Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

The problem with straight line, is it is too simple. They would get stuck on blocks easily or drop right into holes.

I, personally, have no problem with some zombies getting stuck on blocks or drop into holes. :)

Maybe some zombies could have lighter calculations while others keep the full AI?

The thing about those comedies with political incorrectness is that they become satires of people in society who act and think that way.

I’ve heard things in the game, such as the zombie stripper and language, as being called “crass”.

I think the name of the perk, as well as the stripper, could fit in better if the game as a whole was given a complete feel of being crass, grody, gory, tasteless and politically incorrect. The comedy behind it would be better received. So I vote for more blood, gore, puke, swearing, nudes, dirtier toilets, chickens that run around for a little while after their heads are cut off, slaughterhouses, and a feeling that the game is trying to be offensive for as many people as possible.

The new lengthier perk descriptions offer a sense of progression where at the lower ranks they are a little demeaning and as you rank into adequate and awesome they depict a vibe of accomplishment or asskicking.

I feel that my questions were ignored :confused2:

(Sorry, my translator played me a trick hahaha)

Thing is, those features are way out of their league for A18, they are trying to ship the game. Later...who knows? Maybe they make a lot of DLC's with lots of new content.

Thing is, those features are way out of their league for A18, they are trying to ship the game. Later...who knows? Maybe they make a lot of DLC's with lots of new content.

Si eso entendi luego, es que le traductor me dijo " es el suelo del chulo" jajaja

ojala podamos tener algo de todo eso

If that understood then, is that the translator told me "is the floor of the pimp" hahaha

I wish we could have some of all th

The problem with straight line, is it is too simple. They would get stuck on blocks easily or drop right into holes. It needs to be pathing, but with some rules in place for limited distances, which is difficult for A*, since it checks every node for the best path and complicating that with more rules, slows it down. We will keep tweaking it.

I did make this change for A18:

Fixed SDTD-9737 Zombies don't remain in destruction mode long enough, prefer futile paths to player (AI falls will signal destroy if move pos was above, +5% chance to destroy).

How about some kind of waypoints pre established in the poi that in principle tell the zombies where to go.Players make their bases in pois and modify them..they put some blocks in the stairs and thats It. The path tender to remain intact.

Others make the clasic scuare with the ramp.maybe anothers blocks or entities needs to be a target for the zeds.you can't lure zombies with static objets.

I'm only offended when people mistreat rocks.

You mean like someone who would take a rock from its natural habitat and stick it behind glass somewhere, alone, in a large city or perhaps subject it to foul and devious experimentation?

Who would do such a thing? Who could be so cruel?

@madmole

What are the chances of allowing modders to have control over cops and when they explode through xml?

i am thinking like a kamikaze bomber run up and BOOM! Stompy used to have a mod like this back in A15 i believe.

And one more thing would it be possible to allow control of walking and run speeds through server config over ferals and radiated zombies.

I am getting a lot of complaints now on just a full default server being too hard for most players, mainly due to the run speed they have.

Also HOLY PRETZELS A17.3 is on the mark in all the years playing and hosting 7 days to die now scares me a lot great job i can't wait for the next patch.

The new lengthier perk descriptions offer a sense of progression where at the lower ranks they are a little demeaning and as you rank into adequate and awesome they depict a vibe of accomplishment or asskicking.

That's great! I wouldn't mind if it outright told me I suck.

And now for something completely different... I have a request to NOT fix a known bug. Trader Jen's voice. Since her voice change my brother and I have come to know and love her as trader Lola because "she walked like a woman but talked like a man." She's our favorite trader in both our solo and co-op games. If you have to do anything with her just change her name to Lola... but leave her voice the way it is please.

For those who don't catch the reference and are wondering "what the hell is he blathering on about" search YouTube for the song "Lola" by The Kinks. It's an old classic most of us older farts are familiar with.

You mean like someone who would take a rock from its natural habitat and stick it behind glass somewhere, alone, in a large city or perhaps subject it to foul and devious experimentation?

Who would do such a thing? Who could be so cruel?

He'd better not grind rocks into concrete mix then :)

@madmole

What are the chances of allowing modders to have control over cops and when they explode through xml?

i am thinking like a kamikaze bomber run up and BOOM! Stompy used to have a mod like this back in A15 i believe.

And one more thing would it be possible to allow control of walking and run speeds through server config over ferals and radiated zombies.

I am getting a lot of complaints now on just a full default server being too hard for most players, mainly due to the run speed they have.

Also HOLY PRETZELS A17.3 is on the mark in all the years playing and hosting 7 days to die now scares me a lot great job i can't wait for the next patch.

The new demolisher does just that.

Have you looked at the game options? There are loads of zombie run options.

Thats a good idea but too much scope for our goals.

Cool.

Are the Bandits likely going to work using XML so we can change what they target in the xml? For example, switching targeting player storage to targeting players. That might approximate a hit squad.

Archived