Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I am, as an electrician I am hoping it will get a book series to allow for more advanced electrical builds. Like for instance a hidden wiring system, where you get to create/use smaller model outlets and place them on the walls. As long as the walls are connected the "wire" is there and all you should only need to connect the power source to an inlet to power the circuit.

Nope, block continuity is super expensive.

If wires are not targetable by Zombies, and I would think that they are not since you can walk through them unimpeded (Electrician Pun, lol), ...then I would support only rendering the wires when a wiring tool is equipped, similar to turret line-of-sight cones.

They have a yellow tint. I'm adjusting the player lights right now they were useless.

Thank you for everything you're doing. This hands on approach by you is impressive and upon hearing about this, I'm confident all the little things that need some love in the game is now getting the love :)

Ya'll are an amazing company, especially TFP interaction with the public.

I hope TFP grows rabidly but with that expansion I hope you all will always keep this level of interaction with the players.

Keep up the good work Madmole and everyone else at The Fun Pimps.

If it were, don't you think we'd have block continuity? I was told its way too expensive so we had to go with wire nodes. If I hide wires, does it even matter?

It would be cool to make it an option (to hide wires) cause in blood moon you should be able to see your electric wire fences and which is connected to which. Make it so only for lights (Similar to Fallout's 4 Power Pylon) to simulate some kind of wireless electricity for lights.

- - - Updated - - -

They have a yellow tint. I'm adjusting the player lights right now they were useless.

Very much appreciated!

so do the books related to hunting/tracking increase the number of animals that will spawn? basically the number of animals I see on the server at any time are really low.

No the animal tracking perk shows the animals you normally can't see. You would be surprised how many snakes, rabbits and chickens are lurking in the grass.

Maybe do a book series on electricity? One of the books could reward to hide the cables, so when read cables only show with the pliers in hand? Could also reward stuff like increased efficiency so that traps draw less power. Generators are more finely tuned so they use less gas. Improved circuitry so the batteries last X% longer ... stuff like this.

Maybe, there are schematics that unlock groups of electricity stuff already. I can see mods and perks doing some of your other suggestions.

If wires are not targetable by Zombies, and I would think that they are not since you can walk through them unimpeded (Electrician Pun, lol), ...then I would support only rendering the wires when a wiring tool is equipped, similar to turret line-of-sight cones.

Yeah I think we could hide the wires when the tool is put away and noone would miss that. All interaction is with lights/switches/relays so hiding the wires wouldn't change any game play.

so do the books related to hunting/tracking increase the number of animals that will spawn? basically the number of animals I see on the server at any time are really low.

no... it will show the ones within a set perimeter (pending perk) where you are at.

Sorry no Big Red Xs to give it all away. :) just the ones near you which comes in handy if one is hidden by a large rock formation or a small poi/sheds... etc

Thank you for everything you're doing. This hands on approach by you is impressive and upon hearing about this, I'm confident all the little things that need some love in the game is now getting the love :)

Ya'll are an amazing company, especially TFP interaction with the public.

I hope TFP grows rabidly but with that expansion I hope you all will always keep this level of interaction with the players.

Keep up the good work Madmole and everyone else at The Fun Pimps.

Every alpha except 17 I spent a lot of hours play testing. 17 was just too much, I've got her purring like a kitten now though.

I gotta say I enjoy th apocalyptic look of wires AND enjoy the build challenge of hiding them...

The way wires and electrical stuff looks in a base really fits into the environment, look and feel of the game, I wouldn`t change the look of any of what is it now, too.

Yeah I think we could hide the wires when the tool is put away and noone would miss that. All interaction is with lights/switches/relays so hiding the wires wouldn't change any game play.

this would make a lot of players happy lol. auto hide them wires

- - - Updated - - -

The way wires and electrical stuff looks in a base really fits into the environment and look of the game, I wouldn`t change the look of any of what is it now, too.

agreed

so are there ANY plans to add official mods or somewhere else for mods to be installed?

don't know if youll add it when released or at all just wondering though

Try using the mod launcher. You should be able to find it here in the forums if you search the mod section. It gathers a lot of the popular mods and makes them easy to install.

Currently the issue with asking for official support for mods is that each new alpha typically changes enough of the game's code to break any existing mods.

I prefer wires showing so that when i'm raiding a base, those who are lazy and dont hide the wires, its a lot easier to pin point where there electrical room is. without wires showing it could be anywhere. Those who put the extra effort in to hiding the wires benefit. either way though really doesnt matter in the end. not much of a game changer should wires have a auto hide function

Hello, I asked this a while back but don't remember what the response was.

Any chance we can upgrade iron bars to steel bars in A18? Something with hitpoints closer to vault doors.

Thank you!

maybe steel frames but I don't know if that is realistic so it probs wont be added but your suggestion seems resonable

<snip>

hmmm.. Maybe have a wire auto hide feature for PVE and single player but no wire auto hide feature for PVP servers. that would be cool.

P.S. I'm so stealing that snip idea you have lol.

EDIT:

Probably, but that means two different architectures of how it works. Who wants A19 in 2020 ?

Of course, just opinion here, I really can`t wait how devs bring this further. For sure we all will love it.

True, I do not mind either way. wires never bothered me.

hmmm.. Maybe have a auto hide feature for PVE and single player but no auto hide feature for PVP servers. that would be cool.

P.S. I'm so stealing that snip idea you have lol.

Probably, but that means two different architectures of how it works. Who wants A19 in 2020 ? :)

Of course, just opinion here, I really can`t wait how devs bring this further. For sure we all will love it.

P.S. Not mine idea :p

Archived