Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Yes, this. Players craft up to blue.

I think that's the right design choice. A Player with high level of crafting becomes and unstoppable crafting machine and give's all his teammates full pink armor sets, tools and weapons.

And you know how it is... no struggle = no fun.

Same, tied to governing perks. Light armor you can craft leather, go find military. Heavy you can craft iron, go find steel or th

e schematic for steel, military grade, etc.

I like this a lot. It also makes lucky looter and better barter really good perks.

Yes, this. Players craft up to blue.

Well, it probably is a little much to ask to 'bow down to Blue'. So, 'Craft UP to Blue' it is!

Does this mean I get first dibs on anything anyone crafts - or just the blue things?

(There sure is a lot of blue things in 7D2D...)

; - )

you could get one of those monitors that can display a reticle.. some have several choices and some a custom one..

You don't even need a special monitor: OverlayXHair

I was sure I saw another one in the mods section (it was an external program - not a 7D2D mod - just mentioned in the mods) somewhere that didn't require Windowed mode - but I can't find it now...

I'd rather have optimization, I have a 2080ti now and still dip to -30 fps on horde nights.

The last few months I've done quite a few optimizations:

Fixed Allocations in AstarPath (less garbage gen).

Added Optimization: Entity Ticking (Entity ticking is now time sliced across the estimated amount of frames between ticks if any).

Added GameRandomManager and GameRandom classes (less garbage gen).

Changed Entity to not push if has root motion (AI, expensive) and not to push other if it can't be pushed.

Added Block IsCheckCollideWithEntity which CheckCollisionWithBlocks uses to only do bounds checks on blocks needing it (x2 performance).

Added MovementFactor <= 0 check during CreateBlocks and removed check from other code.

Changed TickEntities to use frame count instead of time and to defer some entities for the next tick (any extra frames will tick).

Changed Physics AutoSyncTransforms to off (faster).

Added new Character Controller (for non players, 15%-20% faster).

Removed Entity wallSurface and some old code.

Optimized entity events/effects.

Optimized Progression/Effects events.

Added Optimization: Entity Ticking (Entity ticking is now time sliced across the estimated amount of frames between ticks if any).

Changed Entity to not push if has root motion (AI, expensive) and not to push other if it can't be pushed.

Added Block IsCheckCollideWithEntity which CheckCollisionWithBlocks uses to only do bounds checks on blocks needing it (x2 performance).

Added MovementFactor <= 0 check during CreateBlocks and removed check from other code.

Changed TickEntities to use frame count instead of time and to defer some entities for the next tick (any extra frames will tick).

Is there something in A17.2 (B27) or when will it be available ?

btw: What about the oclusion culling ? Will we see it in A17.x ?

Ahhh but..What have you done for us lately.

Honestly I think Green or even Yellow should be the limit. Would make looting even better in my opinion.

I bet you could mod a server to either gate the perk that allows blue crafting or even change the perk all together, as a server it would be cool to have in a serverconfig , but I think it's more of a modding gig on this one.

I bet you could mod a server to either gate the perk that allows blue crafting or even change the perk all together' date=' as a server it would be cool to have in a serverconfig , but I think it's more of a modding gig on this one.[/quote']

You will need a 10 attribute to unlock the top tier governing perk to rank 5 and craft blue. So no single player will be a crafting wizard. Specialize and win, jack of all trades and lose. Either way I think this system opens up a lot more looting incentive.

I really like how each book gives something unique, rather than 7 books that all give a small stat boost to a particular category.

Yes they really complete the role play with abilities and gear nicely in most of them. Theif/assassin/stealth builds will be insane now.

Is there something in A17.2 (B27) or when will it be available ?

btw: What about the oclusion culling ? Will we see it in A17.x ?

Most of the changes I listed are for A18. There are a few older items (not even on the list) that were branched to A17.3.

Some of the changes like Entity tick deferring, turning AutoSyncTransforms off are and the new AI character controller are major changes that I've already fixed a few bugs for and need a lot of testing. A17.3 is not getting dangerous changes like that.

Archived