallionsden said:

not anymore lol. The new cp is way less tax heavy on the fps

A19 I had to drastically lower my settings to stop from actually crashing out of the game as compared to vanilla. Even running a Nitrogen world without CP ran much better than with CP. My experimental A19 world had no CP, just Nitro with vanilla POI.s It was only when I added on the CP that I had to further lower my settings. Now I realize my machine is not beefy but I had much lower performance after adding CP as compared to non CP. Ymmv but that is my experience with it. It is WORTH the effort in tuning it in imo but I did have to do some adjusting of quality to run it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Gantradies said:

just wanted to do a quick check- any there any known issues with the current version of nitrogen with v19 stable?

after having...issues with the last map i ran when v18 was new (was why i originality started using nitrogen), i..kinda wanna check if NG's working properly, especially since it hasnt updated/i havent seen a post from the OP since before the last game update hit stable >.<

I've not seen or had any issues with plus 40hrs of play since starting my newest play through with a nitrogen map 10.2x10.2k, the a19 patched poi pack and the latest a19 stable 7d version. Only 4 players but all different systems without any issues. 

Edited by Dre (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

A19 I had to drastically lower my settings to stop from actually crashing out of the game as compared to vanilla. Even running a Nitrogen world without CP ran much better than with CP. My experimental A19 world had no CP, just Nitro with vanilla POI.s It was only when I added on the CP that I had to further lower my settings. Now I realize my machine is not beefy but I had much lower performance after adding CP as compared to non CP. Ymmv but that is my experience with it. It is WORTH the effort in tuning it in imo but I did have to do some adjusting of quality to run it.

 

 

Have you tried cp46.  Cp45 and prior yes was taxing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MaxitOp4 said:

I'm starting to wonder if he's holding off, 19.2 experimental has a new map mechanic to improve performance.
TFP is adjusting the Microsplat, and i wonder if it's going to break things further like their new reader they brought when Stable dropped.
When that reader came in, Nitrogen started to act up and the maps started to come out with more flaws than normal.
Perhaps TFP is making more map mechanic changes and Damo's just waiting to knock 'em all out at once?

he disappeared before any mention to this, didnt he?
I just hope everything is well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Spoiler

 

Обновите генератор пожалуйста ! Альфа 19.2  Старая версия NitroGen v0.501 A19 (экспериментальная)  большая проблема с текстурами.. накладываются одна на другую..  Перезагрузка игры помогает, но лишь на миг) 


 

Update the generator please! Alpha 19.2 Old version NitroGen v0.501 A19 (experimental) big problem with textures .. superimposed on one another .. Reloading the game helps, but only for a moment)
 
Please only posts in english. Use google translate or similar.
Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated Nitrogen to use Compopack 46 - its not adding the Darkness Falls POI's anymore (Zones yes, POI's no).

 

Any ideas? - pretty sure i'm just being dumb...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Have you tried cp46.  Cp45 and prior yes was taxing. 

No and I'm mid playthrough now so too late for any changes this Alpha. A20 on the way tho lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please update the generator! Alpha 19.2 Old version of NitroGen v0.501 A19 (experimental) big problem with textures .. they overlap one another .. Restarting the game helps, but only for a moment)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...