Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I don’t like the idea of animals coming at you after stockpiling meat. It just equals more meat.

Just make it, its own mechanic. Like: 'foodHeatMap'.

That way, they can isolate it to only happen once every week or so, and not affect the 'heatMap' that calls in the screamers.

Also add in a chance for zombie bears and the zombie dogs as well.

@Madmole

Well you could do it like you described now, have the torch grow into an air block over time like crops grow into a new block. I'm talking about item degradation, so a helmet light wears out x% every game hour or whatever.

This might be a good use for those flashlights that have a limited purpose. Headlight runs out and needs a flashlight (battery from it) to "refuel" it. If that makes sense.

I see. That answers nothing though as it is only a superficial test.

What about 5 mother lode and no miner 69r vs all maxed out? That is the basic problem about yield. The yield was always consistent at the same level, but if the bug IS NOT fixed then with miner at 0 points and mother lode at 5 you would get better yield than with both maxed.

Deeper bug than it is thought. It affects gameplay on a huge level specially at middle to late game when you begin to pile up a little something.

I apologize if I opened yet another can of worms. My passion for this product sometimes shows. From time to time I choose to completely ignore your (madmole) life advice and think "screw that, Instead of gym I also do protein and 10 hours a day of 7dtd until I fall asslep and get up to work next day running from an imaginary dog no coffee involved lol". Based on a true story from last sunday.

So you want me to give you the numbers with no perks and the same 3 tests?

Of course not! Just saying... dig deeper and I suspect you'll find same old same old. Stating something out of trust doesn't make it true. You seemed pretty sure of the fix. I calling BS, that's all.

Of course not! Just saying... dig deeper and I suspect you'll find same old same old. Stating something out of trust doesn't make it true. You seemed pretty sure of the fix. I calling BS, that's all.

How bout u accept the fact that u wont believe him no matter what he says and drop it.

That is just being smart or taking precautions.

True, but now I'll be able to drop a turret - the rebar was just passive, it forced the zombie to make noise before it could get to me, now I've got a shiny new toy that'll go all whoop-ass on that Zeek! :-) Love it.

Just do not do a Death Penalty like the original EverQuest had back in the day or people would rage quit and cry!

After level 10 , if you died you lost like 25% of your experience...you could lose a level you just gained...die multiple times

and you would lose levels and the spells/abilities gained...and back in the day ALL of your gear was on your corpse and you had to go retrieve it! (made those planar raids so much more fun if the whole raid died! lol)

Of course they had necro's could track and summon other players corpses and clerics could rez you for a certain amount of exps

back based on their level , up to 90% returned at max level...they used to make a fortune traveling around rezzing people...and people

paid it...because at high levels you were looking at long hours , even days of exps lost otherwise!

Omg. I miss those days of EQ. My crappy little guild decided we could handle Plane of Fear. NINE HOURS later another guild took pitty on us and helped us finally get our corpses back. Good times. Lol

Agreed.. I used to drop a wooden Spike trap until I realized that I had to chop them up and tell every Zed in the area that diner was coming

Doh!

- - - Updated - - -

Omg. I miss those days of EQ. My crappy little guild decided we could handle Plane of Fear. NINE HOURS later another guild took pitty on us and helped us finally get our corpses back. Good times. Lol

I remember those days.. and the watch of Zone chat for the "TRAIN TO ZONE" warnings hehe

How bout u accept the fact that u wont believe him no matter what he says and drop it.

That is not true. I mean no disrespect, but knowing what I know about the system itself, saying with such centainty that is fixed is a bad card to play. THERE IS one thing that will put me to rest. And that's Madmole saying:

I spent just 5 minutes testing the system and did just this little thing:

1- Full motherlode and NO miner69r and saw the results with the yield of say stoneaxe and pickaxe vs rock

Then we will see if the thing yields 110 or (if it is not fixed) more than 110.

Why am I being so pushy? because I know the system and I know that really fixing it would take a good amount of time .

Just a concerned citizen. And an expectating one.

@madmole

Is there anything that you've hidden like previous alphas? Not to be revealed until we get our hands on experimental?

More like forgotten. Sometimes things change and the author doesn't add it to the change notes and so its undocumented.

That is not true. I mean no disrespect, but knowing what I know about the system itself, saying with such centainty that is fixed is a bad card to play. THERE IS one thing that will put me to rest. And that's Madmole saying:

1- Full motherlode and NO miner69r and saw the results with the yield of say stoneaxe and pickaxe vs rock

Why am I being so pushy? because I know the system and I know that really fixing it would take a good amount of time .

Lol. You, me, and everyone else on here knows perfectly well that even that wouldn't convince you. If that procedure was exactly what MM said he did you would've just come up with a different test.

More like forgotten. Sometimes things change and the author doesn't add it to the change notes and so its undocumented.

but if you tell all.. then they will have no secrets to discover! :)

just dont tell them about the wrench, the perk and the landmine sub-game... (yet) :)

Well WTF man, I went out of my way and gave you the test results I saw and your trying to call us liars? If you can't tell me exactly what steps to take to verify that its fixed then how can you sit there and call BS? Do you not want the results of a stone axe with no perks?

