Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Really? I thought zombies were just really old people slowly walking around moaning from the aches and pains in there joints.

not 100% true... we feel the pain even when not walking around slowly... :) but then again... going by YOUR name... you should know that :)

and to beerfly... yes they are... but you all will have to explore to find them... they look amazing.

I must say, I liked ALL the things in the video. The combat plays nice and the farming and building changes are getting better by the second.

Just a fast feature request for you Madmole: Some of us would LOVE a "drop everything into the chest" key, but I don't know if it is a simple request or if it takes more than a few hours. Honestly, I can't keep up with all the changes (in a possitive way) so I think we'll live a little more without that feature if needed.

Store all would kind of suck, but we talked about doing a store duplicates so you go to each chest, hit that button and it stores any duplicates of what you have in there, then it would intelligently sort at least.

Ok, better. Maximum with all steel armor and lvl5 Pain Tolerance is at 89% then. So you will be able to withstand 2 times the zombie hits before you go down if you just find the rest of the steel armor pieces (while the influence of pain tolerance is rather low with heavy armor)

I suspect if you don't let zombies surround you there is no way to get killed without actively helping them with that much armor. But that's just theory, we'll find out next month hopefully.

Yeah I think I let everyone's comments go to my head about armor being so great, I got rekt last night trying to melee a bunch of feral/rads. I probably lost 200,000 xp.

We have a lot in us from all around the Universe and it is the habitat that makes us how we live and act, and so on. Well said, mate.

Remember, zombies are a product of a medicine that triggered some genes in us, to act in a way that someone wants, but it mutated, caused by what is already in us, crazy.

There it is! Scientist from, The New World Order, attempted to create: "The Perfect Human".

They turned on all the dormant genes in a group of "volunteers". A side effect is total memory loss. Later, in some unknown accident, the one being tested for resistance to the rabies virus escaped.

Years later, the player, the first successful test subject, was sent to the Navazgane area...

so looking at that video again and pausing it at the description for strength it says it just works for clubs, shotguns and sledgehammer? I'm not gonna lie it is going to feel really weird not boosting strength for damage with fists or well any Melle weapon. unless I'm missing something.

"Feels weird". "Plays great!". "Feels weird". "Plays great!". "Feels weird". "Plays great!". Reminds me of the old beer commercials "Less Filling" Tastes great!"

This is a small ask, but for the sake of OCD, could we start at 101 health and stamina at Lv 1?

Also curious, I think Joel mentioned during the last stream, there won't be a level cap, does this mean if we hit Lv 300+, our health and stamina will also be 300+?

Level cap is 300, health and stamina cap is 200.

Isn't this what they want? They complain you can easily escape, well then, make escape impossible. :laugh:

Nah, I was kidding, I was 50% ironic when suggesting this but at the same time the other 50% I was sick and tired of people complaining that it's too easy. That's the reason I only play single player so I don't hear people complain about this and that and the other. If they think it's easy, well then, put the nightmare speed during the day too and let's see how much you're going to survive.

What I believe is...and I know this has been discussed for a long time, the game feels a bit empty with most of the zombies being sleepers, not wandering outside like in previous alphas. If your "veteran" player complains that it's too easy, if they choose nightmare speed during the day too and they got A LOT of zombies outside, let's see how they are going to make it even from day 1 to 7 without dying at least once or twice. I am curious as to how you're going to address this issue.

If they jack all the settings up and its still too easy, then my answer is mods.

Well, letting that slip through would be super dumb. =P

And well, there's always the possibility of zombies with attacks that ignore a % of armor or attacks that debuff you, like cop puke "weakening" your armor... we have quite a few angles there.

That's why some people scoffed at the "only 20% AP" effect that I had set on AP rounds when it really makes a major difference.

Reducing say 60% armor to 40% is not 20% more damage but 50% more.

Not to mention you can shoot through walls and multiple zeds with them lol.

speaking of bars. can we please get iron bars to angle like a ramp. comes in handy with dart traps and turrets. atm I am using rebar ramps to protect and shoot through. trust me in a zed apoc, I would definitely be ramping those things.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28991[/ATTACH]

Its called trussing.

Hey MM thanks for the base tour, loved it!

I noticed that you used storage crates...

b5YNvsR.png

and also signes, because you didn't have the right symbols. For example for mods.

Any chance that you could add new textures for the storage boxes?

Suggested categories:

• mods
  • vehicles parts
  • electricity parts
  • plants / farm / garden
  • armor / clothing
  • materials

That feels like a never ending rabbit hole. An improvement to the sign system would probably be better. Like be able to paint on a storage crate and type whatever you want, only accessible through the radial menu so normal activation doesn't activate the sign would be sweet.

That is absolutely no reason to ignore something if it makes the game too easy. Or hell, even if it makes it too hard but only after people have "gotten their money's worth."

An imbalanced game is an imbalanced game no matter how many hours someone has in it. Armor should scale WITH, or slightly faster than, the mobs difficulty. It should NOT outpace it so bad that all danger is gone. If it does, the late game needs balancing.

Its fine. I got rekt last night, and I haven't got rekt in 50 hours or so. And I'm the tankiest of tanks. Take a no armored guy and put him through what I did or light armored guy they would have been toast much faster.

Well, plant DNA and animal DNA simply cant transfer properties as the nucleotides are arranged differently, thereby are almost impossible to do so.

snip...

Really? Try ingestion. ;)

Your right ofc but I just had to drop this here.

That feels like a never ending rabbit hole. An improvement to the sign system would probably be better. Like be able to paint on a storage crate and type whatever you want, only accessible through the radial menu so normal activation doesn't activate the sign would be sweet.

Would it also be possible for players to lock signs in singleplayer in a future update? Unless there is a way to do just that and I'm simply missing it, if you put signs on a box in SP, it's sort of annoying that about 20% of the time you accidentally click on the sign to edit it and not the box that it's placed on. :p

EDIT: I misread your post, so ignore mine. Having a feature like this implemented would be sweet. :D

Keeping the symbols but changing the text would be fine. One line is enough if characters have variable size.

I wonder if this patch Will optimize the game much more. I play with 8 GB of Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6410 A8 and a processor of 2.2 GhZ. Is that low? Or can run the game correctly?

It runs better than 17, so if you could play 17 then you are in business.

Store all would kind of suck, but we talked about doing a store duplicates so you go to each chest, hit that button and it stores any duplicates of what you have in there, then it would intelligently sort at least.

That one is already in. You can take all with R and it fills your duplicates, then you drop them one by one. I do that all the time in my drop chest for later ordered storage.

There's A LOT of situations in which the feature I'm suggesting would work: The most important of them being having to drop things in a chest as soon as possible because:

1-Night is approaching

2-Horde is approaching

3-A combat is near

4- Any situation in which you don't want to order your ♥♥♥♥e and just want to play the game as soon as possible without shift clicking all the time . So we just drop everything in an storage and keep going.

So, as you see, It doesn't suck at all. And quite a few games have it because It's useful.

I don't know the coding but that would the perfect solution. Similar to Arks radial menu and just have the default press open/close or whatever.

I agree with him with the fact though i like visuals (pretty) things so i try to paint my stuff accordingly so my meds crate is the med sign tools tools etc. how hard/easy it is to add a new paint mesh?

This is a friggin' genius idea!!! This is way better than anything I have thought of or heard from others as a solution.

You have no idea how much time this would save me when it comes to keeping my storage spaces organized.

Archived