Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Well....since you’re new...

We don’t want this thread to fill up with people’s attempts to get eyeballs on their idea. If your idea is for A18 then just post it here. If it’s really that good it will gain traction.

At least you didn’t link to a YouTube channel and ask for likes and subscribes...;)

Related to electrical devices: handheld flashlights (that dont have a separate battery) should damage over time when turned on.

This would make using them more engaging. The players would use them more sparingly, and use the torch as a backup.

Someone uses those things :D

As soon as I get one it is going in a mining helmet.

I am newbie here, and the only thing I wanted is to share my ideas. I don't know how to make my post look interesting or attracting because I just don't have any experience. Sorry if I'm annoying anyone

There are different areas for a reason... use the areas for mods or general discussion.. the topics created by the developers are intended for discussion about the developer's plans.. not every idea under creation.

Rude behaviour will get your posts deleted or worse.

as for trying the controller.... not for me, i am creature of habit and been playing games since mid 80s on pc (what ever was available at the times), and at 61,,, not changing now... arthritis is slowing me down and haven't the strength to hold a controller. i just test it and thats it.

Whaaa... 61? I'm 61 as well....lol! My first gaming system was pong, and my first computer was an Atari 400!

We used to do the kb/mouse thing, but for couch play thats kind of unwieldy.

I would think a major change like default settings would be forced on a new version when features are added or fixed. I never even realised that "default" was even a setting.. I figured it was an indicator that I hadn't changed settings, and that it would change to custom when something was changed!

Thats probably one of those things that should have been added in release notes, but I'm thankful that my feedback got at least the gyro control added.

Who do I have to bug about the push run toggle for vehicles now?

What about making an animation of zombies eating human/animal corpses around the 7D2D world like they do when we die?

Also, I think the game is missing a little terror too, like blood almost everywhere and background scary sounds...

What about making an animation of zombies eating human/animal corpses around the 7D2D world like they do when we die?

Also, I think the game is missing a little terror too, like blood almost everywhere and background scary sounds...

yeah, some kind of bloody sign like "help" or "no way out" would suit the game well, I suppose. But background scary sounds, as for me, should be used only when inside a building with zombies or at night. if they are repeated all the time they will make player really irritated.

perk books and magazines are good, but what if I have two similar books? I can just get rid of it, just like in A16(and bellow)? Or does it work in such a way, that if I find second Enforcer: damage I can read it again and get +10% damage in sum? if so, it would be nice.

perk books and magazines are good, but what if I have two similar books? I can just get rid of it, just like in A16(and bellow)? Or does it work in such a way, that if I find second Enforcer: damage I can read it again and get +10% damage in sum? if so, it would be nice.

It would be OP.

You can sell duplicates or gift or trade them with other players if playing mp.

I know this is trivial to a lot of people but I would really love some new paints (Specifically some new wood floor colors and some nice, clean solid colors that aren't ridiculously bright) and some decore items for my house. Just some stuff to make it look more lived in like, shelves with food on display, a dryer (Seriously. You guys made washers but not dryers? What?), a toilet paper holder, a rack with hanging pots and pans, a broom, wind chimes; stuff like that.

I would also like more seating options, the ability to paint doors (Or just give us more door colors) and the ability to craft new looking items. Seriously, if I make a new couch it's not going to be automatically weathered. It's dumb. I get it's the appocolypse but let's be a little more realistic please.

@MadMole

While attempting to bring more mood into my base, I found that one can't pick up e.g. a placed watercooler within the range of your LCB.

Please make those items (including lockers, cooling boxes, fridges etc) all to be picked up again once placed.

We like to move it move it, we like to move it move it, we like to MOVE IT :cocksure:

And btw. increase the space in a watercooler and change it's price. I only payed a buck each at the trader.

Increasing storage capacity would possibly lead players to use them more in their base.

hey people! I have some ideas for 7D2D's future! I want to present you some cool options, dedicated to books, perks and crafting systems. I invite everyone who is reading this to come and see what I have to show you! You won't regret it!

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?112756-AMAZING-Ideas-4-next-7D2D-Versions

I wish your mod well. We can't keep adding 5% damage forever, does the word OP come to mind? We can though give you XP for every book read.

That would be good. That way finding books you already own still feel useful.

Yes, the majority of books found will be "old novels" or something like that. Read for xp or sell for a few dukes. Perk books will be kind of rare, so collecting all of them will be an achievement IMO. Even if I made them fairly common, the fact that there are over 130 of them and a ton of schematics means RNG will make it hard to get that last one you NEED to get the collectors bonus perk.

I wish your mod well. We can't keep adding 5% damage forever, does the word OP come to mind? We can though give you XP for every book read.

Why do i want experience for nothing?, it will artificially inflate my gamestage without giving me anything in return like iron or wood or usefull loot or stats etc...

Why do i want experience for nothing?, it will artificially inflate my gamestage without giving me anything in return like iron or wood or usefull loot or stats etc...

tbh, I have never been a fan of the way gamestage is currently calculated.

Any plans to potentially update gamestage calculation to something else like days survived? Leveling up seems like a penalty. But if GS is calculated based upon days survived, the opposite would occur - leveling up would be a survival mechanism to keep you on par with zombies.

Or let me rephrase - days survived is a function already, but nothing compared to leveling up. Days survived should have a bigger influence

Any plans to potentially update gamestage calculation to something else like days survived? Leveling up seems like a penalty. But if GS is calculated based upon days survived, the opposite would occur - leveling up would be a survival mechanism to keep you on par with zombies.

Or let me rephrase - days survived is a function already, but nothing compared to leveling up. Days survived should have a bigger influence

Agreed 100%

I know rwg is being worked on. But wondering rwg should have its own tab in the in game menu with lot's of options.

- Like hills true false.

- Mountains true false.

- Amount of deco 5% 10% 25% etc.

- Flat world true false or can be percentage. So we people who like pois to actually spawn and big pois to actually spawn can with a complete flat world.

- Big cities true false

- small cities true false

- amount of biomes 4/5/6/7/8 etc

- weather events none mild medium lots storming

- mother nature events - cyclone /flooding/monsoonal/avalanches etc

- water types lakes/rivers/oceans etc

Agreed 100%

This would also help make it simple to adjust rate of GS increase for people wanting an easier or harder game.

GS increasing too fast?

Make days longer (120 minutes).

GS too slow for you? Make it shorter... (30 minutes)

I get that merely adjusting difficulty can impact GS calculations, but not in the way I want. What if you like to play on harder difficulties but want extra time before zombies are all green?

I made myself a simple mod that lets you adjust the GS multiplier per difficulty which is my current Band-Aid solution.

meh...sounds good in theory but I've been playing that way while testing my mod and it is not good. I am trying to figure out ways to increase gamestage faster than simply days survived because currenty I have no way to level up in my mod so I am forever level 1. So gamestage is pretty much purely a function of days survived and that is way too slow of a difficulty progression (and I'm betting even for most anyone).

Archived