Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Can-making is a craft though, our modern ones have come quite a long way. You should look at old, hand-made cans :)

I agree that someone who can craft a marksman rifle should be able to make a decent can as well though,

And let me cook eggs right in the pot :)

Not really. Weapons are found parts from previous working weapons and hacked together on a workbench, not fabricated from thin air. A can has ridges a sealable lid. In all honesty is more complex if you wanted the ridges and perfectly sealed lid, etc.

I think Roland is one of the best moderators, not only on this site, but on the global Internet. I'm sinsere.

Also I respect Madmole a lot for his open and passionate communication, without all this PR bull♥♥♥♥. I like it how he can say 'fokk you' to me or get a hate post in return, and it will not end in ban (if the message was valid and not a troll post). We all been on those websites with 'We're working on improving the game to make it the best game for the best experience for your entertainment' PR empty phrases that say nothing and are actually a disrespect to the fans. I maybe post rare, but I come to this thread many times a day and actually it is the only site that actually gives me joy. And hope.

And I hate Gazz, I have a huge respect for him, but still..

Thanks. Fokk Gazz lol.

What kind of question is that? :D

...following your wonderful logic, there could be an option to have all weapon mods in the beginning of the game. Whay do all that "work" to find them? :D

I'm just thinking option vs gameplay.

By default the option is off so it feel like a bit of cheating and making it too easy. But if you're mining when it lands, you ming never be able to find it. Having a scanner, that you can find, is a good middle ground and cool gameplay...

You suggestion was for us to do a bunch of work that would have the exact same outcome gameplay wise. No thanks.

Game doesn't need any additional zombies from other pois. The towers im doing in my world are full of zombies. So much so I have stopped doing them. You spend 500 ammo to get back 100. Now I'm no math guy but that's a bad ratio.

I think the issue here is some people see killing zombies itself as the reward, i have seen it talked about here alot. I dont. I want to survive and thrive. I dont go to pois just to kill zombies, I do like the combat and killing zombies it's just not all I wanna do. I wanna build up my stockpiles and thrive. If your at a negative ammo amount after a poi that's bad. If I only wanted to kill zombies I'd go play left 4 dead 2.

I know you dont agree and thats fine. I guess I type all this for people reading the forums and TFP.

Also I'm 100% on board with any game setting added that given the player control. Like zombie count biome settings. That way everyone gets the game they want. Only thing is if the zombies are tougher in a biome the rewards should reflect that. They never have and that's an issue.

Sounds like you would like a stealth build and agility guy. You can machete everyone and kill them, or silenced modded pistol if they survive and start to wake up and get through a POI without killing or killing very cheaply.

What's your gamestage? What zombies are you fighting?

I got spiked knucks in my current lp and I have been doing a brawler build, a17 of course lol. It's not really that great in a17. A18 sounds much better.

I'm on about day 29 now, level 36, GS 88. I have fortitude 6, 3 ranks of brawler, auto weapons, heavy armor, healing factor and one rank of pain tolerance. I have nerd goggles so I was able to buy blacksmith and advanced enginering pretty cheap, but I just got the 2nd rank after day 28, I did without until then.

I bought a minibike on day 6 but it took non stop questing to save up the money for it.

Books are kind of rare, so I don't have much unlocked for books. RNG can do that. I still have mostly Q3 iron armor, but I'm saving to unlock rank 4 so I'll make some Q4 iron armor soon and unlock the 4th rank on all those perks I listed.

Its a viable build. The LMB doens't use much stamina so if there is a crowd I punch them with left until they get knocked down then Right bomb them. If its a single guy I open up with a right bomb and sometimes get a head gib. Its a lot of fun. I have no mods for my knuckles but I don't think we have any yet or very few work in it.

Sounds like you would like a stealth build and agility guy. You can machete everyone and kill them, or silenced modded pistol if they survive and start to wake up and get through a POI without killing or killing very cheaply.

I loath stealth lol. I think all builds should be equal. If I'm spending 500 ammo and a stealth person is spending none dosen't that seem like an imbalance? I'd feel like I should be playing stealth, even though I hate it.

Theres a couple of things i wanna address here.

First, stealth should not be a required playstyle to do late game t5 towers.

Second, I am on high gamestage I guess as I have seen lots of radiated and I need bullets for them. Also I cant melee down zeds when theres multiple ferals and a few others in there. The shotgun messiah is a total bullet sink, and that's kinda bs considering it's a gun tower lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Some funny assumptions your making there. I melee all the time.

The levels have been getting ammo caches added to them at various check points so you don't feel like you wasted all your bullets. This might take some time though to clean up every poi. They have a monster spread sheet and and getting through it, but I wouldn't hold up the build with this not finished.

I loath stealth lol. I think all builds should be equal. If I'm spending 500 ammo and a stealth person is spending none dosen't that seem like an imbalance? I'd feel like I should be playing stealth, even though I hate it.

Lol sounds to me like "someone plays strategically and uses less amo and i go all Rambo and use a lot... games not balanced..." lol if you wan't to use less amo than do somthing that usess less amo...

I'm on about day 29 now, level 36, GS 88. I have fortitude 6, 3 ranks of brawler, auto weapons, heavy armor, healing factor and one rank of pain tolerance. I have nerd goggles so I was able to buy blacksmith and advanced enginering pretty cheap, but I just got the 2nd rank after day 28, I did without until then.

