Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Madmole: Roland...prepare to release A18...

Roland: Okay...

0BweCsr.gif

Please someone explain what is going on here. I want to duplicate this so bad. If I do I’ll paint A18 on the side of the Mellon and video it to share. Gronk...you must know...

Please someone explain what is going on here. I want to duplicate this so bad. If I do I’ll paint A18 on the side of the Mellon and video it to share. Gronk...you must know...

They're applying pressure around the watermelon by placing rubber bands, which well, the rubber band that exploded the watermelon's shell?

...doesn't quite sound as smooth as the straw that broke the camel's back...

New rules at my house:

1: You will wear a 7D2d shirt. (Several sizes available.)

2. You will use a 7D2D mug.

3. Water is ok.

4. Anything else requires you to search house or yard for a book, schematic, or a recipe that would suit you.

4b. In emergencies my wife can function as a trader.

Yes, that IS her normal voice.

5. Dukes are accepted. Nothing else is.

6. Playing 7D2D with me is NOT a requirement. But, you WILL not interrupt me while I am playing.

And you should know, 20-30 hour play sessions are not uncommon.

6b. The wife is excluded from this rule only in an effort to put off starving to death.

7. When A18 releases no other topics will be allowed.

8. No estimates will be given as to how long these or any individual rule will remain in place.

Are you still at home, or your wife already through you out?

Yep, Gup got it :)

What would be even more impressive would be the old 2 liter bottle + dry ice :biggrin1:

(don't have anything breakable too close, don't get impatient {may take 30+ mins} & don't be suprised if the cops show up; it can be a hell of a boom!)

I was really hoping streamers would get it this weekend, i have not played in along time and cannot wait to start a new game

Alpha 17 made me give up on the game but with the recent changes like having a reason to go out and loot again as made me want to dive back into it. I am so looking forward searching for those books, more stuff to loot the better for me so do not be shy in adding even more loot into the game for alpha 19 @madmole

Alternate Dialog:

Madmole: 4 MF left...

Faatal: 3 MF left...

Madmole: Hey you missed one...

Faatal: 2 MF lef....

Madmole: ...29 MF left...😅

Lmfao

We just need someone to insert the kraken flying out and we have another release the kraken video

I didnآ’t realize those were tons of rubber bands and I couldnآ’t see that they were adding more. Awesome.

Yep, Guppy got it right, rubber bands. There's quite a few vids on youtube showing this.

Personally, my favorite way of exploding fruit is to dump a ton of electricity into it. The water inside boils immediately and expansion does the rest. The thicker the skin of the fruit the bigger the explosion. You don't need quite as much electricity as these guys, plugging an orange into a British 220v outlet is sufficient, not sure if it works with the American 110v system... it should do, give it a go.

<WARNING!>If you do this indoors you can blow out the windows, and your ears, with nothing more than a Jaffa if you don't give the expanding gases another route of escape. :-)

deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Morning all.

Just wanted to say I'll be streaming in 4 hours or so, around 12pm et.

I'm going make the stream all about alpha 18.

Anyone got any must talk topics they think I should cover? Thanks.

I would suggest you touch upon the new books and schematics being "re-introduced" into A18, as well as random stats on weapons, clothing, etc. I've talked to quite a few people [on YouTube, Discord, etc.] who were unaware of this development, and are now very excited over this fact. I would imagine anyone listening into your stream (note: only people that apply), upon hearing that "loot is being made great again", will be very tempted to get back into the game. It's no secret that quite a number of players abandoned A17 because of this very reason (little incentive to loot, and a somewhat poor/unrefined loot experience overall).

Morning all.

I'm not familiar with your streams. Will you have a link?

Nevermind, I did a quick search of your name on YouTube and found it

Morning all.

Hey, that sound great!

But if your doing that then I would suggest dropping a link to your stream here. :)

That's the result of a quality phone with an abysmal camera lens. :/ Forgive the poor image quality; I'm thinking of invested in a proper camera soon.

While the opportunity to make jokes about it had to be taken advantage of, you should not see the jokes as critique or as peer pressure to make you buy useless(?) stuff. :distrust:

It's a sad development that such peer pressure is already happening in school and lots of games use it to push people into buying loot chests or skins.

For the fresh meat though (Regarding the A18 comment)? As long as you cook it properly and eat it without it sitting in the fridge for weeks at a time, you won't get sick. We really just need food spoilage. A simple timer on the item and then it turns rotten. Without working refrigerators, it'd go from good to questionable to spoiled within a few days.

And who says you cooked it properly or ate it soon enough after cooking? The post-apocalypse in reality might not be that good to your food supply as a game.

The game uses a simple approximation (with food poisoning percentage on all cooked food) that practically achieves the same results as a system with food spoilage that only works if you additonally make food very scarce. Otherwise you would simply throw away spoiled food.

While the opportunity to make jokes about it had to be taken advantage of, you should not see the jokes as critique or as peer pressure to make you buy useless(?) stuff. :distrust:

It's a sad development that such peer pressure is already happening in school and lots of games use it to push people into buying loot chests or skins.

I'm actually wanting to get into photography, so it isn't peer pressure at all, just a small nudge on the shoulder. :)

Archived