Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

On this topic, are there any plans to add a tool to make smoothing slopes of natural terrain a little easier? (That's block density, right?) I really enjoy windy dirt roads leading up to my base, but it is extremely tedious to hoe the dirt down to get a slope that doesn't take damage from vehicles and makes for smooth driving.

I asked this a few pages back, but I think I was drowned out in the noise of the latest controversy: I am excited about the new block selection feature and planning out mod let's for a18. Will players be able to add existing and/or modded blocks to existing groups? And will we be able to define our own groups?

No but maybe down the road. Yes you can add whatever blocks you want create your own helpers via modding.

Hey Madmole, regarding "New Dynamic Music System (DMS)", can it be modded, like having a folder in the game to put our own music in? I know this is about music and not biome sounds, but I ask because I want to put the old biome sounds to play as music, kinda miss them, and a folder to mod the menu theme too? Is it possible? Sorry if this was already asked.

We tried those and they took damage. Too steep.

Raise the 'snowplow' on the 4x4. Truck's got 18 inches of ground clearance but you can't use it 'cause of the blade on the front. I'm sure it looked cool in concept art but it's not really a practical attachment when you get right down to it unless you can raise and lower it...which I doubt is viable.

A bush bar makes more sense, then add some spikes to it or something.

Dupe bug? Nah... I'd say the motivation is that everyone that's played coop with shared resources knows the pain of

FOR ♥♥♥♥S SAKE STEVE HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PUT YOUR ♥♥♥♥ AWAY CAN YOU GIVE ME ONE ♥♥♥♥ING SECOND TO GRAB THE ♥♥♥♥ING WRENCH OUT OF THERE.

;)

Then mod-ing vending machines would be interesting. Load up the machine with stacks of resources. So then anyone can get whatever resource they want: Food, stone, ammo... anything.

And it would be kinda fun! :)

Edit: You would want to removed the electrocution in them because abuse is right there (walls of vending machines!).

No need for you to get all sarcastic :D

This is about behavioural conditioning and positive reinforcement and negative reinforcement.

If you want a dog to bring your shoes, you give him a pat on the head whenever he does this, even if he makes a small mistake like moisten the shoes. If you don't want him to do it, you discipline him.

Now madmole was a good mole, bringing us some information that he normally would not have brought us since the feature wasn't really safely in. Or maybe it even was at that time but got removed again.

Disciplining MM is the wrong move when he brings information, even if the information is slightly misleading as to its development status. His conditioning since A17 development has made good progress, but that might not hold if we send the wrong signals.

That reminds me: Someone also has to bring him liquors with high alcohol content, as that loosens ones tongue. Anyone here living near TFP's offices?

:cocksure:

Ramp consisting of 1 block has 45

Ramps consisting of 2 blocks have 22.5 (aka half of 1 block)

Nope, that would mean a half block would have 90 degree but actually it only has 63.4. That's a common mistake that also happened to me some time ago.^^

Players can build their own damn bridges. We're just barely getting water in again, it was broken for a month. Anyhow, once water is final and every other must fix RWG bug is fixed, we can revisit bridges, but to me its something that can be punted for another alpha, the goal was to get a sweet RWG with no bugs out, something basic but very pretty. Can always add layers to that after the base is working.

Thats cool. I just hate to lose some of that older alpha gameplay. Maybe you can find/hire a water guy, if thats even a thing.

I know poi water features would just be a stopgap, and you guys are more looking at the long game instead of short term bandaids.

- - - Updated - - -

So you can play Thunderstruck during horde night?

Two cellos thunderstruck for the win!

Nope, that would mean a half block would have 90 degree but actually it only has 63.4. That's a common mistake that also happened to me some time ago.^^

OK...I'll take your word for it...I've misplaced my protractor :p

Post the math or it didn't happen. if we assume that blocks in 7D2D have equilateral sides (and who could prevent us from assuming that) then a ramp should have 45 degrees. Simply because of symmetry and there being 2 equilateral triangles (seen from the side) with 2 angles being 90 degrees and the rest of the angles being equal and the sum of all of them 360 degrees. 360-(2x90) / 4 = 45

Post the math or it didn't happen. if we assume that blocks in 7D2D have equilateral sides (and who could prevent us from assuming that) then a ramp should have 45 degrees. Simply because of symmetry and there being 2 equilateral triangles (seen from the side) with 2 angles being 90 degrees and the rest of the angles being equal and the sum of all of them 360 degrees. 360-(2x90) / 4 = 45

Are u guys trying to turn Roland on?

So it was a misunderstanding. I was talking about about the right ramp and you were referring to the left one...

JyQGBDB.jpg

Left one has 45° as you wrote, and right ramp has 63.4°.

... Edit: Ah sorry, you are not talking about the ramp I guess.

Edit: and you are correct.

No problem. I should have finished reading your comment before posting my reply.^^

Raise the 'snowplow' on the 4x4. Truck's got 18 inches of ground clearance but you can't use it 'cause of the blade on the front. I'm sure it looked cool in concept art but it's not really a practical attachment when you get right down to it unless you can raise and lower it...which I doubt is viable.

A bush bar makes more sense, then add some spikes to it or something.

I made a 11.25 degree ramp and the vehicles seem to clear it just fine.

Archived