Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Hey can you tell us what work is still to be done before you can release the Alpha 18 and can you update the main post with what items you still need done? and in the future What do you need the most? more texture or 2d artists? programmers or 3d mesh artists?

I was in the desert gathering aloe plants and dealing with the heat when suddenly I noticed that my health had dropped to almost nothing. I almost died right there till I realized that I was very dehydrated.

Up until today the only way I lost health was after losing all my water. But now I was in my mid 30's and had a red water drop on my screen.

Thankfully, I took water with me and that saved me from a rather embarrassing death.

Did it, though? Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like among debuffs only bleeding and fire can actually kill your character, while dehydration and the rest just leave your character slow and/or weak.

I wish someone would post a summary. I can't get twitch to play the damn thing.

If you still haven't had time to watch the video, here's a repost of Jost Amman's summary he made over on the Steam forums.

Lot to discuss there... ːbuzzedː

A few highlights (I'll be adding as soon as I find the time):

• Better FPS overall especially for low-end computers thanks to a lot of optimizations they've been working on (e.g.: dynamic ambient occlusion)
  • 250 books + schematics to find!!
  • Dynamic music system
  • Distant POI support also for RWG maps!
  • Better XP balancing of all the different types of in-game activities across the board
  • A new type of "sapper" zombie! >:-)
  • More varied AI behavior and a few "surprises"
  • New weapons (stun baton + spears/javelins)
  • Random tiered items stats (e.g.: for looted weapons and armor)
  • New "remnant" non-dungeon POI you can take for quick shelter
  • Glancing blow (with less damage) in melee that takes into account the entire arc of your swing trajectory!
  • New trader voice-overs
  • Rebalancing / second pass on most A17 dungeon POIs
  • More...

I think the only things we didn't already know about are the new trader voices coming (VO session isn't scheduled yet so we'll see) and confirmation that the new wildlife is a mountain lion that will inhabit the snowy biome.

Would devs consider a simple infection placeholder be put in until the system gets reworked? Perhaps one full in game day of infection until it dissipates or cured? Without infection players have learned to brawl with zombies trading blows so long as bandages are available. The threat of infection should change the way we approach an attack for fear of infection as it should be. Additionally, infection perks without infection are wasteful and broken. Going another entire alpha cycle without some kind of infection will be real bummer. A placeholder of simple timed debuff can do for now please.

good to all, the lack of news intrigues me a lot, I saw a video on twitch but I do not understand, I do not speak English, someone summarizes what is about to happen or what is the video? I'll be very greatful

ttps://www.twitch.tv/videos/445556585?t=02m19s

Lot to discuss there... ːbuzzedː

A few highlights (I'll be adding as soon as I find the time):

Better FPS overall especially for low-end computers thanks to a lot of optimizations they've been working on (e.g.: dynamic ambient occlusion)

250 books + schematics to find!!

Dynamic music system

Distant POI support also for RWG maps!

Better XP balancing of all the different types of in-game activities across the board

A new type of "sapper" zombie! >:-)

More varied AI behavior and a few "surprises"

New weapons (stun baton + spears/javelins)

Random tiered items stats (e.g.: for looted weapons and armor)

New "remnant" non-dungeon POI you can take for quick shelter

Glancing blow (with less damage) in melee that takes into account the entire arc of your swing trajectory!

New trader voice-overs

Rebalancing / second pass on most A17 dungeon POIs

More...

this was posted earlier and I am only reposting

Would devs consider a simple infection placeholder be put in until the system gets reworked?

I'm pretty sure there's gonna be some placeholder for the infection. One aspect of the brawler perk is that you lower the probability of infection if you fight with the nukles. To test that, they need to implement some form of infection.

I'd like to see a simple system. The system in A17 was just too complicated. Everything was just random and you didn't get any information.

- - - Updated - - -

So, newspapers say that there will be a coyote ingame !

Maybe a roadrunner also ? Meep Meep ;)

For the want of clothing.

I can go around and find a firearm on my first day but I can go for weeks before I find a pair of pants. Even longer to find a full set of cloths. It just seems really hard to find clothing.

I would like to recommend a clothing store in the game. That way, a player could raid it and find what they need.

For the want of clothing.

I can go around and find a firearm on my first day but I can go for weeks before I find a pair of pants. Even longer to find a full set of clothes. It just seems really hard to find clothing.

I would like to recommend a clothing store in the game. That way, a player could raid it and find what they need.

+1 to this

I remember on one play through I was on like day 60-something and still had plant fiber pants. I had a full set of military armor, AK, night vision...etc. aaaand plant fiber pants lol

+1 to this

I remember on one play through I was on like day 60-something and still had plant fiber pants. I had a full set of military armor, AK, night vision...etc. aaaand plant fiber pants lol

You guys are so demanding... geez.....just be happy with the pants you have. Some people just like to complain....Damn!!!

New trader voice-overs

I seem to remember mention that there was an intent to change the trader dialogue so that instead some traders always being rude and others always being friendly, they'd start off rude when you first met them and then get friendlier as you did more quests for them.

I wonder if the new voice overs are connected to that?

(It may just be that they're finally doing a female voice for Trader Jen, of course!)

Am I the only one that doesnt like pants? The boys like being free.

Well what do you like wearing?

I like wearing them because if offers basic but good protection from both the cold and attacks.

Plus walking around in grass pants or undies just doesn't look right.

I finally found some BDU bottoms. But it seems like the only way I can get them is by doing the dungeon crawl. I wouldnt mind if there was more clothing in the game. More dressers and such.

A laundromat in the game? I will have to check that out. Thanks LionsDen.

Did it, though? Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like among debuffs only bleeding and fire can actually kill your character, while dehydration and the rest just leave your character slow and/or weak.

Im fairly sure I've died of dehydration before.

Archived