Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I know that feel. 6 days before christmas for me.

I just still wish modders could at least get early access to the XML so we can start looking at how things work to port our projects over. People asking for release dates isn't just something TFP have to deal with. ;)

I' d help ya out man. But tied to NDA. Sorry.

Cheers

More modern ones I like are SOAD, Shinedown, Godsmack, 5 finger death punch, Seether.

Nice! Mix in a bit of Sevendust, M♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and Disturbed and this is basically a good chunk of my playlist at work while rockin' through programming throughout the day.

:rockon:

The leveled part is tied to your gamestage, not level (I think, could be mistaken). Picked difficulty also affects how fast your gamestage goes up. A17 also has level gates so a new player can't just pump all their points into LL. So it's not as pronounced now as it was in previous Alphas.

The levelgates in A17 only exist in the intellect branch. But Lucky Looter is in the Perception branch. So it doesn't differ from A18.

If I only put points in Lucky Looter I can get it to maximum with level 12.

A18 has no level gates and you can only craft up to blue I think. LL is gonna be highly attractive. Like previous Alphas, but MM said he's gonna keep an eye on it.

The loot you find is vastly superior with maxed LL. My test I was swimming in pink and blue in 4 days of heavy looting. Hell even with the googles as a fresh spawn you can see a big difference.

I guess we just have different experiences with it.

That's the way it is. While you seem to have a lot of luck, I have only a little luck. That's why I'm not a fan of it when a game doesn't give you the opportunity to compensate missing luck with effort.

Yeah Justin wasn't for real until that happened. I still think Khabib will roll him up like a pretzel and make him look stupid. Cowboy is nasty against the right guy who gives him time to get warmed up, but he's always a slow starter and you can't be a slow starter against the hard hitters. Once he gets lit up he usually never comes back. We've got to get through Khabib and Ferguson, and who knows what kind of BS McGregor will pull. He might rematch Porier and get a title fight, or just sit back and if Ferg somehow beats Khabib (not likely IMO) then McGregor gets a title fight with Ferg, and Justin stuck waiting. UFC title shot politics are horrible when there are cash cows clogging things up.

Hmmmm, I never really followed Justi and I mised weight announcements on that fight. I assumed it was 170...i thought Cerrone moved up, maybe he went back down.

I' d help ya out man. But tied to NDA. Sorry.

Cheers

And, honestly, that's what kinda annoys me.

Seems like random people are getting keys (even if not testers), streamers get it earlier, etc.

Folks who mod and actually keep the game alive? Ignored... or at least that's what it feels like.

Seems like random people are getting keys (even if not testers), streamers get it earlier, etc.

Folks who mod and actually keep the game alive? Ignored... or at least that's what it feels like.

Thanks for biting man ;) To ease your pain. Of course i dont have it. Was just extending the "thanks for giving it for my birthday"-jokes, which are actually believed also ;)

Cheers

-edit- im in the same boat as you, i'd LOVE to get the assemblies a bit upfront to get ahead of the sh*tload of work needed to get my apimod compatible again. Totally understand though why thats a nono. Happy thoughts

Here we go again. Somethin for the millenials to whine about :)

By the way, thanks for the key MM!

Do I owe you anymore nudes?

I'm moderately certain anyone who claimed they got keys are jerkin people's chains for lawls.

For the whole streamer weekend thing, I'm OK it (even though my wife's and my channel is much to small to qualify for the event this time around), it builds up hype which is good for the company, which in turn is good for the rest of the gamers.

If it's any consolation, I think the developers of major mods (yours included, of course) should get early access along with the streamers. I imagine there would be a lot of work on updating for the next alpha so it's ready to play when folks are done checking out the new features in vanilla. Content creators do a lot for exposure, mod developers do a lot for maintaining the game's vitality and longevity.

edit: I played the heck out of vanilla (easily 90-95% of my 2500 hours of gameplay), but I did enjoy Darkness Falls, Ravenhearst (which has a bunch of our prefab builds in it), and War of the Walkers. They add tons of variety for people to enjoy, and some people would have walked away from 7 days a long time ago if it wasn't for you folks. Your work is much appreciated.

The offer to give keys was aimed at me and I turned it down... because I'm amazing.*

*Amazingly stupid, to clarify things. :)

I'm moderately certain anyone who claimed they got keys are jerkin people's chains for lawls.

