Sign in to follow this  
Mayic

Firearms 2! Fully redone

This mode worked well.

However, the first time you start the game and take out a weapon in this mode, it takes 3 to 5 seconds freezing. It's not just me. Freezing takes place at the same time for all users multiplayer on the server. That's too much for some impact ammunition and too much loading freezing for each weapon.

There seems to be a need for improvement.

How can I make this work with the GNAmod ui?

It says it can't use the workbenches cuz they are not in the xui. And Gnamod has to load last or it won't work. i need to find a way to combine the ui in this with the GNAmod ui.

I am really liking this mod! I do have a question though. Is it possible for an admin to control whether or not a mod item is in the game? Example, if I think an item is too OP, can I single it out and restrict access? Thank you for your time and hard work!

@op Can you make the images you post not uploaded to this forum, they are far too small, bad restraints on here with images

Use Imgur.com or something that are full size and link them please

Hi I have your bigger backpack mod, do you happen to have one to expand the storage for both vehicles and player owned?

Anyone know if this mod is compatible with the Darkness Falls mod?

Interested as well.

Also @Mayics, i just booted the 7dtd launcher and i see mod version is 2.0 while in here you say 2.1. Not updated on launcher or typo ?

'cause i want to try if i can add it to my DF game to see if it works.

Edited by FFW_Rude (see edit history)

Interested as well.

Also @Mayics, i just booted the 7dtd launcher and i see mod version is 2.0 while in here you say 2.1. Not updated on launcher or typo ?

'cause i want to try if i can add it to my DF game to see if it works.

It is however at least for me, the latest version of DF and Firearms 2, I have a weird bug and not sure where the fault lies, when I use Incendiary ammo, I catch on fire when shooting a zombie no matter whether they are far away or near.

It's been a while! But I'm back. I'll try and be more active here for A18, much more then I was for A17. Thankfully my workload is not as insane for this version IRL, so I'll be able to frequent here a lot more often.

Big plans for A18 with Firearms. Love what TFP has done, and the new M240 is amazing! The iron sites are very well done! Love it!

Can't wait to show you all what I have in store for this. Something big, vast, and truly unique that I hope can please all crowds.

Main Concept: Weaponry Modlet

In this version, I took ALL of Firearms, and a bit of Melee, dumped the unrealistic elemental weapon attachments, and created what is the beginning of "Weaponry". A full, extensive array of Do-It-Yourself weapon crafting.

There were 2 core groups in A17 with complaints. One group, was annoyed heavily by the MASSIVE amount of ammunition variants for the weapons. The other group, felt the guns should have more customization, more ways to adjust variables on the gun stats.

With that, I created this concept. All guns found in the open world, are now 22LR and 9x19mm variants. That's it. Just two ammo types (minus shotguns). Two simple rounds to manage. All these guns, act the same way vanilla guns do, the same way original Firearms acted. They can take all the mods, break down into materials, etc.

Now this is where that new confusing crafting system I created comes into play. You may of noticed a Research Bench in the last version, with the ability to create a schematic using the original gun. The new 22LR/9x19mm versions, can now be reverse engineered, and used to create fully customized versions of the Firearms. These guns are 100% empty shells, and require 6 parts to fully function. But these 6 parts, are entirely yours to pick and choose, from an array of over 120 gun parts created so far! Want a Desert Eagle fully automatic 30 round mag? You got it! Want a Mp5 single shot long barrel SMG? You got it! Want a chaingun speed SCAR? GG ammo.

This version, I hope pleases all crowds. Those of you that never want to deal with a bunch of confusing weapon mods and parts, will never have to deal with it unless they choose to explore that side of the modlet. And those that wish to basically run a full blown gun manufacturing factory, now can :) I hope this side of the project really stimulates local trade ingame as well for server owners. With parts being vital for gun customization, there are now a lot more hot-ticket items ingame with some serious value.

010c
  • Like 1

Would it be possible to choose wich parts i do and don't want to install ? I like getting to loot lots of diffrent types of ammo and finding the guns not making them all. Feels more hmm not real.. immersive maybe ? I don't know the word. Also if i can find all the guns in the world would they have the RNG numbers like the weapons and armour do in A18 ? I like this very much. I can't say i really would like to have a shotgun with 100 bullets. It is nice that it felt some what realistic the A17 one. And your mod for guns is the best mode for more guns. I know these are selfish questions, sorry.

