Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Guys who were lazy or laid around too much in my profession were called..MOUCH.....half man / half couch

- - - Updated - - -

MOUCH...half man half couch

Are these the same guys that spend $12 grand on a couch? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

im half tempted to make a write up of all the perks so people can just read. but i feel liek when i get it done/have the time ill be knees deep in A18 LOL

- - - Updated - - -

he said bandits are a WIP but no for sure release. thats about it i believe

Thanks for the info on NPC's.

We just want A18. When it drops, of course.

When it drops, it will fall in our hands. After that, we will update our game on the steam platform. Then we will insert ourselves in the game. Then we start playing and on our first combat with a zombie, it will dash towards us and bite our face off. Where was I going with this?... oh well, nevermind.

I guess my other question that may have been answered, is there a legit silencer now in A18?

idk if it was in a16 or a17 (cause i cannot find one ever) but it really did nothing..?

Not sure but I always put a silencer in my pistol and it seems to work. I can shoot zombies in POIs and (if I'm also stealthed and have my mining helmet lamp off !!) won't wake up the other zombies in the room, most of the time.

Bows are even more silent, but that is to be expected, right?

Me like that. But:

Is that with the ak typical? If crafting is supposed to be the emergency fallback if you don't find the weapon, but you need to find 9 weapons of that type first to craft it. Then isn't it much more likely that one of the 9 weapons is already of a similar or better quality than the one you could craft?

Its a way to take all the brown crap the RNG gives you and turn it into something decent eventually. Generally speaking I've hit a weird game where I only found 2 ak's so far. I noticed doing quests has a drawback, you are wasting time traveling. I didn't have much ammo last night so I cleared out three barns using all melee and ended up getting a ton of cement and some great gear at the end of the one big barn. So play style influences how many guns you will get too. I imagine if I just cleared the block and put all the loot in chests non stop until I was done I'd have a fair amount of stuff.

I’m not sure if you are being sarcastic and I can understand if you are. I realize suggestions from other games can be a touchy subject, but I am not suggesting copy paste it or anything like that. The game I mentioned is an action rpg which is obviously based around loot, so by nature, having an excellent loot system is key (you guys are already on the right track).

I’ll post this link to save time and to give you a glimpse of how deep of a system they have (not saying 7dtd needs to be this complex) as they have a lot of great ideas I think could spark some ideas for you. I hope you take a look! 😉

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Modifiers

Thanks for the response Madmole. I know your time is valuable.

Cheers,

Loc

No I've seen stuff named that way before in other games, its a good concept. I was brief, sorry.

Does armor still slow you down and drain alot stamina in A18. I love heavy armor classes in games but its not even an option for me in A17.

It does, but now that you gain 1 HP and 1 Stam per level you kind of stop feeling it so much. I installed mobility mods to mine so it doesn't slow me down as much. The top rank of heavy armor reduces stamina and movement penalty by 25% and with mods isn't too bad.

Light armor reduces movement penalty 75% and stamina penalty by 50% so you barely feel it ranked up with mods.

Armor is better now too, even the low end armor you can definitely feel some pieces. Cloth armor has no weight or penalties at all now. Combine that with magnum enforcer suit perk, and the fort perk that reduces damage and you would have decent damage resistance and full speed movement.

I took 1 rank of the running perk and it helps immensely with not losing stamina when sprinting in armor too.

my initial assumptions are ofc:

- ammo IS scarce AND costly to obtain (as by design in 7D2D afaik).

- the balance is melee does less dmg (in the general case as discussed) and is more dangerous,

but doesnt require costly ammo, hence better is some situations, worst in others.

Melee is more competitive than ever though, but with the rage zombies it needed to be a bit better.

You can buy Grandpa's forgettin' Elixer for 20k.

Nice! Did I miss this in A17 or is it new?

Huge endgame feature for me; can switch to an experimental play style at a high level. Great for builds that are expensive to be viable (requires 1 or more book set perks for example)

Hello Madmole,

Without giving details, anything you can say about how things are going right now with Alpha 18?

Testing going well? Still lots of bugs to take care of?

Thanks for the videos by the way; it help to ease the pain while waiting for this latest, greatest instalment of our favorite game.

I got my brother to start playing 7 Days to Die almost one year ago, and it's now his all time favorite game, even beating Skyrim (his old favorite)!

I absolutely love A18. It feels so smooth, (new pc helps but I felt massive gains on my old pc), the balance is great. The constant NEED for stuff is flooding my brain and its like the feeling of you have 20 things to do and no time to do it is nagging at you making every second enjoyable. I mean my planner in my head is working overtime in this build because the needs/desires are so plentiful.

I haven't even found very many books either, there is so much to unlock. I still need a ton of tier 3 stuff and I'm looking forward to electricity I've never played a game long enough to get that.

Overall the biggest thing I can say is it feels like a polished cohesive experience now, versus a hodge podge of concepts that were unfinished. Balance has never been greater, and I've spent hundreds of hours testing for months now, so its going to show. Economy feels so much better too, I've been working on traders and prices even since the a17 patches.

I guess my other question that may have been answered, is there a legit silencer now in A18?

idk if it was in a16 or a17 (cause i cannot find one ever) but it really did nothing..?

Edit: I want mew Pew Pew silencer noise shots

Zeds don't wake up most the time using a 9mm with silencer.

I guess wondering NPCs with "Snap-on" style tool trucks are out of the question? at night time they would get in truck and lock up.

in Rust we had a mod that allowed you to create paths and I could spawn an NPC and make him follow a path and users could trade or try and fight them. it was fun.

We talked about wandering traders or npcs you help you can trade with a bit before they despawn. Nothing firm yet.

@madmole in a18 will heavy armour provide a little bit of explosive resistance because I was wearing lvl 6 steel armour but I didn't have any explosive damage reduction from the landmines

Yes it should. Landmines have a slight delay now so you can jump when you hear the tick sound and I managed to only take 80 points damage or so. I was thankful to be alive, that had never happened before.

mind my craziness joel but thank you THANK YOU and the FUN PIMPS for the forgetting elixir you don't know how greatful I am thank you thank you a 1000 times

Yes, hopefully lots of people take some and forget Alpha 17 and change their reviews back to positive :D

Nice! Did I miss this in A17 or is it new?

Huge endgame feature for me; can switch to an experimental play style at a high level. Great for builds that are expensive to be viable (requires 1 or more book set perks for example)

Its going into 18.

Archived