Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I know it's off topic, but I want to say something that is bothering me a lot, so, here it goes........

LMAO I understand completely! I went off on a rant the other day regarding "7D2D being in alpha to long" in another section of the forums. Sometimes being direct with players who make comments without the knowledge of what they are talking about feels good at times. ;)

LMAO I understand completely! I went off on a rant the other day regarding "7D2D being in alpha to long" in another section of the forums. Sometimes being direct with players who make comments without the knowledge of what they are talking about feels good at times. ;)

XD Exactly! I always say to them, "What if 7D2D released today. Who long would you play it? A year? Two years maybe?" The same argument is shared throughout most people: finish the game! Even those that play games like Minecraft, and they don't want those games finished. Whaaat?

Yeah man, they deserve to be insulted at times. When ever I did some dumb sh** I always had someone to call me out, and I'm really grateful for that. Those guys need someone to teach them some manners lol. ;)

Yeah man, they deserve to be insulted at times. When ever I did some dumb sh** I always had someone to call me out, and I'm really grateful for that. Those guys need someone to teach them some manners lol. ;)

The problem is that most of them don't understand the issue. I kid you not, most of them I've talked to (well, ranted on) didn't know who Telltale is, they thought that TFP would update console after PC... We have so much knowledge at our fingertips, but most are too stupid to know how to access it. XD I guess that's the cost?

The problem is that most of them don't understand the issue. I kid you not, most of them I've talked to (well, ranted on) didn't know who Telltale is, they thought that TFP would update console after PC... We have so much knowledge at our fingertips, but most are too stupid to know how to access it. XD I guess that's the cost?

Lol!! +rep for you

Well I would not go as far as insulting anyone but after years of reading nonsense on a topic they definitely need to be put in there place from time to time. Some just need to be educated on the topics they comment on, others I think are just trolls trying to get a negative reaction or complain for the sake of complaining.

Edit: And some are fools that will keep commenting on things they know nothing about and no matter how much one tries and educate them, its hopeless thus why its sometimes better to not engage "fools". :)

Any chance you can show something else than book series ? It's nice to discover them, but diversity is king ! Maybe a sum up of some balance changes you made, or anything else really.

I'll keep showing books for now. I might show my base and talk about some stuff at some point.

ok on topic... i just seen the twitter link (i dont do twitter but clicked on it anyways), i seen mention of an old bug that i thought was reported but didnt find it so i just reported it... :)

off topic (slightly) i still dont understand why (probably a reason), in this day and age and the cost of computers vs console boxes why people dont just buy pcs and not be restricted in a lot of things... but to each his/her own i guess... and another baffling thing is... why also in this day and age... why so many people give lame excuses to not having a mic when most laptops have them built in and most headphones as well..

alas.... the world still rotates with and with out us and we CAN NOT make people do what they dont want to do.... if they did, then a lot of people would take a long walk on a short peer. :)

A base tour at some point would be grand!

I just unlocked electricity. Nerd glasses are awesome for getting perks you don't want to waste attribute points on. I still need gas can schematic (put it in today) so I can get endless supplies of fuel. I nerfed that too, it was insane, 12 pieces of shale for 1000 gas or something. Now its 50 per 100, so about 500 processed shale will fill a 4x4 up. You an get 500 in a minute of mining probably.

why also in this day and age... why so many people give lame excuses to not having a mic when most laptops have them built in and most headphones as well..

I'll play devils advocate on this one, I cannot speak for all but I was in a situation where a vast majority of a specific type of alienware computer shipped with a faulty on board sound card. (when talking in the mic no matter what, sounded like a whisper) I was unlucky enough to have bought one and it took me about a month to find a headset with a built in sound card and these headphones cost $150.00. You do make very good points though. :)

I just unlocked electricity. Nerd glasses are awesome for getting perks you don't want to waste attribute points on. I still need gas can schematic (put it in today) so I can get endless supplies of fuel. I nerfed that too, it was insane, 12 pieces of shale for 1000 gas or something. Now its 50 per 100, so about 500 processed shale will fill a 4x4 up. You an get 500 in a minute of mining probably.

Hey, at least we won't be mining for half a day to get a couple day's worth of gas. I knew that you'd be touching shale at some point (I'd often walk out with 20,000 shale; translate that into gas), but this seems very reasonable. (: You know, I've never truly delved into electricity in 7D2D; looks like this will be the time to do it. (A18.)

Is natural progression slower, on average? If so, I greatly support that; reaching end-game by day 28-something was one of my small nitpicky criticisms about 7D2D in the past, unless I artificially made myself slow down by a significant amount.

I'll play devils advocate on this one, I cannot speak for all but I was in a situation where a vast majority of a specific type of alienware computer shipped with a faulty on board sound card. I was unlucky enough to have bought one and it took me about a month to find a headset with a built in sound card and these headphones cost $150.00. You do make very good points though. :)

well see... no one bother to ever give a legit reason before... thanks zombie. :)

and on your last question... for me... hell yes... a14-a16 i was level 100 by day 20 or so... not now... makes playing game not so boring now.

Archived