Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Re-do then? I know you won't but it worth to try

Edit: The game is reaching a quality level that don't match (it is leaving behind) those animations anymore IMO.

I don't know what you are smoking, the mocap animations look amazing. To be clear, zombies are motion captured. Players are not. Are you talking about players? Animals perhaps? Those are not mocapped.

I don't know what you are smoking, the mocap animations look amazing. To be clear, zombies are motion captured. Players are not. Are you talking about players? Animals perhaps? Those are not mocapped.

Sorry, I'm delusional, I have fever. I was talking about everything, but the ones that bother me the most are the first person animations. (Reload/Shot/Melee attack/etc) They look rusty AF

Edit: Maybe add a better "running with a gun in your hand animation" Right now you go running at full speed always aiming your gun like John Wayne

Edit Again: Imagine how bad it'll look running while aiming with a M60 in your hands.

"the mocap animations look amazing" :doh: ...

...more just fear such answers from you...

I think everyone's talking about transitions between animations. Don't you suspectthat yourself?

So who exactly is "rigging" zombies with explosives?!?

Or me , using the blast light to search for an exit from a POI in the middle of the night, with forgotten torch in the base or no mining helmet and mistakenly scraping a flashlight. Hell of a fun. We do survive here.

Sorry, I'm delusional, I have fever. I was talking about everything, but the ones that bother me the most are the first person animations. (Reload/Shot/Melee attack/etc) They look rusty AF

Edit: Maybe add a better "running with a gun in your hand animation" Right now you go running at full speed always aiming your gun like John Wayne

Edit Again: Imagine how bad it'll look running while aiming with a M60 in your hands.

Ok none of those are motion captured, and typically aren't, those are always key frame hand animated. Brian will blow your mind he's amazing.

I like where you're going with this, but you might have to rename it, never know what would show up from the red light district, right?

So I as just perusing the cons out there that tfp would be a good fit at...

...there are really quite a lot of crappy cons out there... Mostly anime ones to give people excuses to cosplay, but not a lot of serious cons that a reputable vendor would want to show their wares at.

Sad.

He was a demolitions expert soldier before he turned.

I really hate to bother. Though would it be too much to ask to have the damage of the explosion from the upcoming Demolisher be a modifiable integer?

I strongly believe much fun can be had with both your vision of how much damage the explosion should do. As well as my miniature nuke level of explosions of a simple modded tweak.

You guys asking to see stuff you should know its basically nothing then content overload towards the end because everything typically wraps up at the end. Perks are about 98% done, books are about 50% done now. Still a lot of terrain textures to redo to work with the new splat map system, and lots of little details to do on the new weapons. I plan to be first testing maybe by the first of June and that will give me a full month to fix bugs and balance before experimental hits.

I really hate to bother. Though would it be too much to ask to have the damage of the explosion from the upcoming Demolisher be a modifiable integer?

I strongly believe much fun can be had with both your vision of how much damage the explosion should do. As well as my miniature nuke level of explosions of a simple modded tweak.

Of course it will be modifiable. Not sure if it will be an int or float though.

Archived