Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I'm quite sure you've already answered this, but am I correct that there is still the Lucky Looter perk which will still affect the quality of the weapons (in general) that we find in the world, no matter what upgrade path we take, right?

Yes and the lucky goggles.

You can have your cake and eat it too. Make the best gear craftable, but with components you can only get by scavenging.

With that being said, I believe the best gear should be found. Crafted gear should only be there for when all the pre-apocalypse, top notch gear has been all scavenged out.

-A

Its much better having loot drop the best things in the game, the desire to go looting is extreme for the first time in a while, and imagine its peak and take that times 500. I'm 90 hours in and still have only 5/7 books on most of them, still need some schematics, etc. I finally got a pink m60. The game is dope finally, I'm super excited for 18, this is the game i've been trying to make for 6 years.

You know, if you want. You could make it so these super chest blow up if you try to force them or make them have a chance to blow up if you don't use the code.

Could made it so players know it will blow up if they try to force it with a sign or the look of the super chest.:)

- - - Updated - - -

Auto turrets could do the same thing, but yeah not a bad idea, a trap wired chest. THe chest survives obviously, but the guys who try to get in get rekt. The only issue is your chopping the boxes next to it and hit by accident? rare but imagine dying from that lol.

Yes my first play through was a strength build, is was very good. The pump shotty is t3 so expect the double barrel to not be as good, but shotguns have been buffed in general so the db is great.

Ah that's good to hear, shotguns feel pretty weak right now and I've always loved shotguns in general. The blunderbuss is T1 I'm assuming, so it will soon be phased out by proper shotguns, yes? If that's the case I'd like to suggest maybe giving the blunderbuss unique ammo options so it has more uses outside of just being an early shotgun. I mean, it's essentially a cannon, why not fill it with cool stuff! It could be a more niche situational option during mid or even late game.

Couple of suggestions:

Glass Ammo: Weak on initial damage but gives a severe bleed debuff. Useful for armored zombies.

Doorknob Ammo: Just shove a doorknob down the barrel for a huge slug! Long reload time and short range makes this bad for sustained fights but it'd be hilarious to nuke a moe with a doorknob. Perhaps some armor pen as well?

Gunpowder Ammo: What happens if you just replace the projectile with more gunpowder? A flame cannon!

You could make look like the trader of faction that your allied with saves you and you wake up at there base to one of the traders and can stay inside for the rest of the night if you want.

Traders won't be allied with anyone when we're done. The new spawning rules will be nice for noobs and veterans. There is no reason, as long as you respawn and mind your own business the horde won't come at you again.

I think that this system sounds great.

Is TFP open to the idea of rare crafting materials that add random effect similar to what could be found in looting? Might give players who are less fond of constant looting an option to be more home-body/base building types.

That just doesn't add up. If you have to go to a dangerous place to find the rare thing that lets you craft better, you might as well just find the nice ____ and be done with it.

I'm open to grandpa's crafting elixer that randomizes player crafting stats while your on it, so you might craft a dud or a nice one.

Well I think in your specific case, it was because you were corrected about 30 times and still remained stubborn on the issue, so they got fed up? I dunno, spitballing here.

But I'm not. Look back to what MM recently posted.

Roland acts as a mouthpiece for the devs and even he wasn't accurate, hence MM's posts.

The fault isn't on me. The fault is on the fact the information is sparsely laid out and not with any specific detail. Instead of having discussion people are being harsh and acting as if I'm stupid.

MM did make it very clear but that was literally (I think) only 3 pages ago.

I hope you can see my point though, that I was afraid those wishing to spec into INT to get vehicles which I assume will be top tier, will need inevitable investment into builds that they may not want, in order to get there.

That's all 😕

Just my opinion, but demolishers should only appear in late gamestage hordes, and should never show up in POI's. Not only could they create, let's say... "stability issues", but the demolishers are something special - something you shouldn't encounter outside of horde nights, as that could mess with their awesome aura. But again, this is just my opinion.

That is our take on it too.

@madmole I've been very curious on the Perception tree ever since its reveal for A18. Although I've never legitimately used rifles/rocket launchers (not my style; besides, rocket launchers were always sort of a "gimmicky weapon" imo, due to their rarity and huge ammo cost), and although I'm eyeing the Fortitude tree intently, I'm curious on how the Perception tree performs. I'm wondering if you could provide some insight on the matter. Forgetting javelins for a second, how does one invade a POI using a marksman rifle? Or is this task saved exclusively for the hunting rifle, or even just the javelin? What about horde night? Will the marksman rifle provide enough firepower to stop a later gamestage horde. What of the rocket launcher? Is it a viable weapon for later gamestage hordes? Are rocket launchers/rockets as rare as ever?

Archived