This is all you had to say in the first place, not act like we're liars. I'll get you those results in a minute.

It's Miner 69'er I was more concerned about.

I was thinking that a fair test would be harvest a boulder with a stone axe no perks. Then harvest a boulder with first level of Miner 69'er and then harvest a boulder with 2nd level of Miner 69'er.

To me, each level up should get you more resources or at least same amount each time but with fewer hits. From what I recall is as I leveled up in Miner 69'er it took less hits to harvest a full boulder but I ended up with less stone. If it is fixed in A18 then that is great.

I may start a fresh vanilla game (A17,4 ofc) just to be totally sure.

Without using console or anything to level up faster so it can't skew the results somehow. May take a while :)

People might cry about being gimped and have no incentive to proceed with that. I played a Fallout death alternative mod that was kind of interesting, it took your attributes away like we do, but you earned them back with xp. So the sooner you got off your ass and got some action in, you restored your attributes, kind of simulating getting better from an illness once you get out of bed and start acting normal, you start feeling normal. So rather than wait it out, you got rid of it by doing stuff, which is probably better than a timer.

The thing is, if we keep spinning circles redesigning everything constantly, we'll never make any real headway on bandits and lots of people probably think the death penalty is just fine. Its old to you and me, so changing it sounds enticing but often you can get into a loop of tweaking things constantly and not make any real progress and the solution is to just step away. I burn out on Skyrim and no mod can fix it, only time spent away.

I say, just stop dying then you won't even think about it.

What I wouldn't mind added is if your XP to next level meter dropped down to 0... making it take longer to get that next perk point... because you are unworthy of getting it. The other stuff that comes with death right now doesn't matter much, just some short moment of struggle. In higher levels, it would be a serious blow to take if you were close to your next point.

Mining test:

No perks stone axe: 55 stone

All perks stone axe: 110 stone

No perks steel pickaxe: 55 stone

All perks steel pickaxe: 110 stone

No perks steel pickaxe with iron buster mod: 55 stone

Harvest bonus is 100% more with 5 ranks of mother lode so its working perfectly.

I say, just stop dying then you won't even think about it.

What I wouldn't mind added is if your XP to next level meter dropped down to 0... making it take longer to get that next perk point... because you are unworthy of getting it. The other stuff that comes with death right now doesn't matter much, just some short moment of struggle. In higher levels, it would be a serious blow to take if you were close to your next point.

Yeah something like this is a real loss and no incentive to go afk. The amount of loss varies like if your 1% to the next level at level 1 it doesn't really matter at all, but if your level 190 and an 99% to level 191 it might take some hours to recoup that lost XP. I'd still do some other debuffs though that you can take a vitamin to get rid of faster.

Yeah something like this is a real loss and no incentive to go afk. The amount of loss varies like if your 1% to the next level at level 1 it doesn't really matter at all, but if your level 190 and an 99% to level 191 it might take some hours to recoup that lost XP. I'd still do some other debuffs though that you can take a vitamin to get rid of faster.

Yeah, I like the vitamin idea. Brings some more value to the vitamins like during the wellness days.

Mining test:

No perks stone axe: 55 stone

All perks stone axe: 110 stone

No perks steel pickaxe: 55 stone

All perks steel pickaxe: 110 stone

No perks steel pickaxe with iron buster mod: 55 stone

Harvest bonus is 100% more with 5 ranks of mother lode so its working perfectly.

Oh, no. I'm so sorry and I'm crying inside for the amount of effort put into this for nothing. You didnt understand me. And it appears you didn't understand the bug. Just what I thought. Please read this calmly and with no hard feelings.

That yield you just showed is exactly the same as in a17 (It is something very similar indeed) and in 17 works just as good .

The problem is full motherlode/no miner69 vs full mother/full miner69r

I'll repeat it slowly, I dont mean to hurt anyone's feelings:

FULL MOTHERLODE FULL MINER69R: 110 STONE

FULL MOTHERLODE NO MINER69R: MORE THAN 110 stone . BUG!!

The only thing I asked for was that. NOt 6 tests, just 1: FULL motherlode with EVERYTHING ELSE AT 0 POINTS and try the tools.

You didnt. Im not at peace, but I'll drop the subject for sanity if you command it.

EDIT: The Iron buster mod is probably a hint that it might be fixed , though an inconclusive one.

The problem in a17 is WITH MORE BLOCK DAMAGE PERKS YIELDS LESS resources , and WITH NO BLOCK DAMAGE PERKS YIELDS MORE resources.

This is all you had to say in the first place, not act like we're liars. I'll get you those results in a minute.

I guess it can be seen that way. The Fun Pimps are no liars. I just believe you (personally) just speak from the heart and from a trusty perspective sometimes and don't look deep enough on some systems due to the ton of work you have in hands. I just want to help and some words get lost in traslation as I'm not native. Sorry that.

Archived