Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Same shapes new menu for selecting the shape. No more crafting 30 wedges, 30 wedge tips, 4 wedge tip corners, etc etc etc. You craft a stack of flagstone blocks, and decide what shape it will be from a menu. Access it by tapping R or holding R and selecting the shape menu. Shift R selects the shape and closes the menu instantly.

How does that interact with needing the saw table to make unusual wood shapes?

Changed: Scrapped over 250 block recipes for decorations and less often used shapes. This will reduce lag in the crafting menus. (Gazz)

My inner PR guy says, a reassurance that those decorations and shapes will still be attainable via the new shape menu, the trader, or other methods would go a long way here.

My inner PR guy says, a reassurance that those decorations and shapes will still be attainable via the new shape menu, the trader, or other methods would go a long way here.

Perhaps he's just stoking the fire, as they say...

Bored maybe? ;)

I can keep looking for a more recent source, but I remember Madmole saying that if they had the ability to interrupt the reload animation, e.g. so you weren’t helpless while watching yourself load all eight or more shells one at a time, they could revisit it.

Relevant:

"Strong hand" shotgun reload.

One of my gripes is that an exploding car does less damage than a pipebomb. :/

...at least it seems that way regarding damage to zombies.

My gripe is that cars explode at all. It's bloody difficult to make a car explode unless you replace the seats with barrels of gas.

I didn’t see it posted anywhere - is the saw being decommissioned with the inclusion of the new shape selector? This, coupled with the copy rotation features etc is going to make building so much better - thanks MM and Prime!

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. If you rotate 1 too many it takes forever to do all the rotations again. And I'm not talking about reverse either.

Please let us keybind all 6 rotating directions. This way I can get any rotation with just a few clicks.

For a large number of blocks there are 24 rotations. How would you key bind all all of those?

If a block had full 45 degree rotations available, this would double to 48 possible rotations.

For a large number of blocks there are 24 rotations. How would you key bind all all of those?

If a block had full 45 degree rotations available, this would double to 48 possible rotations.

Use the numpad for example, if you could bind 2 for roll down, 8 to roll up, 4 to rotate left, 6 to rotate right, etc, i think that's what he's referring to. I think that would be a perfect setup.

Use the numpad for example, if you could bind 2 for roll down, 8 to roll up, 4 to rotate left, 6 to rotate right, etc, i think that's what he's referring to. I think that would be a perfect setup.

I'd hate that, since I don't have a numpad :) arrow keys, yes!

Well yeah, if they are all in that new menu with a block, no need to have recipes for them other than the base block. As for the saw table, that thing should go the way of the dino's I've never noticed anyone really ever making one or using it. Especially when you consider wood is bascally useless vs zombies.

Archived