Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

The new gun parts are just mechanical parts that are specific to the weapon. So a brown tier shotgun’s recipe might be something like:

Wood x5

Scrap Iron x10

Duct tape x 5

Iron Pipe x 2

Shotgun Parts x5

The shotgun parts are like the mechanical parts we have now but they will only work for shotguns and they cannot be crafted.

By comparison the blue tier shotgun might be something like:

Polymers x15

Steel Ingots x10

Duct Tape x10

Iron Pipe x5

Shotgun Parts x25

Why more parts if it is just a shotgun?

Gameplay reason: so you can’t craft it early in the game. It’s gated by the recipe components instead of by your player level.

Thematic Reason: you are picking out and utilizing the best and cannibalizing more materials to get something more refined.

Please note: I made up these recipes. They are not the actual recipes. I’m away from my computer so I can’t list the exact recipes but this should give the idea of how it works.

The new gun parts are just mechanical parts that are specific to the weapon. So a brown tier shotgun’s recipe might be something like:

Wood x5

Scrap Iron x10

Duct tape x 5

Iron Pipe x 2

Shotgun Parts x5

The shotgun parts are like the mechanical parts we have now but they will only work for shotguns and they cannot be crafted.

Polymers x15

Steel Ingots x10

Duct Tape x10

Iron Pipe x5

Shotgun Parts x25

Gameplay reason: so you can’t craft it early in the game. It’s gated by the recipe components instead of by your player level.

Thematic Reason: you are picking out and utilizing the best and cannibalizing more materials to get something more refined.

Please note: I made up these recipes. They are not the actual recipes. I’m away from my computer so I can’t list the exact recipes but this should give the idea of how it works.

Ahh. Thank you Roland. When the topic of gun parts and then weapon parts got brought up, I guess I defaulted to the previous gun parts type system. Glad you're here to clarify things.

Yes yes, videos :) I'm a bit greedy and addressing the fact that traders did NOT have workstations for sale. Like really? How can you skip INT if they aren't for sale? I kept going to them every reset stock day and nothing. I checked the code and saw the list was excluded. I jacked the prices up too, these are game changers they shouldn't be chump change.

Finally fixed the 5 duke Chemstation did you :D

Poor kids thought they were gonna learn how many apples Linda's kids have and some Algae Brah. Instead they got a phone addicted Moderator😁

Your rank at that gun (perk) dictates the quality you can craft. You cannot craft gun parts, you find them in loot but more often find full guns you scrap for more parts. It takes 5 parts to craft a brown, 25 to craft a blue. All scrap to 3 parts.

Do you know how many 2x4's I go through to find a perfectly straight one? Same concept, a perfectionist crafter is going to comb through a lot of parts to make a perfect masterpiece.

Well in that case, where did the other 20 parts go to?

If it only takes 5 parts to make one type of weapon then it should take only 5 parts to make that weapon at any quality.

Wood x5

Scrap Iron x10

Duct tape x 5

Iron Pipe x 2

Shotgun Parts x5

Polymers x15

Steel Ingots x10

Duct Tape x10

Iron Pipe x5

Shotgun Parts x25

I know you said you made the recipes up, but does this mean for each tier higher, you also need different materials to make it?

So, brown can be made with scrap iron and higher ones need steel? Because now each tier uses the same materials to make and only because of your perklevel, it changes the tierlevel.

Btw... I would like it if this would be the case.

Wood x5

Scrap Iron x10

Duct tape x 5

Iron Pipe x 2

Shotgun Parts x5

Polymers x15

Steel Ingots x10

Duct Tape x10

Iron Pipe x5

Shotgun Parts x25

Recipes need refinement anyway, I just noticed only the gun parts scale, everything needs to scale to match melee tools and weapons. Firearms were the first experiment with scaling costs, and need updated to match what we've done elsewhere now.

Well in that case, where did the other 20 parts go to?

If it only takes 5 parts to make one type of weapon then it should take only 5 parts to make that weapon at any quality.

They were ground down and inspected and found not usable and got destroyed in the inspection process. Now stop before I smite you.

hey joel the way that you have structured the way of the crafting quality is good in my opinion because in alpha 17 you may be smart but that somehow allows you to craft high level everything in the new way in a18 is to learn that specific thing and you know all the ins and outs of the weapon rather than being magicly allowed to craft lvl 5 and 6 things

Archived