I bought a minibike on day 6 but it took non stop questing to save up the money for it.

Books are kind of rare, so I don't have much unlocked for books. RNG can do that. I still have mostly Q3 iron armor, but I'm saving to unlock rank 4 so I'll make some Q4 iron armor soon and unlock the 4th rank on all those perks I listed.

Its a viable build. The LMB doens't use much stamina so if there is a crowd I punch them with left until they get knocked down then Right bomb them. If its a single guy I open up with a right bomb and sometimes get a head gib. Its a lot of fun. I have no mods for my knuckles but I don't think we have any yet or very few work in it.

can you give prices or somethingabout vehicles in the trader? In a17 the most i see are mini bikes parts if that. would love to know how hard i have towork to get even a minibike. I play with a group of people and no one ever wants to do int and they always complain about running to POIs for quests so i get stuck with int for vehicles.

Steel works for a high end metal. We have diamonds you can add to a recipe for diamond blade tips and stuff you want something better on.

Yay, I have been waiting for you guys to include diamonds in a recipe for something. Same goes for the silver and maybe even the gold. Those are actually some of the most useful elements in the periodic table, for their properties not their cash value. Silver and gold are both great conductors, silver is actually the best of all, but gold is often used because it is more durable(oxidation probs). Anyway, more awesome new little details! Ty TFP.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL so true.

Yeah the thread got a bit unravelled, off topic. I called it as it was happening, sorry.

Yay, I have been waiting for you guys to include diamonds in a recipe for something. Same goes for the silver and maybe even the gold. Those are actually some of the most useful elements in the periodic table, for their properties not their cash value. Silver and gold are both great conductors, silver is actually the best of all, but gold is often used because it is more durable(oxidation probs). Anyway, more awesome new little details! Ty TFP.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly think that using the gold and or silver for mods for lets say, the baton??? maybe quicker charge mod that uses silver/gold or even for the junmk turret use a faster processor chip/mod or somethign that fires faster? thats where it should start. if they are mods.

Uh, no, that isn't unbalanced. You chose a build that uses ammo and think it is unbalanced because you use more ammo than the guy that chose a build that doesn't? The "balance" is that it will most likely take the stealth guy longer to clear out a given poi. You chose ammo use to save time. He chose use more time to save ammo. I'm not sure I see the issue.

And, unless the poi in question is a weapon manufacturing facility, why would you not expect to have fewer bullets after clearing it out?

I know. You can't lean in Rust, the best selling Pvp game on steam, so I don't think we need it. Hide in the ghillie suit if you want to be a creep in pvp.

I hope one day you strive to be better than a mediocre game. No, I don't expect a lean animation, but come on, you yourself have made a bajillion posts about rusts inadequacies, but then you turn around and use it as reference when it's convenient.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, lean is not necessary in this game, agree. In R6 Siege for example it is super important, but that game has a very different feel and purpose to it. Plus the usual buttons for it, Q and E, are not really available, E surely isn't, and I would not want to use any other keys for it than those.

Keys can be remapped (see the Bow Drop Incident of 2016). And it could be made to be important. That's the point.

So many different playstyles. That´s good, since people are all different. I enjoy sneaking at night more than anything else.

So your making the assumption i dont melee because I use 500 rounds in a t5 tower. And I'm informing you I do melee, a lot. I just cant melee all the radiated and multiple ferals coming at me. Those towers are pretty crazy in my game.

I can verify that as true. Kage will melee until his stamina is gone or he just knows he cant kill all of them by melee.

Its what I used to do. Now I only role play my games where I can only use firearms or bows. It makes conserving ammo EXTREMELY important. :)

I've always done a lot of sneaking in POIs, especially in all the new A17 ones, regardless of perking into it. And I stick with nothing but stone arrows for a very, very, long time, the damage bonus is a big help in making that so viable. I do perk into that bonus pretty early game. But I never thought of it as a specific "stealth build", just more my play style. Now that I think about it more it's likely a habit I picked up playing R6 Siege so much, where that is 95% of what everybody in the game is doing, you die quick otherwise. So I guess I got super tuned to the method there, it works well against other humans in PvP games like that, so when up against sleeping zombie AIs here it is rather OP in it's effectiveness.

You do make videos though, not sure how entertaining it would be in that respect. It's a slow crawl, though you get quicker at it as you go. But it is nice to enter a POI, leave with all it's loot, and only be down a handful of stone arrows in the process. This is how I horde all my ammo so effectively in preparation for Blood Moons.

I do also melee a lot, love me a sledgehammer, but not a ton inside the POIs, that's mostly an outdoor activity, like molotovs, one of my other defaults.

My issue is 30 zombies from outside come in every time I do a POI. This is a result of me playing solo and the random horde comes for me or near a player (its just me) and they hear me killing stuff and come investigate. At a minimum 5+ guys seem to come from outside and afar when I'm doing a POI. If that didn't happen, I'd love to see lots more zombies outside in cities but when your doing a Tier 3+ and get sandwiched its not cool.

Maybe have outside zombie spawns reduced when doing a quest and being in the quest POI border? Dunno, just a thought.

Anyone has an idea how to rip the textures from the game? I want to use the Duke's painting's texture to update the outdated photo in his wiki page.

https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Duke_of_Navezgane

Archived