Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Any chance that penetration could apply to wood/thin metal as well?

I'd like to see that applied to all materials. It would allow you to shoot zombies through a wooden door while they're battering it down.

It shouldn't take a hell of a lot of extra calculation, you're already casting a ray.

Can you make Shale discoverable in more than just the desert?

The USA does not mine Shale/Oil from Desert so why is it only in the desert? we use to find it in the Burnt Biome as well.

I can find you Geologist who will tell you under snow/water/any part of the world contains oil.

Bonus: add a "fracking" mod so I can double the output :)

No idea what you are talking about. Go harvest something and see what you get is what I'm saying. Experiment, not get a magic menu that tells you what you might harvest. Just harvest it and LBD.

If we have a perk that allows us to demine different anti-personnel mines, then how do we know what we can do? We will need to explode on each mine in order to understand that we do not know how to do this? Or will we never be able to clear mines?

@Madmole, a consultation, last night we played with my friends and I arrived on the 7th, my configuration was 64 zombies on the horde night and I played 120 minutes a day, the zombies attacked us all together, but by 11:10 PM I do not attack any, they just came, is this normal? game from alpha 14, I do not remember that it was like this, is there any mod or configuration for the zombiez to attack until 04:00 am? in the Alpha 18 this would remain the same?

Yeah that doesn't work for me, it would have to for sure link you to the next trader not the same one possibly again.

I don't see a problem with this, getting a guaranteed new one makes finding traders trivial, this way it is a small mini-game or puzzle. It is the players job to go far enough away from his current trader.

If you don't believe me, believe yourself:

Experiment, not get a magic menu that tells you what ...
:cocksure:

I agree, but the downfall is in the situation where a Feral Wight is down on the ground and you absolutely need to bludgeon its head NOW and the game assumes that you are probably just trying to harvest plant fibers. This is very immersion breaking and frustrating (a sledgehammer power attack especially so).

It would be ideal if the engine could somehow determine the likely intended target from the enemy proximity or something like that.

The penetrator perk is in. It allows snipers to shoot through targets.

So perhaps a viable solution /mechanic now exists that could be adapted to resolve the problem of a stray blade of grass sticking through a zed's head after knocking him to the ground, shielding him from any melee attacks

I think that got shot down before, but how about something like the Paragon-System of Diablo3? After you reach the Soft Cap E.G. 100, there could be really small rewards for each new level, unlimeted. Like: Reaching Level 101: +0.1% Runspeed, Level 102: + 1 Hitpoint etc.

Would serve the longtime motivation of Mulitiplayer Gamers. Those Map Cycles take up to 4-6 Months where "Pro" Gamers were pretty fast 200 (current max level)

- - - Updated - - -

WOHOOOO ! Never thought it was possible with this engine or what its called. Bullet penetration sure is amazing and opens very great possibilities in Defending etc. Thanks!

You can even shoot through soft walls, but I imagine some people will be calling hax.

Can you make Shale discoverable in more than just the desert?

The USA does not mine Shale/Oil from Desert so why is it only in the desert? we use to find it in the Burnt Biome as well.

I can find you Geologist who will tell you under snow/water/any part of the world contains oil.

Bonus: add a "fracking" mod so I can double the output :)

I'm torn on that, needing a specific resource in a specific biome gives you reason to travel and find that particular biome. I found no lakes so I had to spend a full day finding a snow biome for water, and it felt rewarding when I did. Until then, I couldn't waste any water on glue.

I'm torn on that, needing a specific resource in a specific biome gives you reason to travel and find that particular biome. I found no lakes so I had to spend a full day finding a snow biome for water, and it felt rewarding when I did. Until then, I couldn't waste any water on glue.

So I see your point. it only became an issue when we started a PVP in the South and PVE in the North with a map that had Desert only in the far south.

I guess I will have to trade Snow for Shale at the Border :)

It has SO much freedom compared to 17, I think you will love it.

