Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Any chance wearing heavy armor will mitigate the chance for bleeding a bit? It's so weird bleeding every ten seconds wearing full level 6 steel armor with plate reinforcements, even with non-ferals. Even a mod would be nice. All these new features sound AMAZE-BALLS, can't wait.

Seems broken, getting paper cuts shouldn't even be a thing at that point.

Any chance wearing heavy armor will mitigate the chance for bleeding a bit? It's so weird bleeding every ten seconds wearing full level 6 steel armor with plate reinforcements, even with non-ferals. Even a mod would be nice. All these new features sound AMAZE-BALLS, can't wait.

I think I'm actually going to shelve 7 Days till A18. I think it's fairly clear, as Madmole said, A17 was just huge. Not everything got done that TFP wanted. On top of that, no design is flawless. And with so much redesigned, the player feedback was bound to be large and passionate.

TFP seems to have heard much of this loud and clear. Though strongly positioned on some points, as usual, they tend to listen to the player base and... Flex... Some. Which, is a positive thing.

A17 hasn't sat right with me. Love some changes and adds. Some changes just squashed my interest. It's a good time for a break. :-D

A18 is sounding like a much better game than A17. So definitely looking forward to it.

My biggest hope is a reason to leave my base and explore returns to 7 Days. Fingers crossed. :-)

P.S. and maybe an option to disable diggers.

O:-p

each one blows up causing the player more damage, and lbd: Learn by dying :)

LITTLE BLACK DRESS pls!!!

- - - Updated - - -

That's game stage stuff.. it's basically the game doing nearly everything in its power 'within reason' to kill you. Game Stage 500+ etc, nearly every Zombie hit will inflict a bleed. ;x

If you want it to stop I guess best course of action is to suicide over and over and over again.

Setup an Auto Turret, put your bed infront of it and flag yourself as an enemy. Load it with 100 or so bullets then go AFK. wew.

So should we expect a patch with occlusion culling in A17 or will it be in A18?

I can't promise, but I have a feeling you guys will see it in some regard for an A17 patch. It can occlude a lot of different things, some things occlude easily without any noticeable bugs, others take more effort to get it shippable. We're pretty optimistic though. Its death from a thousand paper cuts so it takes time going through everything and optimizing but we're picking up gains left and right as we go. Shawn has a new character controller that is significantly faster than unity's so zombies won't eat near as much CPU pretty soon.

Archived