Sign in to follow this  
madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I just started using NitroGen for rwg and I highly recommend it. You get to choose options like number of lakes, rivers, towns, size of cities, smoothness of terrain, etc. The maps are so much more interesting than vanilla 7DTD. Hats off to Damocles!

Agreed, the tool is amazing. Damocles, you are THE man.

RWG is my biggest issue with A17, even after the improvements. Damocles saved me from shelving the game until A18.

Thank you Damocles.

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

After checking out that utility and creating a few 16K maps, I'm now tempted to wipe one of my servers just to play a new map before A18 comes out.

I just started using NitroGen for rwg and I highly recommend it. You get to choose options like number of lakes, rivers, towns, size of cities, smoothness of terrain, etc. The maps are so much more interesting than vanilla 7DTD. Hats off to Damocles!

What is this tool that youall are talking about?

TFP, MM or rolland just curious as to whether the A18 experimental will be released to the streamers this time. I quite enjoyed watching them play.

Thanks for appreciating Nitrogen. I see it as and alternative to the included RWG.

The RWG needs to be a "seed and size" generator for practical purposes.

NitroGen can offer an alternative approach to generating custom maps for more experienced users and server operators, that can use a full range of custom optimizations.

I also think its a good way to assure that the Fun Pimps will put a lot of effort into the next iteration of RWG ....

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

in a max fox voice impersinating madmole look at those textures aren't they grand? :p

@Madmole

What plans do you have long-term for infection? I think it has potential to be a linchpin in this game and I imagine you and the other devs have thought the same. Significant progressive debuffs in line with slowly becoming a zombie (less intelligent, less agility, less perception, but perhaps more fortitude and strength), cool signs that you're "turning" like an increasing frequency of moans and zombie grunts, maybe an animation like when you first spawn in the world and look at your hands but this time they're starting to decay, if you don't cure yourself in time you die and watch an animation of your character writhing on the ground, fully turning, and then standing up to shuffle away as a new member of the undead.

Some of the above? All the above? More that I haven't even thought of? PLEASE tell me infection won't just be a simple debuff but y'all want to create some visceral pressure that the character is really turning into a zombie and antibiotics need to be found & used ASAP!

What are the odds we can get some more room to work before hitting bedrock in A18?

You are shorting us like 50+ blocks of digging room, having bedrock at +3 makes the ores are too scarce.

Q&A stream with Joel, Rick and FubarPrime in case people missed it.

You guys! It's faatal's face! SEAN. Wowe.

I wish someone would post a summary. I can't get twitch to play the damn thing.

I wish someone would post a summary. I can't get twitch to play the damn thing.

I can but it didn't help me. The sound is as if they are speaking through a 10 meter long tube.

• Like 1

The glancing blow system sounds awesome. When Kinyajfusrtpoeqx was talking about how the sledge will AOE damage now, I was like "hell ya!".

Your new office looks good Pimps. Thanks for the stream, keep up the good work.

I had no real issues watching the stream and it was awesome being able to hear more of what is going on. I must admit I have put in very little time into A17 but am looking forward to putting in 100's of hours into A18. Just saying keep up the great work and please bring out the 7DT7 coffee mugs soon. I want!

What about adding a Water Tank trailer that can attach to the 4x4 to haul more water and Water Catchers for rain water like in Rust

Well, had a second watch on the twitch stream from you guys, this time not on my phone while going to work.

First : have your best time doing your new office your second home, have your best moments there boys.

Second : I really love the guitar touch, keep it on every video. (btw ..guitar brand and model ? )

Offtopic : the stuff you told us about the future of the game..*fistbump*

Kin ! - You are the man !

there is always the brite side to look at this...

everyone that did see the twitch video got to see it before millions of others... so there... now they are privileged again. :)

plus it gives the critics time to express their dislikes as well.

You do realize that twitch saves the VOD right ?

So Alpha 18 - new graphic textures or the same white washed blocks ?

Good stream BTW - Joel’s looking ripped

Edited by xXC.H.U.DXx
Shout out (see edit history)

I enjoyed that, and the A18 changes sound good. (Pity other NPCs won't be until later, but what can you do.)

One thing I did not like hearing about, is that the devs put in 50+ hours per week, up to 70 before A17 dropped. That's "crunch" and it's not good. People need a work/life balance. We can all wait another couple of weeks for the next alpha.