For the whole streamer weekend thing, I'm OK it (even though my wife's and my channel is much to small to qualify for the event this time around), it builds up hype which is good for the company, which in turn is good for the rest of the gamers.

If it's any consolation, I think the developers of major mods (yours included, of course) should get early access along with the streamers. I imagine there would be a lot of work on updating for the next alpha so it's ready to play when folks are done checking out the new features in vanilla. Content creators do a lot for exposure, mod developers do a lot for maintaining the game's vitality and longevity.

Honestly, I'd be happy with just the XML so I can at least compare differences, see what now works (as mentioned, onGameDayStart is listed as non-working in A17 but seems to be working in A18), what doesn't and start rolling those changes into my own XML.

I'd rather folks like HAL, Sphereii and Xyth get early access to the full thing since their tools, patches and tutorials are often critical to modding as a whole.

But in all seriousness, as soon as the streamer event was ANNOUNCED, I started getting the "How long will it take for the mod to work on A18?" questions. It gets really tiring to keep saying "I don't know. I don't know what's changed. I don't know how much work I'll need to do because I get it the exact same time the rest of you do."

Thanks for biting man ;) To ease your pain. Of course i dont have it. Was just extending the "thanks for giving it for my birthday"-jokes, which are actually believed also ;)

If only that was the case! I turned 40 on Thursday, a key certainly would ease the passing of my 30's, if only a little. *wink* *nudge*.

Joking aside, here's hoping they made their estimate of the 20th and we don't have to wait another couple weeks :D We're holding off on starting another 7D2D series on our channel until A18 drops.

In the grand scheme of things we added 500 awesome things to A18. If we messed up two (turned down zombie spawns and farming) then I'd say even the guy I banned will be super happy.

Madmole, I know this isn't in 18 and not expecting it, but is there a plan for if/when you will be fixing the directional sound. Right now zombies can be two floors away and outside, but sound like they spawned right behind you.

It's probably my biggest QOL request because I definitely rely on sound to help me determine if I need to stop looting and move.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29103[/ATTACH]

Is this getting old yet :).. just watching this video

and find that comment.

I swear, that even with all the improvements since then, if the game was only exactly what was in that video I would be in heaven. I wish some of those features hadn't been dropped.

...For clarification, we play cooperatively only, and vanilla only, at least until the game goes gold and steam workshop becomes available so modding becomes much easier for everyone....

There is a Launcher app, as a player you can mod easily with it, and though it is not official, it is regarded as official by most old time player and use it almost daily.

IF you mean to mod as modder, even then it is done by lot of people easily, [as they are good programmer/artists]. So even game is not gold, it is GOLD in those respect.

I swear, that even with all the improvements since then, if the game was only exactly what was in that video I would be in heaven. I wish some of those features hadn't been dropped.

I start playing this game 2 yrs ago, with Alpha 16 just been released. Frankly I was frustrated when A17 came so late, and I was frustated because it was late, but I never find 16, 17 boring for me. Every game at end of day is not real, can just simulation. One can find a pattern and exploit it, dislike it, or like it. Some restrict to their "ethical feeling" some don't.

So, I learn never compare it with promise until you pay for it as Kickstarter financers. If you just buy it like me. I think I already play 2 different game and now will play third edition soon :). so not a bad deal for me. I don't care of their promise or achievement in kickstarter or to general public. I care if I enjoy it or not. If I do I am heaven today. If I don't I will still be in heaven :) by playing some other game.

I love your mods, and know you are real good modder, but the idea of early key is for promotion, not for testing. Been a modder or old player we are at time bound to our experience with game and cannot see things as new eye will do. I think if they do not send to respectable modder like you, then it is no disrespect. I would not take feedback of game from those who are already using [for that I have in house team anyways]. I will take fresh people to see what they can find like or dislike so I can plan market strategies.

I must say Madmole is clever and knows how to market it. So, don't get heart broken. You already are winner for us.

Suddenly it's everyone's birthday seeing as that trick worked for you to get your key. Lol

Having a birthday so close to Christmas sucks so I always wanted to change my birthday, so tomorrow sounds fine to me as well.

Lol, I didn't get my key, but I hope TFP release the kraken soon! I can't wait to play

Archived