3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Lol! Love it :-)

You made that one easy my friend =)

Do you edit these yourself?

Yes

We are not supposed to know, only enjoy and admire.

:)

UocwMyR.gif

LOL!

Ah yes that’s who I meant. I just saw the first letter B in the name and responded in my excitement.

lol The tapestry you weave with your words..

New rules at my house:

1: You will wear a 7D2d shirt. (Several sizes available.)

2. You will use a 7D2D mug.

3. Water is ok.

4. Anything else requires you to search house or yard for a book, schematic, or a recipe that would suit you.

4b. In emergencies my wife can function as a trader.

Yes, that IS her normal voice.

5. Dukes are accepted. Nothing else is.

6. Playing 7D2D with me is NOT a requirement. But, you WILL not interrupt me while I am playing.

And you should know, 20-30 hour play sessions are not uncommon.

6b. The wife is excluded from this rule only in an effort to put off starving to death.

7. When A18 releases no other topics will be allowed.

8. No estimates will be given as to how long these or any individual rule will remain in place.

Nice, love your icon with 7 spelled from 7 days mugs? Wow what a fan! I got mine yesterday :) I'm surprised they haven't sold out tbh there isn't that many.

@Madmole Has your recent in depth playthrough of A18 helped you see the game get closer to your end goal for the game? and or has it opened up more of that awesome imagination box in your head as to were you plan on taking 7D2D from here on out?

I guess what I'm trying to ask, is the game real close to completion or has the recent playtesting opened even more ideas...

I just woke up so I'm sure i'm butchering my own questions lol..

To me the core game feels to be complete now. We'll add bandits, more quests, some more content, but A18 is basically what I've always envisioned for the core game play, looting, crafting etc. It feels really good, now and pretty well balanced, at least for SP and on the 3 builds I've done. There will always be more balance and polish, but damn I'm happy with what we have here.

Really!

I was bummed that there was going to be food poisoning chance added to cooked food, but this changes everything.

Two questions.

Q1: How long does the immunity buff last?

Q2: Will the vitamins be craftable?

Cheeto's super cute:cat:

Im not sure, I'd guess about 4-6 hours. No they won't be craftable. I only use them when I run out of antibiotics so I can prevent infection. I've never thrown up once yet, so food poisoning isn't a thing tbh. 2% chance is so low and my fat ass drives everywhere so I use no calories at all, I eat one stew a day unless I'm mining all night. IMO we should increase the chance.

I think that TFP's took inspiration from all those people that put adds in videos, songs and telemarketers that are constantly calling every five minutes. But instead of saying brains, all I can hear is MMMMOOOOOONEYYYYY!

Even songs are not safe. I can listen to a song and all the sudden I hear this goofy voice talking about some crap they are trying to sell.

Can't wait till they start putting adds for a 911 calls.

Sometimes I play the game just to escape that, it's less scary.

I have no idea what you just said, but LOL, captain obvious in your avatar.

I see the problem now.

What you see as MUST FIX,

should actually be called MAYBE FIX.

Now, you feel better already!

So much better, that you want to release A18!

You will make every sane person on the planet happy.

Then you will feel even more happy!

No, no. Keep looking at my watch,

swing back an forth... back and forth...

:)

Down to 62 MIGHT fix bugs :)

I was really hoping streamers would get it this weekend, i have not played in along time and cannot wait to start a new game

Alpha 17 made me give up on the game but with the recent changes like having a reason to go out and loot again as made me want to dive back into it. I am so looking forward searching for those books, more stuff to loot the better for me so do not be shy in adding even more loot into the game for alpha 19 @madmole

I was too, disappointed, but it is what it is. We'll get there soon. Its playing great, but we don't want 62 captain obvious bugs, so we'll at least get those wrapped up then launch.

Oh look, I got a new title! lol

Was that you MM or did Trolland do it? :)

- - - Updated - - -

I was too, disappointed, but it is what it is. We'll get there soon. Its playing great, but we don't want 62 captain obvious bugs, so we'll at least get those wrapped up then launch.

Well why? I would just point them out to you. Don't worry, I don't mind. ;)

@MM I’m curious about tfp’s thoughts on how to handle the activation of quests. At one point you mentioned maybe the quest goes active when you get it from the trader. The issue with that is currently once quest becomes active, you can’t invite friends. The only thought I had would be activating at the site as it is now. Instead of the exclamation point, maybe use the localization that you use when looking for your satchel in a quest, so when you’re at the correct building, you get that “Quest nearby” or maybe a text popup saying “Start ‘x’ quest Y for yes, N for no”. What ideas are you guys bouncing around?

Madmole: Regarding RWG: would it be possible in a future release to expose a way for external tools to generate caves? Something as simple as a dedicated color in the appropriate file (splat map maybe?), with the alpha channel controlling depth, might even work. I haven't looked too much at the RWG stuff, but did look at the Nitrogen World Generator recently and came away with 2 immediate takeaways:

1) Caves could be generated using A* or a similar algorithm. You can even have spawners or POIs in caves. Imagine a true dungeon crawl involving battling your way down to the deepest depths of the cave and fighting several ferals or a boss or something. Then you get some nice loot. Those caves could even have deadend branches, so things get REALLY interesting. Or multiple treasure rooms. Or maybe just a ton of ferals leading to a dead end. Best of all, since they are randomly generated, players would never know where to look! It becomes quite a bit harder to dig all the way down to find treasure rooms since it's all RWG based.

2) It should be possible with blocks or prefabs to add bridges that allow roads to go over other roads or over rivers. This wouldn't affect the roads themselves outside of some possible rule/algorithm changes to ensure that some bridges get generated. This would make the terrain interesting and more dynamic.

3) Maybe modify that road texture a bit and add some faded paint.

Just a few thoughts.

Archived