Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Well, thank you very much for that nice video. You gave a thorough pass at it and seemed to try everything to calm the masses. It would be nice to have clay back to that recipe, but I understand why you guys wouldn't want to make it too complex, I mean, it already has nitrate and rotting flesh.

I would like to know what the Mole has to say about the clay though.

Added 100 clay to the recipe.

nah, sounds realistic, birds make nests out of anything, and not all nest give a cloth, just the potential for a piece.

edit: this is from 17.4, no clue if random for 18

Yeah shredded pieces, not a nice piece big enough to cut up into bandages you would want to put on an open wound :)

The fact that you think you represent the entire player base shows how arrogant and out of touch you are.

I have farmed in every alpha I have played in (started in A6) and I personally am looking forward to trying the new system because I though the previous one was a wonky pain in the ass.

Yeah I was in shock to see anyone get defensive of the old "wonky" way, let alone die on the hill about it. FFS its farming not weapon crafting, it doesn't need to be rocket science and gated behind 2 perks just to get started.

Yeah shredded pieces, not a nice piece big enough to cut up into bandages you would want to put on an open wound :)

beggars cant be choosers? I mean you are bleeding out. but you are right, bandages would be premade anyways. but what about the cloth from plant fiber. was that you dreaming, or you serious? Because plant fiber doesnt have much use either for the most part.

edit: you answered after I posted

beggars cant be choosers? I mean you are bleeding out. but you are right, bandages would be premade anyways. but what about the cloth from plant fiber. was that you dreaming, or you serious?

That would be interesting. Such bandages would be extremely primitive though, I would think; they wouldn't restore any max health even, just stop you from bleeding. But I'm speaking entirely hypothetically here.

lol, make it unwearable. because it had better temp resistances than the plant fiber shirt.

didnt you mention something about making cloth from plant fiber?

That is a rare book perk.

I'm just spit balling anyway, no need for any of that really, nobody wants a longer tutorial we just shortened it :)

That would be interesting. Such bandages would be extremely primitive though, I would think; they wouldn't restore any max health even, just stop you from bleeding. But I'm speaking entirely hypothetically here.

the not restore max health would be mod territory, not the vanilla new player friendly.

Or you could add forest ground into the recipe instead of clay soil? Yeah, it sounds like a bit more fluff (and it is), but it could teach new players that, hey, you can craft your own forest ground to patch up unwanted holes. Just a thought.

A double step IMO is too complex for this, its already a 4 ingredient recipe and borderline overkill.

MM. go play, I would really like to see a vid from whomever is testing the int build. you said the junk turret can be used as a gun. would love to see it use shards of glass as ammo. imagine the bleed effect. and give use to all the Mofo broken glass

I'm on it ;)

I sort of have a moral code not to play mods. I'm not saying the modders are selfish, but can't they just appreciate the base game for what it is? Just saying. *Shrugs*

nope, it is a game framework designed with modding in mind. if it was meant to be purely vanilla, they wouldnt have it so easily moddable. that is intentional. I mean they even give us the xml's to play with and such with some breakdown as to how things work. why insult the devs by not playing the game to it's full potential?

nope, it is a game framework designed with modding in mind. if it was meant to be purely vanilla, they wouldnt have it so easily moddable. that is intentional, why insult the devs by not playing the game to it's full potential?

No insults were intended. I just feel the game's full potential comes from the vanilla game itself and any mods are just in the "other" category. Just my opinion. In other words, mods (imo) cannot be compared to vanilla, and vice versa.

Ding ding ding!

Conventional = Default

Ralston = an Adventurer.

It is very good as statistically only .00001% of players will overcome their ego to turn the difficulty down below default when necessary. ;)

That's it? Lowering the difficulty? What is so different about it than before? The way you were talking, it sounded like there was something unique to Alpha-16. That something in Alpha-16 was now being used.

Wow, just wow. The vocal minority is at is again over farming and food. Yes food is an aspect of the game but it isn't the be all end all. I'm looking forward to the new farm boxes. The old ways worked but as Madmole said were clunky and hard to explain. Hell I was in a game with veterans and was trying to get my farm going and had issues with it. just because something is simple doesn't make it bad.

Why don't you just cool your jets and try out A18 and see how things go before you get all high and mighty with your opinions. I love how the same 10-20 people speak for what "everyone" wants from the game. Be honest it's what you want and nothing else. If you hate all the changes that much why didn't you just stay with one of the older alphas?

Yeah lots of knee jerking for sure. Altho I am not surprised. Imagine a group of starving people sitting around listening to madmole talk about food all day and that it would be delivered soon and then at the 11th hour right before the food is deliver, madmole tells the people their favorite dish will be replaced with something better but different....😅

MM, change management 101. 😎

Just a small request here... Currently when you want to repair bullet proof glass, you have to use bullet proof glass to repair it. (So you could use multiple blood proof glass panes to repair one bullet proof panes.) Perhaps instead of the actual block being the item to repair them, perhaps simply broken glass (an exorbitant amount of it, of course) could be used to repair bullet proof glass instead?

Archived