The penetrator perk is in. It allows snipers to shoot through targets. So lining up several targets and killing several with one shot is possible. The magnum has collector perk (find all 7) that does the same thing but only 3 not 5. Its so much fun now lining up several zombies and knocking them on their ass with a single shot. There is an enforcer book that also does double damage on the last round. Did I fire five shots or 6? well the last shot does double damage so its epic. Risky too because the only way to get that double damage last shot with the 44 is to shoot 5 first and only have one left.

Could you add the penetrator perk for Bows? That would help make it viable on later game stages.

You can even shoot through soft walls, but I imagine some people will be calling hax.

I like this a lot.

I don't think the screams of haxxor will be that great if you make it clear in the description. COD already has this mechanic the last time I checked which has already got people used to the idea.

There may be calls of OP with some merit to them but I'd like to see the the ability to shoot through a wooden fence with a gun as a standard thing for everyone and greater depths of penetration reserved for perks.

If we have a perk that allows us to demine different anti-personnel mines, then how do we know what we can do? We will need to explode on each mine in order to understand that we do not know how to do this? Or will we never be able to clear mines?

You shoot mines with something to get rid of it. Maybe down the road demo expert can deactivate them.

@Madmole, a consultation, last night we played with my friends and I arrived on the 7th, my configuration was 64 zombies on the horde night and I played 120 minutes a day, the zombies attacked us all together, but by 11:10 PM I do not attack any, they just came, is this normal? game from alpha 14, I do not remember that it was like this, is there any mod or configuration for the zombiez to attack until 04:00 am? in the Alpha 18 this would remain the same?

You have a total amount of zombies that are going to come to you based on your game stage. If you kill all of them by 11:10, then you are done for the night. The 64 zombies just means that many can be spawned right away instead of spoon feeding you 8 at a time, which would make it to on longer, but more right away. Once you hit a later game stage you should have zombies spawning for longer and maybe all night.

I don't see a problem with this, getting a guaranteed new one makes finding traders trivial, this way it is a small mini-game or puzzle. It is the players job to go far enough away from his current trader.

If you don't believe me, believe yourself:

:cocksure:

My problem is that it feel like a bug. Who wants to do a quest that leads to the same trader? And would you get XP for completing it? Kind of silly. We'll just do it right, where the trader will tell you he's out of work right now but heard bob could use some help, I'll mark his location on your map or it starts another quest called find Trader Bob, etc.

So perhaps a viable solution /mechanic now exists that could be adapted to resolve the problem of a stray blade of grass sticking through a zed's head after knocking him to the ground, shielding him from any melee attacks

Rays cannot hit grass if an entity is in your crosshair.

So I see your point. it only became an issue when we started a PVP in the South and PVE in the North with a map that had Desert only in the far south.

I guess I will have to trade Snow for Shale at the Border :)

Or tunnel in north of the border and "borrow" some resources :)

Could you add the penetrator perk for Bows? That would help make it viable on later game stages.

No it only works on rays not projectiles and I can't see an arrow going straight through several targets. Its intended use is for snipers.

My problem is that it feel like a bug. Who wants to do a quest that leads to the same trader? And would you get XP for completing it? Kind of silly. We'll just do it right, where the trader will tell you he's out of work right now but heard bob could use some help, I'll mark his location on your map or it starts another quest called find Trader Bob, etc.

You don't get xp, you just get the nearest trader.

...if the nearest is the same one, that's on the player for not exploring.

I'd argue that telling him where a DIFFERENT trader is, will further limit exploration because they would always know exactly where to go.

It has SO much freedom compared to 17, I think you will love it.

The penetrator perk is in. It allows snipers to shoot through targets. So lining up several targets and killing several with one shot is possible. The magnum has collector perk (find all 7) that does the same thing but only 3 not 5. Its so much fun now lining up several zombies and knocking them on their ass with a single shot. There is an enforcer book that also does double damage on the last round. Did I fire five shots or 6? well the last shot does double damage so its epic. Risky too because the only way to get that double damage last shot with the 44 is to shoot 5 first and only have one left.

This sounds awesome to me. MM, thank you so much for all of the participation. Am so looking forward to A18.

Archived