Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Honestly, I don't think a pure Int build - where you only use Int-based weapons - is viable.

This would block you from using fists (brawling perk, not under Int), a wooden club, bow, stone axe, any shovel, pick, or axe, etc...

Who would want to play like that?

So in A17.4 I am an INT/AGILE player so I can use maxed out Compound BOW and all the sneak/shadow/pain perks. also 5/5 in head shot and 5/5 in archery and I rock solo sneaking around almost any place and while on the run in a town I can pump out arrows fast with 5 mods on bow (Rest/Poly/Ergo/Bracer/Hunter)

@madmole, will there ever be incentives to go out at night time and risk your life in the dark? I think a simple XP doubler would do the trick, or maybe special infected that only come out at night, or maybe night time reveals an occasional treasure that's practically invisible during the day (glow in the dark stuff)

I love the night, I treat it no diff than day except I carry some spikes and ladders with me. if things get crazy I ladder up something and or spike around me. Now I have 5000+ hours and have gotten good at this. at low levels I am careful and use a club until I am far up the INT/Agile tree.

I am sure all that changes in A18.x

Snipped

There will be some whose favorite must have perks are split across a few attributes

I have gotten lucky and my 2 main weapons are in the same Attribute (Club and Shotgun) Strength. I also use a bow with my club when it is not horde night and I love to craft, mine and build the workstations with all of their glorious recipes. So, I am going to do what I can to be able to do all of that. If it is too much across too many attributes, then that is fine. But for my first play through, I am going to try it and see.

All the influencer perks are under INT. So if you want to buy the best of the best and be armed to the teeth INT is the way to go. Not only that but you will get transportation sooner, make ammo sooner, and the junk turret takes scrap iron. If anything INT is OP.

I'm guessing the zombies can't rage if they're stunned so that stun baton is going to be quite nice when clearing POIs during quests

All the influencer perks are under INT. So if you want to buy the best of the best and be armed to the teeth INT is the way to go. Not only that but you will get transportation sooner, make ammo sooner, and the junk turret takes scrap iron. If anything INT is OP.

I wouldn't call it OP. Like I said earlier, Intelligence should be seen as an essential part for every character build to give you some advantage, to make good character builds even better.

@madmole, will there ever be incentives to go out at night time and risk your life in the dark? I think a simple XP doubler would do the trick, or maybe special infected that only come out at night, or maybe night time reveals an occasional treasure that's practically invisible during the day (glow in the dark stuff)

Night time is low risk, zombies can't see for crap in the dark. I harvest cars all night if I'm not mining.

I wouldn't call it OP. Like I said earlier, Intelligence should be seen as an essential part for every character build to give you some advantage, to make good character builds even better.

I know exactly how I would play a nearly pure INT build based on what I've seen so far and the only perk I would get outside of INT is Lucky Looter so I can make more money.

No one here is gonna storm Area 51? As I predicted it's turning into a gigantic party. Gonna be a yearly thing now. Alienfest

Dang, i kinda wish madmole filmed his day 14 horde, seems like it would have been funny to see.

As usual you can expect the unexpected from this game. I anticipated I'd put them all to bed by 11:30, instead I was rekt by 11.

I just Got a idea Randomly For the Books in A18

The One Idea i had was called "Navezgane Football league" or NFL ;)

the Perks

1 Training: when Running you have a 45% Chance of not using Stamina when running or Attacking

2 Maintenance: able to craft Z team and S team Football Gear(with Plastic Leather and Cloth) and you Get a more Stamina and 25% chance of not getting stunned

3 illegal Tactics: your brawling weapon (like Brass knuckles) get more Damage and When running if you Hit the Head you get a 100% chance of knocking out there Teeth and a 50% of a Knock down

4 true mans Drink: Able to craft Mega Crush with( Grain Alcohol , 4 coal , 2 Acid and 8 Golden Rod)

5: go long: Able to throw Pipe bombs , Molotov's , spears , and Grenade's farther and spears do more Damage when thrown.

Collector Bones: Stamina Drain is Reduced by 25% and when wearing a full set of football gear when Running you gain more speed(caped) and if your Run full speed you can tackle zombie's they get knocked down and damaged(can Work in a horde) Uses 10 stamina per Zombie

Just kinda bored and i thought about it lol

Right, no pure build is viable nor intended to be.

Sure. Not the case here, but if you balance perks doing mixed builds then you'll never balance them to realize their true potencial and see their flaws, neither alone nor accompanied. Fact there. Obvious fact. That's why I insist on testers doing a pure build of each one off camera and compare them raw. Tedious work and TRUE testing. THEN, and only then comes the time for balancing and mixed builds.

And by Gazz's words+ your own words, I think you guys already did that and deemed it almost gold which is, I think, a good thing from what I've seen in the videos.

For example, you roleplay as a pure strenght guy but realize that the worst of its flaws is worse than, say, Fortitude but he can compensate by dps; then ok. Strenghts and weaknesses is what this is all about.

So , I was talking about INT pure builds only concerning the balance, and I would never use a pure build. I'm a completionist min/maxed for Moe's sake.

If the INT build is the best at something because it has tremendous firepower and tactic potencial, which I think It's the case, then so be it, I think that's what balancing means. Still too much milk drinking in the Craftmanship perks.

I know right.... but did ya notice some things in the back ground in the video? ;)

Nah mate not enough time left in the video to look at the game. Still trying to figure out how someome can have so many icons on his or her taskbar..

I had to keep the control overlay active just to partially cover it. I counted 9 new decor items! Already started putting together some recipes for them to bridge the gap until we get collectible decorations. My base is going to start looking better than my house.

Archived