Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

It was based off of the SIG -716, but its got the post apocalyptic add ons, like a jack stand end for the stock.

Woo that sounds exciting hahaha, God thank you very much for adding that new weapon was everything we asked for what the lovers of the shots, when we can see the sketch?

then SIG -716 new weapon confirmed for A18 (can be added to the first post?) Thank you very much for listening to the community, they are great !!

This game has superseded Minecraft in many ways but there are still some cool things that Minecraft does that would be fun in this game-- especially if Pimped.

From just a "let's leverage voxel technology" perspective some things that Minecraft currently does better is:

Water and Submerged POIs

Environmental Hazards like underground pockets of water and lava and cave-in blocks like gravel and sand

Underground POI's like mineshafts and ruins.

Natural caverns and chasms with ore veins exposed

Biome Diversity

Frozen Water Blocks (Ice on the surface of ponds and rivers)

I think because of structural integrity and gravity which are properties absent in Minecraft it makes doing some of this stuff much more difficult than what the Minecraft programmers have to deal with but if possible it would be cool to see in this game someday.

Grass should be visible to weapons, but it should be invisible when placing new blocks. This way you could easily replace a Grass block, with say, a concrete one, without needing to destroy the grass first.

LOL have you played the game or is it still in your wish list? Its been that way since A2 or so.

It is necessary to destroy the grass to put the block. I, too, meet similar in A17.

(it's probably this is one of some type of grassblocks).

For some reason the most exciting thing in A18 for me, is the random weapon stats and books. I guess I just love to loot.

@Madmole, Any plan on making more books after A18 or is this system complete in your eyes?

Also, nice work on the mining helmet, that thing was just too good.

I'm open to make new ones if there seems like a full set of 7 with a complete bonus. The criteria is "my role play got left behind" and or "This weapon got forgotten".

Woo that sounds exciting hahaha, God thank you very much for adding that new weapon was everything we asked for what the lovers of the shots, when we can see the sketch?

then SIG -716 new weapon confirmed for A18 (can be added to the first post?) Thank you very much for listening to the community, they are great !!

Don't get too excited. Madmole said that "it" (presumably some gun already mentioned) "was based off of" the SIG-716. He wasn't announcing the SIG-716 as an additional new gun. The complete weapon list is on the front page. Those are the weapons of A18 and from what I gathered from his answer one of those was based off of the SIG-716.

Don't get too excited. Madmole said that "it" (presumably some gun already mentioned) "was based off of" the SIG-716. He wasn't announcing the SIG-716 as an additional new gun. The complete weapon list is on the front page. Those are the weapons of A18 and from what I gathered from his answer one of those was based off of the SIG-716.

Do not break my heart Roland, then it will be the M60 I do not see another shotgun other than the double-barreled shotgun, you broke my heart Roland :violin:

(titanic music)

Do not break my heart Roland, then it will be the M60 I do not see another shotgun other than the double-barreled shotgun, you broke my heart Roland :violin:

(titanic music)

Maybe he is talking about a gun that is coming in A19. Or I could be wrong. Just wait for him to clarify before telling all your friends that the SIG-716 is a new gun planned for A18.

Madmole, what are the chances of us getting something like a mine cart to zip around in my mines like in minecraft? Possibly having storage for rock and other resources as well. Thanks MM.

None for now, but I'd like to see some kind of platform track you could lay and mount platforms on. But its not even on the roadmap, so no promises. Maybe when we get into some quality of life mods.

probably 0-ish.

It would be affected the same way NPC Companions have gotten dismissed: Way to costly Performance and trouble with pathing in a fully destructible world.

No I don't think this has anything to do with costs, its a matter of time and priorities and does it fit into a post apocalypse? I havne't seen them mine or craft rail roads in TWD.

Swimming

Jungles

Abandoned mineshafts

Boats

Minecarts

Offhand system

Raids (probably how bandits will work)

Elytra (Glider)

Buildable companions (Don't know if that would fit but it's cool)

Villagers (White River Settlement?)

Crossbow loaded with Fireworks (make it possible to shoot explosives with the Bow or Crossbow? Don't know about this one)

Edit:Oh, yeah, madmole, also mention lockpicking in the OP.

Whats up with these raids in minecraft? I killed some noisy jerk outside, then 3 guys with a banner came, I rekt them and now I have some icon on my screen. Will they come back with their buddies now? What does it mean?

We have abandoned mine pois now, jungles don't fit our az theme, boats are out until we solve water, glider, meh we have gyro, iron man flying seems unfitting as cool as I'd love it, companions no until perf is better, villagers yes at the settlements.

Crossbow loaded with Fireworks (make it possible to shoot explosives with the Bow or Crossbow? Don't know about this one)

I think this is already in 7D2D, explosive crossbow bolts - assuming the MC fireworks are what I think they are (I've only seen playthroughs).

No we have too much to do so I want to wait on it for A19.

It is necessary to destroy the grass to put the block. I, too, meet similar in A17.

(it's probably this is one of some type of grassblocks).

No I tested it, and the block destroys the grass when you place it. If you can't place it, its NOT grass. Probably a small tree or bush you guys are talking about.

I wouldn't doubt that later additions to Minecraft were influenced by 7 days to die as well.

Well yeah I think everyone in the same or similar genres influences everyone. I'm pretty sure we got recipe crafting in before they did, and they have these villagers (wandering hordes) that we did first. I'm sure I'll notice other stuff as I play it.

Archived