Can you add a mod for gun to catch empty brass? Maybe have it so it has a chance to or something.

Would it be possible to choose wich parts i do and don't want to install ? I like getting to loot lots of diffrent types of ammo and finding the guns not making them all. Feels more hmm not real.. immersive maybe ? I don't know the word. Also if i can find all the guns in the world would they have the RNG numbers like the weapons and armour do in A18 ? I like this very much. I can't say i really would like to have a shotgun with 100 bullets. It is nice that it felt some what realistic the A17 one. And your mod for guns is the best mode for more guns. I know these are selfish questions, sorry.

So I think you might be really happy with what I've done with this project.

It's up on Nexus now under a new title, Weaponry. The main files are still 17.4, but there is a "beta" test version of Weaponry up there for everyone to test out. https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/304

This is a mix of both major complaints I've gotten about this project. One, is exactly what you're saying. You enjoy just looting guns and running around with an array of cool weapons to cause carnage. The other, is exactly what you're complaining about. People wanted more customization to the guns. A way to expand beyond a few basic changes to fire rate and recoil, and almost mimic other popular games like Fallout in the way of "gun crafting". A DIY experience.

I tried to mix both ideas into one, and I'm actually excited to get an opinion like yours on it. Basically it works like this:

Loot, traders, etc, everything that is quick access in the game, has a 22LR/9x19mm variant to the weapons. So looting, is still the same. Quick, easy, in your face, guns guns guns. Everything a player has easy access to, will still work and function the same as before.

The massive array of gun crafting parts, and the mix-match DIY version, is tied into progression heavily. Those blueprint parts I created in 17.4, and that complex "reverse engineering" crafting system I tossed in, were to test the waters a bit. Those will now unlock both "versions" for the player to craft. The 22LR/9x19mm version, and the new DIY version. You will need to actually FIND a 22lr/9x19 version before you can fully unlock crafting. The whole concept is based kinda on my own thinking. There are a ♥♥♥♥ ton of 22lr versions of high end guns in America. Like A LOT. If it's a popular firearm, it's in 22lr and like 300$. So my thinking was "There's probably a 22 behind every house in America. Find the gun, rip it apart, stick in better gun parts to make it more powerful" So, 22=Blueprints=Craftable versions=Mix match parts=Desert Eagle 30rd 1200RPM fully automatic? :D

I've been sick and busy as ever lately, so I haven't really done a readme yet or anything. I hate doing all that, which is mostly why I use various youtubers to showcase my work.

Also, Nexus is the only host that can take my single batched file. Major issues with live servers with Firearms. If a player with a low-end rig found a gun for the first time, and booted up that 80mb file, it'd cause massive server lag. So to kill that, it's all one file (besides a few test things I have in there for now). Github told me no :( But Nexus will gladly take it. 500mb about.

I should also add, I'm chit chatting with Nexus. They may launch a "Mod Author Page" which allows us to host, well, tons of little modlets and such for you guys to pick and choose from. I'll be splitting up all the guns, 1 by 1, into this own downloadable files. So you can pick which weapons you want to have in your game. This will be barebones, just in traders/loot and probably a recipe book to unlock crafting at TFP's basic workbench. These 1x1 firearms will not be tied to progression, no fancy UI work, no vast changes with them. Just guns to stick in vanilla, and they're going to be easy to fit into other authors Overhaul projects. It's mostly my spastic horrid frankenstein changes that cause compatibility issues anyways.

Great mod, I have had fun with it in the past as well, now giving it a try in A18.

I am wondering, is it possible to get steel casings here? If they are in already, I've not found them.

Thank you for the hard work

EDIT : I have skilled up to tier 4 in weapons crafting expert, but do I still need to find the scematics for the workbenches?

Edited by Nagorian (see edit history)

Doesn't work on either SP or Dedi.

Once an item is held in the hand, I can not do anything else.

Can't swap items in hotbar, select items in inventory etc.

Only way to clear the error is to die or clear BP with Creative menu.

Hello Mayic,

I know there is a lot of work that goes into this mod. My guess is you, along with many other mod developers, are waiting for 18.1 to go stable before releasing an update. Could you give us a hint on what you are adding (weapons, mods, etc.) for your next release?

This mod brings a whole new awesomeness to 7DTD. Keep up the amazing work!