Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Madmole, How does the death penalty work now?

You lose 25% of what it would take to level in XP. If it goes below the start mark of the blue xp bar it turns the XP bar red and it grows outwards in red. So if you get in a death loop (die 4x times), you never lose a level, but there is still penalty to dying and you have to earn back a full bar of red before you are back in the blue and working towards the next level again.

you lose 25% of what it would take to level in xp. If it goes below the start mark of the blue xp bar it turns the xp bar red and it grows outwards in red. So if you get in a death loop (die 4x times), you never lose a level, but there is still penalty to dying and you have to earn back a full bar of red before you are back in the blue and working towards the next level again.

omg so savage

You lose 25% of what it would take to level in XP. If it goes below the start mark of the blue xp bar it turns the XP bar red and it grows outwards in red. So if you get in a death loop (die 4x times), you never lose a level, but there is still penalty to dying and you have to earn back a full bar of red before you are back in the blue and working towards the next level again.

Love it!

And broken bones/ conditions persist?

nice!

Probably not. The loss of XP is a legit penalty I don't think we need any respawn debuffs.

With slower leveling this is going to hurt.

does this mean if i have a broken leg, i die, when i re spawn i wont have a broken leg?

I know a broken leg is better than have a 25% deficit on EXP but just wanting to know

I like the videos, I would love it if there was a way to see other things like the new maps size.

Also, it sounds amazing that it can take roughly three game hours to travel from one biomes to the next.

Its an 8k map, I'm not sure why people pretend that is small.

does this mean if i have a broken leg, i die, when i re spawn i wont have a broken leg?

I know a broken leg is better than have a 25% deficit on EXP but just wanting to know

Yes you will spawn a new man, just with a bit of amnesia.

With all the new things that sounds great, I consider myself a professional player, I die very rarely, I like the challenge

Its an 8k map, I'm not sure why people pretend that is small.

Because it's mathematically much smaller than the previous alpha maps, and a lot of people play on servers, where even large maps get used up.

I know the argument is "the game only supports 8 players", but if the server has only 8 players on at once, but has hundreds of players who can access those 8 slots, is that supported? Or is it just 8 of the SAME players that's supported?

Anyway, I don't have a dog in this fight but that's why people "pretend" it's small. Because it is, in their circumstances.

Yes you will spawn a new man, just with a bit of amnesia.

That made me think of something. This is in the category "fluff", but I think it is worth putting out there:

With the idea of waking up 'healed', but with some amnesia makes me think that, if you don't have a bedroll down then you spawn at a random trader, not the middle of nowhere. The implication being that the trader brought you to their place and took care of you while you healed.

Just a thought

Caz

There's no pretence :-)

Agreed. 8k is way two small on any map running for 200 days plus. 8k is good for some casual play but on an active map with all players on at all times with a few dozen regulars on at any time, it's very small.

We've filled up 16k maps inside of a real time month :)

Without seeing the new random gen and poi distribution, it's hard to say now though.

MM, is there a way to check the special abilities you get from books in A18? I imagine it would be good to have with some more obtuse abilities especially. (Like to remember how many meters you can fall and get no damage with Adrenaline Fall)

Also, anything to guide the new player into the Journal? I introduced like 5 people to 7 Days, and not a single one of them thought to look at the Journal.

With the idea of waking up 'healed', but with some amnesia makes me think that, if you don't have a bedroll down then you spawn at a random trader, not the middle of nowhere. The implication being that the trader brought you to their place and took care of you while you healed.

The traders in 7 Days to die are not so kind. They would charge you for medical care and then you would have to work for them to pay your debts. :)

Archived