Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

What about a "skip tutorial yes/no" popup that will give you the points and trader location on clicking "yes"?

Though, you work to make is shorter is very welcome, thank you.

Why? Who doesn't need a club, bow, bedroll and plant fiber pants and campfire? The only non essential thing is crafting one frame and upgrading it.

I never nerdpole, I just make ladders. Especially with the stamina drain and noise it makes to jump I just find it easier. Just put a hatch on top and it's zombie proofed.

You can't take your ladder with you so its a waste of wood. We've had in depth discussions before we're not removing nerd polling. All it would do is make players find another way which is no different. More realistic perhaps but at the end of the day they will just place frames as stairs. Players are landing heli's on roofs and getting the loot too. Once we get POI turrets that crap will stop.

I think nerdpolling is essential to build bases, maybe they can tie the loot you find in the final "loot room" to how many zombies you cleared or passed in stealth mode.

Either way, if you do nerdpolling to get to the loot room (If it is at the top of the dungeon) you're taking away the fun to the dungeon design (which is amazing) and loosing level and other loot in the process.

Yeah we talked about some mid way decent loot too so its not all on the roof.

I will be able to answer your question when you tell me the reason for removing backward running.

I'd like to play without the forbidden backward running because i play with running zombies.

Let "disable backward running" - will mod.

Because nobody can sprint backwards and zombies could never even have a chance of catching you.

Exactly. It would slow people down about .01% throughout the course of their game.

Not to mention how else would you get to the top of a tree or cliff edge with a Supply Crate too high up to grab? Ladders have its uses but I'm not gonna spend too long trying to get it cos of RNG, simplest method still works.

Disease needs a full design. Something like what we used to have.

I think it works off of a percentage so if your x percent hungry its going to behave the same. You can hold more food and stuff so its not as fast. It sounds like you need slow metabolism.

Thanks for the disease , I thought I would never said it outloud.

As for the metabolism, oh yes I have it. Full 3 points and I get orange thirst icon in the 75s. And food in the 50s (or was it with no metabolism?Idr). Though the whole system seems confusing to the point that I would say it starts showing the orange water icon at 100. Either way, I seem to be whining about it because it feels weird and not fulfilling. (Get it? , fulfilling lol).

Thanks for having the stomach to answer us.

Thanks for the disease , I thought I would never said it outloud.

As for the metabolism, oh yes I have it. Full 3 points and I get orange thirst icon in the 75s. And food in the 50s (or was it with no metabolism?Idr). Though the whole system seems confusing to the point that I would say it starts showing the orange water icon at 100. Either way, I seem to be whining about it because it feels weird and not fulfilling. (Get it? , fulfilling lol).

Thanks for having the stomach to answer us.

That's a lot of puns to.... digest.

Are you saying that because you disagree with past changes, new change suggestions cannot be discussed? Make a different thread to discuss past changes.

I want to say that the reasons they have about the same.

I wasn't going to discuss anything - I suggested an idea, just like you all here. But for some reason you started the discussion. Bias? ;)

Exactly. It would slow people down about .01% throughout the course of their game.

these 0.01% only for those who are fighting with the walking and creeping zed.

Those who play with "always running" - is exploit, which reduces the threat of.

Because nobody can sprint backwards and zombies could never even have a chance of catching you.

Strong argument.

But what about the tons of concrete in the backpack?

Then try in reality to put the cube 1x1m under themselves.

Well, no - so no... for some reason i already guessed ;)

I don't like the restriction backward running - it reduces the dynamics of the battle and gives a sense of viscosity of the fight.

And they can't catch me because they'll jump out the window for some reason.

Let's see...

[video=youtube_share;A1-LFgwdTXI]

Guy in this video HAS:

tgWmqjN.gif Big muscles

tgWmqjN.gif Big beard

tgWmqjN.gif Ability to sprint backwards

That was a sprint? Why was he considerably faster while running forward?

Let's see him sprint backwards over uneven ground with rocks, brush and trees - while shooting a bow or swinging a club at an enemy. Then you'll have yourself a valid argument that still won't matter in TFP's opinion of how they want the moving backwards to work.

That was a sprint? Why was he considerably faster while running forward?

