Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Wow, that's cool. Even easier than I thought it would be. I imagine it probably isn't the best weapon, but it should be better than bow, right? I guess it's a perfect alternative / backup weapon for those times when the horde night catches us unprepared - without real guns or low amount of ammo for real guns.

Better is a subjective term.

Better than a Q6 compound bow, loaded with mods and explosive ammo? Doubt it. Better for the guy who doesn't have good aiming skills? Absolutely. Better in close quarters? Absolutely. Better at bow at night doing stealth kills? Nope.

Like everything, its better in some situations worse in others. Some fatheads are going to say that heavy armor and m60 are the best. Yeah if you can't dodge and can't hit heads, its the best. But give me AP ammo in a mr10 modded and some range? You wont' see me coming and the guy behind you got rekt too, with one bullet.

A pure build isn't even a goal for us at all. Be great at the things you really like the most, moderate at others, and horrible where you just don't care.

I agree... and this is weird and getting more and more awkward. Let me break it down into a one-liner.

Pure builds shouldn't be a thing right now.

Honestly, I don't think a pure Int build - where you only use Int-based weapons - is viable.

This would block you from using fists (brawling perk, not under Int), a wooden club, bow, stone axe, any shovel, pick, or axe, etc...

Who would want to play like that?

Honestly, I don't think a pure Int build - where you only use Int-based weapons - is viable.

This would block you from using fists (brawling perk, not under Int), a wooden club, bow, stone axe, any shovel, pick, or axe, etc...

I imagine a fake pacifist run: You evade zombies by running in circles, use the plush coated stun baton as a last resort, and let the turrets do the dirty work. :cocksure:

@Madmole

Have you ever considered hosting an event every once in a blue moon on a server. Maybe like a special built area where members of The Fun Pimps will fight and socialize with the players for a couple hours.

I could see that as being fun. Players get to socialize with TFP, talk on the mic, have battles 1vs1 2vs2 in an arena. Whoever hosts the event is admin and can spawn in the armor and weapons for players that want to do battle in the arena.

EDIT: on second thought I just thought about the major restrictions of having so many players in one area at once. nevermind lol

You'd be surprised. I remember a pacifist no killing no armor build guy in Skyrim. Int only sounds like a rational enough choice IMO.

It would be hard, for sure. This game isn't space-aged sci-fi, so crazy gadgets that replace all physical activities with super genius level Macgyvery can't happen. It isn't steampunk enough for it either.

You've already had to create a couple things just to give INT some relevance... and those things are already barely within the bounds of the game's take on reality (junk turrets and stun batons).

Agree. I will probably get deep into INT, but have always been a Bow main, so I will have to blend my build, and I am looking forward to it, no complaints here, this new system seems pretty sweet overall imho.

I agree... and this is weird and getting more and more awkward. Let me break it down into a one-liner.

Pure builds shouldn't be a thing right now.

Nope and it never will be. The entire build and all its abilities are considered. INT doesn't need as much DPS because he has 2 buddies watching his back.

Nope and it never will be. The entire build and all its abilities are considered. INT doesn't need as much DPS because he has 2 buddies watching his back.

Next all you need to do is give it some tires with in-wheel motors and a few sensors... boom, robot. That's what I'd like to see, have them little buddies follow us around, chase after screamers even, ha.... please, one day.

You still have to find a baton/turret and probably harvest material for ammo.

This is just a silly argument, constructed by taking comments waaaay to literal.

You can be Fortitude and still use a bow. Find a good one, mod it out, and you can do some damage. No problem.

You may do way less damage than the dedicated archer but hey - an arrow to the head is an arrow to the head.

When I told wolfbain5 that Int is not for him I did not say that it can not be enjoyable for anyone.

That the turret perk is scaled the way it is is no mistake.

@madmole, will there ever be incentives to go out at night time and risk your life in the dark? I think a simple XP doubler would do the trick, or maybe special infected that only come out at night, or maybe night time reveals an occasional treasure that's practically invisible during the day (glow in the dark stuff)

You still have to find a baton/turret and probably harvest material for ammo.

This is just a silly argument, constructed by taking comments waaaay to literal.

You can be Fortitude and still use a bow. Find a good one, mod it out, and you can do some damage. No problem.

You may do way less damage than the dedicated archer but hey - an arrow to the head is an arrow to the head.

When I told wolfbain5 that Int is not for him I did not say that it can not be enjoyable for anyone.

That the turret perk is scaled the way it is is no mistake.

oh it is for me, midgame. I like combo builds. said it many times.

has anyone made a vid on the stun baton? if so, anyone have the link? very curious on it and its capabilities. he showed us junk turret some time ago.

If you think about intelligence, it shouldn't be seen as a standalone category. It should be seen as an essential factor that can enhance our skills in all areas that rely on general knowledge, imagination, common sense, instincts, resourcefulness and all that stuff we can't really grab with our hands, but still helps us to survive every day when used properly.

As for the one-category builds, in real life we can't be Jacks of all trades, but we aren't limited to just couple of skills / recipes from one area either and based on the presumption above, intelligence in 7 days to die should be an essential part of every build, no matter what kind of character build you want to play with - TL;DR: You may be stronger than a zombie, but if you're dumber than him, he will get you... :p

Even my beast alpha fortitude guy sipped on some milk when he couldn't find some schematics. Nobody was looking though :)

Lol, no matter how strong, intelligent or successful you are, there is where we are all the same... When drinking milk...And when we're on the toilet.

- - - Updated - - -

Cows confirmed? Or was that another game?

By drinking milk he means spending points in INT skilltree

Right, no pure build is viable nor intended to be.

Archived