Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

For me this Game needs 2 main Gamemodes.

The first one : more arcade : shotter /perks /tower defense /craft awesome gear / bosses

Focus in building and power Up the character. You are the King of the world

The second:more survival : less hud info / very scare food, bullets,and gas / perks points per Days survived / less crafting capabilities. /Best loot in worst places

Focus in exploration/nomad life and resourse management.the world is a nasty place.

Maybe down the road.

Don't the options we have get us mostly there now? If not I can see this being a fairly easy mod I would even make myself.

I think the problem with farming is that’s it’s absolutely not worth putting skill points into. If I can play a “no crafting challenge” and not die, then what’s the point of farming at all? So much emphasis on mining, which is starring at the same texture for hours, is not fun. Planting crops outside and taking a break from all the blood and guts is really satisfying. Way more fun than mining imo.

All the talk of removing more zombies is making think the game is going to end up being some kind of window shopping game. In the middle of the night I’ll be able to walk down the center of town and think “hmm, which lootbox should I take on tonight?” with absolutely zero fear or sense of urgency. The sound of crickets will be even more evident now with nothing organically happening in the world.

If the issue is new players, why not implement a proper tutorial? You teach players and can keep the complexities.

I’m not trying to beat these topics to death, but I’m already losing people who used to play this game to ♥♥♥♥ty battle royal games and some of these ideas are coming out of left field. I can wait for 18s release to comment further, but I’m really worried now.

Loc

hey your hand is on the stick so reap the whirlwind murphy, reap it. anywho cheers. I think I've been a positive ambassador of this game. I got my $ worth so I guess I don't have any right to complain. To be described as in a group of "but hurt" or not "stable" is pretty shocking. just a heads up...dude

I don't think I called you butt hurt, just that banned guy? I don't know he pissed me off but why should I walk away from something I believe in? I still think its a bunch of massive knee jerking, noone in their right mind should have to do all those steps to grow one ear of corn, the effort was not worth the reward and usability was poor at best. Now usability is 10/10 or will be when we can press e to take and still get a harvest bonus.

Which is why its commented out. IN the future I want it to raise/lower terrain density and clear grass in a huge area.

Give it a radial menu option for degrees of density +1, +10, +25; -1, -10, -25 etc.

More items should have radial menu options imo, and I'd even go so far as to give modders the framework to add functions via the radial menu to blocks and entities in the world itself as well.

♥♥♥♥. Now I have to find a new vague and abstruse puzzle to guess wrong. Need something to fill the void.... uh, what's that MF count at again?

Here's something to cheer people up with: 24!!

Shawn fixed stealth dogs too, im genning a new world that has 8 new remants from yesterday so screw it I'll start over to see how day 1 feels with these changes.

Ohh, very interesting! So I'm assuming you craft one box at a time and as you place them together they merge together seamlessly? Or do you use the nitrate, rotten flesh, etc. to craft a box as big as you want? I'm assuming it's the former.

Yes look at the screenshot I posted or the videos of my farm.

Some who've been wanting food more scarce are getting their wish it sounds like. All existing fields of crops going away, nests and therefore eggs cut by 50% and then with a small tweak in the xml file to make animals scarcer and you're there. No meat pies until you farm, fewer bacon/eggs with the drop in nests and eggs. Canned food and plain old meat sounds like the diet of the future.

Give it a radial menu option for degrees of density +1, +10, +25; -1, -10, -25 etc.

More items should have radial menu options imo, and I'd even go so far as to give modders the framework to add functions via the radial menu to blocks and entities in the world itself as well.

This could be ok if the settings can be saved and applied kind of like the paint brush. It would be very tedious to open the radial on every block you want changed.

Maybe a video of the new farming, to cool some tits?

How far are you into your perception playthrough?

I'm starting over to get 8 new remnants and test stealth animals cheap kills from a brand new character. I wasted 3 hours on farming today, or trying to explain it.

Some who've been wanting food more scarce are getting their wish it sounds like. All existing fields of crops going away, nests and therefore eggs cut by 50% and then with a small tweak in the xml file to make animals scarcer and you're there. No meat pies until you farm, fewer bacon/eggs with the drop in nests and eggs. Canned food and plain old meat sounds like the diet of the future.

If this is true, then that makes more sense to me.

Loc

that is because your bleed debuff <if the same from a17.4> is on crack. every bleeder is a hit to the carotid. instead you should vary the amount of time they bleed, not every wound needs to be a gusher, thats as bad as your example of every room always having 10 zeds.

Its been nerfed, but without bandages it hurts bad. There is no cotton in the desert so you have to go into a poi or luck into a campsite to get cloth.

I think the problem with farming is that’s it’s absolutely not worth putting skill points into. If I can play a “no crafting challenge” and not die, then what’s the point of farming at all? So much emphasis on mining, which is starring at the same texture for hours, is not fun. Planting crops outside and taking a break from all the blood and guts is really satisfying. Way more fun than mining imo.

All the talk of removing more zombies is making think the game is going to end up being some kind of window shopping game. In the middle of the night I’ll be able to walk down the center of town and think “hmm, which lootbox should I take on tonight?” with absolutely zero fear or sense of urgency. The sound of crickets will be even more evident now with nothing organically happening in the world.

If the issue is new players, why not implement a proper tutorial? You teach players and can keep the complexities.

I’m not trying to beat these topics to death, but I’m already losing people who used to play this game to ♥♥♥♥ty battle royal games and some of these ideas are coming out of left field. I can wait for 18s release to comment further, but I’m really worried now.

Loc

We're planning random encounters which would make the game FEEL more populated with zeds than the current version does with no wasted spawning of zombies like now.

I haven't put any thought into it but just press and hold to raise or lower, or set to a value maybe with radial like you suggest.

Its been nerfed, but without bandages it hurts bad. There is no cotton in the desert so you have to go into a poi or luck into a campsite to get cloth.

I know it isn't possible for A18 but you really should think about adding making basic bandages to the beginning quest. That way you are making sure the new players have an immediate way to stop bleeding. Just a thought. Especially since player spawns will be forest-only and there's plenty of cotton.

We're planning random encounters which would make the game FEEL more populated with zeds than the current version does with no wasted spawning of zombies like now.

I’m going to take your word on it. I’m not ready to let this game go just yet.

Thanks for the response.

Loc

giphy.gif

Just for you

LOL - Busty Heart! I used to go to her strip club in PA all the time when I was 19-21. She would put those on your shoulders at the end of the night if you stayed for a picture. Fun memories.

Anyways, came to say Love the game and the updates; cant wait for A18, the videos look great!

I know it isn't possible for A18 but you really should think about adding making basic bandages to the beginning quest. That way you are making sure the new players have an immediate way to stop bleeding. Just a thought. Especially since player spawns will be forest-only and there's plenty of cotton.

Yeah we would need to add cotton to every biome then and add that step. Maybe spawn with a t-shirt you have to scrap for cloth instead.

Archived