Let's see him sprint backwards over uneven ground with rocks, brush and trees - while shooting a bow or swinging a club at an enemy. Then you'll have yourself a valid argument that still won't matter in TFP's opinion of how they want the moving backwards to work.

more of a jog speed then a sprint

The point is that you can run backwards, it is possible, it's called retro-running or just running backwards and it's an actual thing in the sport. However, I do admit that you would probably never see anyone do that while fighting zombies. I don't know why, maybe it's due to the lack of zombies in real world, who knows? ...

Anyway, here's another

who can run backwards even faster, for those who are interested...

I hope to bring back the resource piles and they will lead right to the vein. No more dirt sampling. What you see is what you get.

So gravel is being removed entirely?

Wouldn't that remove a source of danger from an activity that has precious few of those already? Cave-ins are about the only real underground threat even with zombies able to pop your hatches and follow you into the mine. You can hear a zombie banging on the hatch but cave-ins are often a surprise.

Why? Who doesn't need a club, bow, bedroll and plant fiber pants and campfire? The only non essential thing is crafting one frame and upgrading it.

they can use the wood frame and make a few extra for nerd polling later... :) but seriously... some people do not know how to do these things... so those who want, well they can drop the first quest and miss out on the points. but the newbie will be glad to have them. :)

Let's see...

[video=youtube_share;A1-LFgwdTXI]

Guy in this video HAS:

tgWmqjN.gif Big muscles

tgWmqjN.gif Big beard

tgWmqjN.gif Ability to sprint backwards

Yeah I could power walk forward faster than that. We tried making combat more challenging and like other shooters. They simply don't let you strafe or backpedal 100% speed. We're very forgiving, it should be slower than it is. Its way too easy to avoid getting hit.

Why are you discussing the impossibility of running in real life, what does this have to do with the game?

As soon as it will concern your interests - you will speak about it on another at once.

This is subjectivity.

And not the ability to recognize it - one-sided thinking.

Thus, you will not be able to reach a compromise in the implementation of the final direction.

(It's not for MM)

these 0.01% only for those who are fighting with the walking and creeping zed.

Those who play with "always running" - is salvation, which reduces the threat of.

Change the default game because you want to play an extreme way? How about you just play what you can actually handle instead of asking for changes to make the game easier on a harder difficulty setting. Facepalm.

So gravel is being removed entirely?

Wouldn't that remove a source of danger from an activity that has precious few of those already? Cave-ins are about the only real underground threat even with zombies able to pop your hatches and follow you into the mine. You can hear a zombie banging on the hatch but cave-ins are often a surprise.

As I said we can add a loose stone in there, its more of a texture restriction. Gravel will be on roads. Anyhow, we're trying a few things out I'm sure we'll get the best version of mining in a long time.

As I said we can add a loose stone in there, its more of a texture restriction. Gravel will be on roads. Anyhow, we're trying a few things out I'm sure we'll get the best version of mining in a long time.

Without some sort of visual cue the only way to tell would be to give it a test hit. By the time you've cleared a cavern you'll have the hp icon showing for every piece of normal rock in sight which will look horrible.

Maybe a colour tint for loose stone?

Change the default game because you want to play an extreme way? How about you just play what you can actually handle instead of asking for changes to make the game easier on a harder difficulty setting. Facepalm.

I'm not asking to make it easier than. In this case - on the contrary.

How could be? - as the prohibition of "nerdpoling" make the game easier than his presence(exploit)?

I talked about "nerdpoling" here:

"these 0.01% only for those who are fighting with the walking and creeping zed.

Those who play with "always running"(option of game) - ("nerdpoling") is salvation(as exploit), which reduces the threat of."

But...Well, no - so no...;) don't bother with discussions - answer other to "interesting" offers ;)

I thought it was a good idea for everyone...

made a mod that forbids to put a block if a player is not on the ground. This prevents attempts to climb up by placing the block under itself.

How about embedding this feature in the main game?

It changes nothing. Forcing the player to build 2 columns instead of 1 does not remove nerdpoling.

It was way back.. In like Alpha 15-16? I asked the same question. Was told it is unnaceptable because of some organisation that protects childerns rights.

And i think we are both scared of something else then, zombie child seems like much easier target in my eyes (weaker body construction and muscles)

These organisations are called governments. It is not that easy to ignore them.

Archived