Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

You got some juicy new info for us to talk about instead? New vid? New feature? =)

New features:

- "Drop item" key remapped to left click by default

- Crops such as potatoes, corn, etc are now crafted at the forge, which will be less confusing for new players.

- Roads removed, later to return as a post-gold feature

- Shooting the "sweet spot" on Demolisher now detonates *every other* zombie all at once. Damage increased to 10000.

- Trader Jen voice replaced with moans from female zombie files to alleviate "deep voice" concerns.

There! Discuss.

New features:

- "Drop item" key remapped to left click by default

- Crops such as potatoes, corn, etc are now crafted at the forge, which will be less confusing for new players.

- Roads removed, later to return as a post-gold feature

- Shooting the "sweet spot" on Demolisher now detonates *every other* zombie all at once. Damage increased to 10000.

- Trader Jen voice replaced with moans from female zombie files to alleviate "deep voice" concerns.

There! Discuss.

there goes the damn surprises :)

I would ask if it looks like all mf will get fixed so A18 can drop but you and I know tons of bugs can pop up in 1 day delaying everything so I won't ask lol.

Instead I'll ask, if you are able to say, how is it going for you and the Q&A testers overall tackling the remaining MF bugs?

i'm not insinuating anything and thanks for the support, but.... it's not all about the QA team and how we are doing... What is important is... The Entire Team is hyped up and everybody is reporting bugs while they are testing (yes i said everybody). we all want the game to shine and dazzle as many as possible and we feel it will.

will the public find bugs... only a fool would say no. :) but our goal was getting what we all didnt want the public to have to deal with... those are or were the game breakers... so when a18 experimental drops... its all hands on deck and thousands of eyes helping to find the game breakers. (hopefully). :)

@madmole, is there anything that had to cut out of A18 or pushed back that you were really disappointed about? I have a feeling it's the Behemoth

The first page of the thread says "No Behemoth or Ziplines in A18."

I also wouldn't know that the Behemoth was ever planned as a feature for A18.

The first page of the thread says "No Behemoth or Ziplines in A18."

I also wouldn't know that the Behemoth was ever planned as a feature for A18.

dont worry, when the demolition guy finds them... they will wished he was dropped too... we will hear "there goes all of my chests" :) oooops

dont worry, when the demolition guy finds them... they will wished he was dropped too... we will hear "there goes all of my chests" :) oooops

Between the demolisher and the change that zombies don't GPS to you if you die during the blood moon, I think it just guarantees that most players will have a horde base that is separate from their home base. Fighting a horde from the same location as all of your loot is an unnecessary risk, especially if one stray demolisher could nuke everything.

Between the demolisher and the change that zombies don't GPS to you if you die during the blood moon, I think it just guarantees that most players will have a horde base that is separate from their home base. Fighting a horde from the same location as all of your loot is an unnecessary risk, especially if one stray demolisher could nuke everything.

live and learn.... urh, rather.. "die and learn" :)

live and learn.... urh, rather.. "die and learn" :)

I already learned the lesson in A15 when a Feral Wight was suddenly in my workshop below the horde part of the base and destroyed my chemistry station. He must have fallen through the ground somewhere. I've been separating bases ever since.

You got some juicy new info for us to talk about instead? New vid? New feature? =)

I was thinking of doing a 7 day check in, kinda after horde night or so. Early game hordes are meh, but you guys seeing my base progression, gear and character level after x hours might be interesting for a change.

I hoping that A18 will be ready by Sept 20, but I also want as much time as possible to finish my A18 horde base project. :p Time to work overtime then. (Note: It's about 1% complete. The window sizes will change drastically and they will be redistributed. Once the first and second stories are done, I'll be working on the massive bunker labyrinth down below. :p)

9XFNmpG.png

Hope TFP is aware of amazing new performance features in Unity since 2019 before abolishing any digging from the game for perf. reasons.

Think outside the box and dont screw your still amazing game please. Thanks.

Remember that video from 2018, take a look again, yaw-dropping for me.

Archived