Sign in to follow this  
madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

It was like 2500 (5k with no perks) but I Jacked it to 4k (8k with no perks)

Better, it was 5 dukes in A17 and 16 so good that this is also getting some love.

New Fireman's almanac book video:

Pretty nice, you know what I liked most though is the fact the character no longer needs to push the book in his face to learn it like before most actions would use the eat animation.

also what does this green bar below my name mean?

Forum reputation.

It takes quite a few "likes" to get anything above one.

also what does this green bar below my name mean?

It's the progress bar that represents how close the zeds that are chasing you are to you. The more it gets filled and approaches the right side of the name, the closer they get. You must outrun it if you want to survive.

EDIT: Don't believe anything anybody else says. They're just trying to make you slow down to use you as bait for the zeds.

Pretty nice, you know what I liked most though is the fact the character no longer needs to push the book in his face to learn it like before most actions would use the eat animation.

Yeah eating a book was immersion breaking lol.

It was like 2500 (5k with no perks) but I Jacked it to 4k (8k with no perks)

Peanuts when your talking about 2 beakers. You can raise it to 20k and I will buy it, unless all prices have taken a nose dive or beakers are more common.

on that note, the wife and I were just talking about how the charisma skills should be in a separate category from the crafting skills. (you need the same main skill, intellect, to craft and to buy high level items)

Your rank at that gun (perk) dictates the quality you can craft. You cannot craft gun parts, you find them in loot but more often find full guns you scrap for more parts. It takes 5 parts to craft a brown, 25 to craft a blue. All scrap to 3 parts.

They were ground down and inspected and found not usable and got destroyed in the inspection process. Now stop before I smite you.

With respect. You don't know how peculiar it sounds to take car parts and try to make them into a fine tuned precision instrument such as the firearm. You coulddo it but it would be a crappy firearm at best or blow up in your face at worst.

But this is a game after all.

With respect. You don't know how peculiar it sounds to take car parts and try to make them into a fine tuned precision instrument such as the firearm. You coulddo it but it would be a crappy firearm at best or blow up in your face at worst.

But this is a game after all.

But you don't. You scrap an ak47 for ak47 parts. You don't use mechanical parts to craft guns any more.

@Roland:

Hey I found the smiley which somehow disappeared from the top page, the line under "Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019"

:confusion:

Here he is. He's confused and in fact a little sad because he lost his five buddies.

Would you be so kind to add the poor little guy to the top page, so he can be happy again?

I guess his buddies will be even more happy if they have him back

But you don't. You scrap an ak47 for ak47 parts. You don't use mechanical parts to craft guns any more.

Wait... Does that mean there are bat parts? Just curious.

Asking for a friend.

Ramdom stats on mods? I like the sound of that but how would that work for like a 8x scope?

For something like a scope, I'd say reduced ADS stamina drain would be a good add. :)

Well in that case, where did the other 20 parts go to?

If it only takes 5 parts to make one type of weapon then it should take only 5 parts to make that weapon at any quality.

Then what do you propose for higher tier crafting? Level gates?

Higher quality items taking higher amounts of materials is a universal game mechanic. Think of it as taking tiny pieces of each gun part and combining it with only the best of the others. So you cannibalize a bunch to get a few good ones.

Then what do you propose for higher tier crafting? Level gates?

Higher quality items taking higher amounts of materials is a universal game mechanic. Think of it as taking tiny pieces of each gun part and combining it with only the best of the others. So you cannibalize a bunch to get a few good ones.

agreed

Nice! You should name it Ouch's Almanac.

That would be the complainer's guide to coughing :D

• Like 1

joel in a18 how easy/difficult is it to get by in a18 without investing into any skill trees e.g. strength?

Just like getting a minibike in the old days. The random gods dictate it. I'm level 20 something (early 20's) and haven't caved in and bought cooking perks yet, even though I have 3 ranks in miner and its only one point. I can craft bacon and eggs from a recipe I found, and goldenrod tea, so I'm getting by. I can also craft meat stew, but I can't seed for crap, but being a fortitude guy I'll probably go full blown farmer after I buy the workbench I've been saving up for. (turns out the crafting tables were NOT in traders, so that sucks). The trader next door has everything but a cement mixer working so I'm ok.

Some builds I'm stubborn others I cave and buy a few perks I wasn't planning on.

I will be very interested to see how the "+ Generally more ammunition to be found in the world." change works out.

Right now, in our game we have practically unlimited numbers of steel arrows and crossbow bolts. Hopefully this change only applies to bullets.

I'm concerned that too much ammo diminishes the progress goal of being able to craft ammo. It's a great feeling when you accomplish not having to rely solely on looting to have ammo.