Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

There is an xml command that you can add that bypasses the animation, you can see it on the new books in the book videos. Its there for a reason, if you can spam eat a bunch of things or spam heal with a bandage It kind of removes too much pressure from the player. Waiting to bandage is good for game play because you can't fight back while you are bandaging and it adds tension.

I can understand the bandage animation, but can't you reduce it specifically on the food/water items?

try 80% dead, all dead and where would we get the material to make some of the seeds?

I'm sure I'm late to the conversation (been away from the forums) but...

Pre A17 harvesting dead corn crops could produce corn seeds. Maybe put something like that back in? Not that you automatically get seeds, but maybe there's a 1% chance of harvesting seeds from dead crops.

Or, maybe that could be a perk you have to buy into - at level one there's a 1% chance of seed harvesting, level 2 has a 5% chance, etc. (Obviously I'm just throwing numbers out there, you'd have to find a good balance.)

- - - Updated - - -

I have been saying the same thing about the dogs for a long time. They need to make some damn noise before they aggro you. Also, coyotes tend to run away from people not attack them.

(again, catching up, sorry)

I guess the idea is that they're starving so will attack anything they can eat. But it would be cool to introduce AI that's similar to how packs actually hunt.

So, the chance of attacking the player would increase by pack size - a single coyote won't attack you, but the chance goes up the more there are. It would also be cool if they decide to attack more if you're injured, similar to how vultures act now.

I just re-read Call of the Wild, and the first chapter of that book will give you a sense of what I mean.

So Madmole after being on both sides of the development process.

This is strictly using Unity experience, and 7 days to die.

If you wrote a book, tutorial for Ultimate game development, Topics

Future demographics vs legacy for longevity, Theoretical vs Applied,

Micro vs macro management and distribution. Which would you advise a

game developer as being more fruitful from your experience?

@Madmole

I was curious if you have seen the video "7 Days to Die is Back! But When's the Premiere?" on Neebs Gaming youtube channel and there comments on A17 and some of there requests they pitched to TFP regarding changes?

They start talking about the changes and stuff at 6:00 minutes in.

Appsro quote "Fun Pimps come on what are we on now alpha.....put loot drop back in the zombies.....etc..."

Appsro quote "If we can reach out to The Fun Pimps, like, come on bring zombie lootin' back. Thats all we want" <-funny as hell they way they asked this.

11:20

Their first episode is out now too... I'm just waiting until they run into the level gates, and experience the new AI on horde nights, etc, other big A17 changes. I really wish they'd held out for A18, they are so late to the party on A17 as it is, but I imagine they'll flip over at some point, hopefully. Is weird they started the series now.

I must confess that I got used to having no loot in Z's anymore, however there was one A17 mod that seriously increased the bag drop ratio, and that was actually a very very nice change, kind of evened it out. Certainly eased the pain of that loss. I def think the higher tier Z should drop more often if nothing else. But it's just an opinion, again I have gotten used to it.

Their first episode is out now too... I'm just waiting until they run into the level gates, and experience the new AI on horde nights, etc, other big A17 changes. I really wish they'd held out for A18, they are so late to the party on A17 as it is, but I imagine they'll flip over at some point, hopefully. Is weird they started the series now.

I must confess that I got used to having no loot in Z's anymore, however there was one A17 mod that seriously increased the bag drop ratio, and that was actually a very very nice change, kind of evened it out. Certainly eased the pain of that loss. I def think the higher tier Z should drop more often if nothing else. But it's just an opinion, again I have gotten used to it.

Yeah I've seen it. I watch every one of there videos. They sorta know what to expect but yeah, I'm looking forward to them experiencing all the changes.

I've never cared for the loot drop so the change in A17 did not affect me at all but every single friend of mine hated it and i get the feeling most players did as well. not sure if everyone has gottin' used to it and do not care anyomore.

My 2 cents: with the addiction of the random stats loot (borderlands style) it would be also cool to have a new window that pop up when you look at a weapon? I mean atm if you drop a weapon on the ground you can't see his stats until is in your inventory, it so annoying. Every Rpg game has this thing and it could be useful IMHO. On the other side i'm really looking forward to play a18.

I agree. It would be nice being able to compare two items. This could be done by selecting an item in your inventory and holding down Alt to reveal another window that shows the stats of the item you are using/wearing. Example: I have leather gloves equipped and another pair in my inventory. I select the ones in my inventory, hold Alt, window appears displaying stats of my equipped gloves, enabling me to quickly see the differences. This could be extended from not only items you have equipped, but even the items on your tool belt.

EF91FC56-639E-458D-99CA-34FF32862051.jpg.635a89137a59f3094e4c2e00b45dee7b.jpg

Image is from Path of Exile (I reference this game a lot because it’s my favourite game lol)

Loc

So Madmole after being on both sides of the development process.

This is strictly using Unity experience, and 7 days to die.

If you wrote a book, tutorial for Ultimate game development, Topics

Future demographics vs legacy for longevity, Theoretical vs Applied,

Micro vs macro management and distribution. Which would you advise a

game developer as being more fruitful from your experience?

The best thing you can do is keep designs simple and try to carve your own space in the market, but it depends on your strengths. You have use your strengths and avoid your weaknesses, at least until you get money to hire people to shore up your weaknesses. Its such a complex industry, but as with any business, surround yourself with brilliant hard working passionate people and the ride is a lot easier.

MadMole, how about that Cerrone stoppage, lol.. wow

Yeah Justin wasn't for real until that happened. I still think Khabib will roll him up like a pretzel and make him look stupid. Cowboy is nasty against the right guy who gives him time to get warmed up, but he's always a slow starter and you can't be a slow starter against the hard hitters. Once he gets lit up he usually never comes back. We've got to get through Khabib and Ferguson, and who knows what kind of BS McGregor will pull. He might rematch Porier and get a title fight, or just sit back and if Ferg somehow beats Khabib (not likely IMO) then McGregor gets a title fight with Ferg, and Justin stuck waiting. UFC title shot politics are horrible when there are cash cows clogging things up.

level 6 AK at day 7....luck or cheating?

If luck I'm glad to see we can find high level weapons early on :)

Initially my mind rebelled against it, but if (Games Stage/Loot Quality) is modified by POI tier and Biome difficulty then I'm all for it.

I know what some are thinking, but the logic is that fewer looters would go to the scarier places and so the chances for untouched, pre-zombie era stuff would be higher.

I believe the answer is when they get to Zero.

Well, I know that one of the bugs is that with one piece of clothing a few bits of geometry are not showing.

That one is probably not a showstopper.

It depends on what the bugs are...

What's the most notable bug at the moment?

Only QA knows. I'm not going through all of them. =P

Well, I know that one of the bugs is that with one piece of clothing a few bits of geometry are not showing.

That one is probably not a showstopper.

It depends on what the bugs are...

Only QA knows. I'm not going through all of them. =P

Bug #1: Stripper zombies don't give you herpes. Must fix.

(/jk)

Archived