Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I just wanted to know if they had any benchmark data comparing a17 to a18. It wouldn't matter that the FPS is higher or lower in different areas. As long as the benchmark was conducted in the same area/s with the same settings it would give comparable results.

I see, yeah the way you first worded it was really confusing. I knew I was not understanding it correctly. I'm happy to hear you were provided what you were looking for. :) My brother will be happy to hear about the improvements as well as he could not play a17 due to the poor performance.

it is not going to be exact because of under the hood changes (will not explain) settings are still same and same seed in both builds are still a little different as far as foilage/deco.

1900x1080 full screen med settings set on a18 so took same medium to a17.4b8. i do not need high settings in a18 now to make things look good. ryzen 7 2700x @4GHz 64G 3200MHz vengeance rtx 2080

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28952[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28953[/ATTACH]

The compare is not good here, as those trees are missing..lol. And having tree can effect FPS by very little margin, but still there is good increase in FPS ..

That explains why my FPS jumps from being 80 in the forest and well over 130 in the desert. :p

Yeah part of the reason I love the desert is the high FPS.

Right before I put down the game, I was running my own server for the first time A17.3. I customized the XML file that governs how random worlds are generated. I took out a few trees lowered grass in all bioms, and pretty much stripped all vegetation from the desert and made it so that 85% of the map was desert. It helped those who could not play A17 due to poor FPS. I felt bad, as my brother was one of the victims as well, so I actually paid money for a server just so the victims could at least play A17. I hated the way RWG was, I spent like a full week teaching myself how to tweak RWG. It was really fun taking control of it all.

EDIT: I closed the server soon as A17.4 dropped as it had a lot of fixes that helped those with potato rigs.

Right before I put down the game, I was running my own server for the first time A17.3. I customized the XML file that governs how random worlds are generated. I took out a few trees lowered grass in all bioms, and pretty much stripped all vegetation from the desert and made it so that 85% of the map was desert. It helped those who could not play A17 due to poor FPS. I felt bad, as my brother was one of the victims as well, so I actually paid money for a server just so the victims could at least play A17. I hated the way RWG was, I spent like a full week teaching myself how to tweak RWG. It was really fun taking control of it all.

EDIT: I closed the server soon as A17.4 dropped as it had a lot of fixes that helped those with potato rigs.

At least 17.4 somewhat fixed towns. Sure, barns and Pass-N-Gases are spawning up the wazoo (can't complain, they all have good, easy-to-access loot), but I'll take those over radio tower cities any day.

Devs,

i was just wondering if we can get a repairing system in A18 like the one in Rust where the weapons and armour gets broken and you only repair it few times and each time the durability to be less than before. This way makes more sense storing multiple weapons instead having just one knowing you can fix it an infinite number of times. Or just the quality of the weapon/armour to go down after each repair.

Cheerio!

I love desert too, for few reason:

1. Oil Shales (and now in A18 they nerf it, so it is more of use.)

2. Easy to make mine, yes we get lot of Sand which is not worth after sometime, but we get decent stone for constructions.

3. More clear view on nests and boulder ..hence easy to harvest and drive through.

Only problem is heat, but if you wear proper cloths and perks that can be overcome, to neutralise it. So, #WeLoveDesert ..

- - - Updated - - -

It’s also the reason why my tree farm is always a ring around my base beyond the render distance of the full models.

I usually don't make Farm of tree, but want to keep some 10-15 trees around only. But I make sure to grow them outside my Land Claim box area, aka away from render. That also remove their night shadow.. it is very scary and dark if you have shadows on.

- - - Updated - - -

We have that system before. But they change it in last alpha i.e. 17. Now you have more reason to store in A18, as they are bring Random Stats to Weapon. So one gun might be good for but less durable

We have that system before. But they change it in last alpha i.e. 17. Now you have more reason to store in A18, as they are bring Random Stats to Weapon. So one gun might be good for but less durable

Not really. Show me the player who would select a gun with less damage and more durability? Especially now that repair kits got cheaper in A18.

It’s also the reason why my tree farm is always a ring around my base beyond the render distance of the full models.

You tree farmers grrrrrr.... lol Any time I see someone with a tree farm I spend all my energy raiding them until they leave the server, that or every day I would drop by and cut down all there trees.

I hate seeing tree farms, they are so annoying to look at lol. :offended::)

Whenever I played with friends, they had a golden rule, because they like to build bases underground, you cannot touch any tree or anything in the environment within 1/4 mile of the base. so that it will be harder to locate there base. They perfected hiding bases I'll tell you what. They could track down anyone base just by looking at the map, I used to say they were cheating until my boy showed me how they did it. Some of there tactics were amazing, it helped me a lot when hunting down other players bases, even the underground ones that think they are hidden lmfao.

We got accused of cheating a lot because we could hunt down just about anyones base that is underground, and no we never used the clipping underground bug. We used to get banned from servers because we would drive the players off the server and admins hated us for it lol....you admins know who you are ;)

EDIT: sorry I kinda lost focuse of what I was originally talking about, what was it again? oh yeah tree farmers...damn you tree farmers. Do not let me find your tree farm or one day you will wake up and it'll be gone and your base mahahahaahaaaaaa, just joking :)

Devs,

i was just wondering if we can get a repairing system in A18 like the one in Rust where the weapons and armour gets broken and you only repair it few times and each time the durability to be less than before. This way makes more sense storing multiple weapons instead having just one knowing you can fix it an infinite number of times. Or just the quality of the weapon/armour to go down after each repair.

Cheerio!

We have random stats, I'd hate to lose that special gun I found to perma degradation.

Not really. Show me the player who would select a gun with less damage and more durability? Especially now that repair kits got cheaper in A18.

I think he was just pointing out that there is a potential downside to that gun that does more damage. As you noticed my AK needed a few repairs in the heat of combat, that can cause some issues.

wow madmole is on and since 15minutes no new entrys :)

so i will use the opportunity to give my little feedback:

All the new stuff is amazing except of the new sounds in regards to players that wear metal

I hate this metal to metal sound, its so annoying please rework the metal to metal sound

it sounds like a monkey hitting on a heater with a wrench, to add this disturbing sound now even to the combat is a thing im a bit annoyed about

BUT all in all its a very nice game, thank you for it

Speaking of tree farms...Is there a chance that on one of the future builds, we can have a bit of randomization in regards to the growth of replanted trees? Example - Replanted trees may grow to 600-1200? It would help with a more natural look throughout the world. It becomes quite obvious where a base is at because you can see level 1200 trees all planted in a cluster nearby. It would help disguising bases in PVP and just help blend in with the "world"?

Yo check it, why do players build tree farms?

They must not know I'll show up and say, time to be gone.

Know I mean no harm but this has got to stop dawg!

blah blah blah I can't think of any more words to add to this song

Because if you start cutting down the forests, the Ents will get mighty angry at you. ;)

wow madmole is on and since 15minutes no new entrys :)

so i will use the opportunity to give my little feedback:

All the new stuff is amazing except of the new sounds in regards to players that wear metal

I hate this metal to metal sound, its so annoying please rework the metal to metal sound

it sounds like a monkey hitting on a heater with a wrench, to add this disturbing sound now even to the combat is a thing im a bit annoyed about

BUT all in all its a very nice game, thank you for it

I said we'll replace that sound when we have the tech to do so, instead of seeing if I'm on or not, maybe read what I wrote :)

Archived