Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I got A few Ideas For Oil.

Maybe you need Them to Maintain your Vehicle like checking the oil or it would slowly break down?

Able to make Incendiary or Frag ammo?

Able to make Gas with Spare Oil?

Or you can use it as a crafting item for Guns?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh MM What happen To Grain Alcohol, why are we not able to drink it anymore I was always curious about that?

There is enough alcoholic drinks in the game finding a unique purpose for it felt redundant so its now a resource.

I think that trying to balance everything so that each pure build is capable of the same level of survival but in unique ways isn’t something that they should put a lot of focus on right now. These builds are using a lot of new features that should get some good use and testing first. There are also a few major new features that will be coming soon in the next couple alphas that could completely skew all that work... leaving the devs with the same work to do all over again. These things need to be in place and working to even really begin thinking about changes and additions that might make pure builds a reasonable possibility.

Not true, 18 is nearly gold as far as every major system is concerned, and is balanced very close to what I think will be gold. A few more mods, books and bandits won't interfere with the new attribute based character build system being shippable.

So to chime in on some things that have been happening the last few pages:

The 'viability':

What I am going to say was mentioned, but I would like to flesh it out. In the old days of D&D you had a Mage and a Fighter. The Fighter got d12 hp and more strength, fortitude, etc. They could do and take more damage EARLY ON. The mage had d4 hp and had to be very creative early on to stay alive and contribute. The D&D mage and INT build in 7d2d are very similar, in that early on you will have to be more careful, resourceful and creative than a Strength or Fortitude build. BUT, like the mage in D&D as you gain levels and perks you will be able to obliterate the damage of the Strength build with your turrets and a gun in your hands. Or 2 turrets and a stun baton, etc.

'There are plenty of points to go around'

We are getting 1 point per level with no max level. There is NO reason to assume you have to do a PURE build of anything. Being a one trick pony is not a good idea IMHO. Spread some points out and don't try to be killing the hardest thing in the game by day 10 (hyperbole)

Keep up the great work pimps! Very excited about A18!

Na its more like Skyrim. You can be a mage or battlemage (they wear heavy armor). The INT build heals 2x as much from meds perked into it, so who needs armor when a regular bandage is almost like the giant health kit? You can get heavy armor, but I went with light so I had good mobility to grab a turret and run around with it.

You know you're going to have a riot on your hands when A18 drops and the masses find out about this right? Players love there elevator bug. =P :)

giphy.gif

Mussstn't call it a bug. It was a feature. Yes:smile-new: , a feature yes. But who knows, perhaps they invented something to fill it's role, like a trampoline , or another line that starts with a Z.

Don't mind turret haters! When you guys introduced junk turret, I was very excited and even more when you said it could be used manually as a regular weapon too! It makes it a very unique weapon which is super cool, because it pushes 7 Days to Die to Fallout-like universe even more with all its unique surprises and features. I loved unique weapons in Fallout, so I was very excited about junk turret in your game!

Quick question: Would it be possible to fill junk turret with some ammo that would be easy to craft in large amounts? Maybe we could use darts (you know those from dart traps) or something like that?

You craft it from scrap iron, so scrap darts to iron, craft into junk turret ammo, done.

Why don't we all try the INT build ourselves and then we talk about it?

Yup, people are bored and want to play A18, we all know it, so we should indulge every comment until A18 drops. :)

That said, an INT build offers a different way to play and many don't understand it. I don't think I will play INT my first time but I'm almost positive it will be my second build. I might watch some streamer play to learn more first.

You craft it from scrap iron, so scrap darts to iron, craft into junk turret ammo, done.

Wow, that's cool. Even easier than I thought it would be. I imagine it probably isn't the best weapon, but it should be better than bow, right? I guess it's a perfect alternative / backup weapon for those times when the horde night catches us unprepared - without real guns or low amount of ammo for real guns.

Not true, 18 is nearly gold as far as every major system is concerned, and is balanced very close to what I think will be gold. A few more mods, books and bandits won't interfere with the new attribute based character build system being shippable.

I know. I am talking about trying to accommodate pure builds. True.

I think that trying to balance everything so that each PURE BUILD is capable of the same level of survival but in unique ways isn’t something that they should put a lot of focus on right now....

Yup, people are bored and want to play A18, we all know it, so we should indulge every comment until A18 drops. :)

That said, an INT build offers a different way to play and many don't understand it. I don't think I will play INT my first time but I'm almost positive it will be my second build. I might watch some streamer play to learn more first.

I always try to max out INT first even now. Of course I pick other skills along the way, but most of my skill points always go primarily to INT. I like to feel smart. :p

I'll play Agility as my main, and INT as my secondary. I'm lactose intolerant so watch your words carefully, you mean bow-dropping gyrocopter-killing big guy.

Even my beast alpha fortitude guy sipped on some milk when he couldn't find some schematics. Nobody was looking though :)

Archived