Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Great! Now I can throw my spear at Xerxes, rip those nasty ass rings of his cheek and die like a true of spartan.

Dude...Arlene's arms look a bit deformed don't you think?

The low poly is real from that angle.

Could just nuke the bow from the starter quest. Club is enough to get started. If that becomes a problem.

totally up for that... hell, you could just move it to a low newbie level quest offered from trader to follow the footsteps of Robin Hood.

The shorter the starter quest the better!

I would say make the starter quest completely optional and reform it into a longer tutorial questline and give people the chance to go straight to the whiteriver questline once the factions are in.

Instead of giving the quest outright the starting player could recieve a note or prompt and if he skips just gets the skills and can do his thing.

The current starter quest is a joke, it does not really help new players at all (they just rush ahead into trouble anyway and require a better kind of tutorial mission or map) and players that done a few games either ignore it or do a manditory chore to get their starting skillpoints.

I love command gfx pp enable 0 in A17.3 It was first time ever, when I have reached 79fps today. That game is awesome with high fps. I am running a server while we are playing with friends. I told them to also type the command to achive huge performance improvement, but there was information in the console, that their command is denied. It means that only server can type that command and it will affect all players on the server, or there should be different command for users on a server, or this is just a bug?

To be honest, all new players to the game that join my server do not do the starter quests unless an experienced player mentions that they should so they get the 4 points. I’m not against the starter quests but somehow the importance needs emphasized so new players ‘get it’. For experienced players, it takes not even 2 game hours to complete so insignificant to the game but, imo critical for new players.

A light-saber would be the Gentlemans choice.

Nothing says "gentleman" like dismembering your opponent with a hand-held industrial cutting tool while trying to subjugate their free will.

As an English gentleman that _does_ sound like a fine choice of civilized weaponry. :-)

I love command gfx pp enable 0 in A17.3 It was first time ever, when I have reached 79fps today. That game is awesome with high fps. I am running a server while we are playing with friends. I told them to also type the command to achive huge performance improvement, but there was information in the console, that their command is denied. It means that only server can type that command and it will affect all players on the server, or there should be different command for users on a server, or this is just a bug?

You have to give them permission to use the commands. There was a thread somewhere else that covered it.

Same. I like the Survival aspect, but I don't want that to be the core focus of the game. There are other survival games I would rather play if I wanted such a simulated life experience. The unique selling point of this game is freedom, fun, and voxels that don't look like ♥♥♥♥ minecraft graphics. 7 Days does this better than any other game.

you can build a castle by day 15 with concrete walls, electric fences and turrets and the problem here is that some of us ask to nerf food because the survival aspect is a joke and only lasts a few days?

Nothing can kill you with blue items.by day 30/35 you have a Jeep and thats It The Game ends. No reasons to explore..to have a bigger base.

i respect the arcade point of view but so many sistems rigth now are put in that way.

And yes. I play in dificult settins

Sorry for the inglish

Is it possible to rent survivors from the trader who will work for you for a few in game days to do tasks like work your forge or tend the garden? Would be a nice way to spend excess dukes since after a certain point they are well kinda useless.

That would be cool.. easy tasks with 0 pathing like using workstations or mounted turrets.they can do the hard work.

Is it possible to rent survivors from the trader who will work for you for a few in game days to do tasks like work your forge or tend the garden? Would be a nice way to spend excess dukes since after a certain point they are well kinda useless.

That would be cool.. easy tasks with 0 pathing like using workstations or mounted turrets.they can do the hard work.

I sense another “Get off your ass and do it instead of asking for features that will do it for you” remark brewing from the Mole... ;)

If the bandits are in, I could see the opportunity to use the ai and assets to simulate allied NPCs then, that hang out near your base as long as there is enough food and water in some "community chest".

There could also be player-placed defensive posts (as they did in Fallout 4) that the NPCs can man, and use long range attacks.

I don't know, some low-poly casings could do the trick. I mean we already have items that kind of have physics, they don't lag out the game. Maybe @faatal could give some insight if this is a realistic idea.

If you want to be simplistic, use one sphere collider per casing, they bounce a bit and then merge them together with close ones, so you only have a handful (5-10?) of active casings on the ground at any time. Move away or leave the area and they merge to one or get deleted. When you pick one up you get the total of all the casings merged into it.

Be a fair bit of work to setup this feature.

If you want to be simplistic, use one sphere collider per casing, they bounce a bit and then merge them together with close ones, so you only have a handful (5-10?) of active casings on the ground at any time. Move away or leave the area and they merge to one or get deleted. When you pick one up you get the total of all the casings merged into it.

Be a fair bit of work to setup this feature.

That sounds perfect. I understand it could take awhile, but I think it would look great.

Check this thread:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?117714-Type-quot-gfx-pp-enable-0-quot-in-the-console-for-a-huge-performance-boost&highlight=gfx+pp+enable

Especially when I don't know what species of bird it is that nests in such vast numbers in such a stupid place. It does explain why the wolves are so well fed and I can't find an egg to (literally) save my life though :-)

Chickens of course.

Out of curiosity, would it be a simple thing to track zombies by number remaining rather than showing them as blips on our radar during Clear quests? It makes no sense that we'd know how many there were, sure, but it makes little sense that we'd detect them exactly by mere proximity either, and having only a number builds tension since you no longer have a clue as to their location. If this would require more than a simple edit, then it's something I'll request for the future.

Archived