Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Hm, hordes are much more fun and sweat , I love it. Just had good 42th one too, all kinds of zeds, everywhere in my now poor concrete castle-shed, 16 set to spawn, SP, 120 min gameday.

Also, sky starts to become brighter outside irl. Morning guys. *passing out*

Hm, hordes are much more fun and sweat , I love it. Just had good 42th one too, all kinds of zeds, everywhere in my now poor concrete castle-shed, 16 set to spawn, SP, 120 min gameday.

Also, sky starts to become brighter outside irl. Morning guys. *passing out*

Well done. Well done. You have survived...

- - - Updated - - -

How about now?

Much better 😎👍

I'll start with the cons, or rather, that I did not like in alpha 18: 1 the most important thing is the effect of rage on zombies, why? We have ferals, I’m not saying that it’s difficult to survive, but it would be better if you had absolute randomness, for example, you go into the house to get loot and there will be feral with a small chance instead of the usual zombie, I think that ordinary zombies should not be dangerous, but starting from a crowd of 6 zombies and more is another matter, and I don’t like that they have a lot of damage on the blocks, I think it’s necessary to do the same as the player’s, but you can leave it with the tree or just a little decrease.And what I liked about A18 is the master keys, it’s really cool, you have to always flip up the menu as in all games and open the locks, and still have to break open the doors, the new M60 weapon is what you need for the horde, but it doesn’t need much remodeling to in life there were 200 rounds, sort of

Sounds like the new Micro Splat terrain shader we are using. It just does a lot more math for each rendered terrain pixel.

I made this change today, which should be in our next A18 experimental:

Added Terrain Quality video option (Lowest or Low switches to terrain shader variants with only Albedo/Alpha which renders much faster).

I will probably be doing some other tweaks too. Like terrain draw distance.

Sorry for sounding negative here but what good does that micro splat map bring to the table that forces a rather good gaming pc to it's knees?

(I'm genuinely curious, not just old and grumpy)

Hey everyone we're still fixing bugs and working on Alpha 17. But some of us (artists and world builders) are moving on to Alpha 18. That said, here are a few features I can confirm. We will update this post with more content as it comes. Alpha 17 took way too long. BUT, it was a huge framework build and now we are done changing major systems and done adding framework. From here forward its optimizations, bug fixes, polish, and new content, in that order of priority.

Can this please be updated? It bothers me a lot and seems like something that could easily be fixed. This is A18 not A17.

- - - Updated - - -

Ain't that a pretty sight?

QVFLClw.jpg

very nice

Can this please be updated? It bothers me a lot and seems like something that could easily be fixed. This is A18 not A17.

Of all the A17 hate this is the worst I’ve seen—wanting us to go back to March of this year and edit out all references to ever having been involved with A17 takes the cake. ;)

If you mean more on screen JaxTeller has a handy modlet for increasing wandering horde size. My hordes vary in size from 25 to 100.

If you meant variety... I'd imagine more will come in time.

Bingo,

I miss the Wandering Hordes of the Earlier Alphas & they were led by the new Spider Z...

Burn the Witch as she does not fit the Game Synopsis...

She's not a Z so burn her at the Pointy Stick...

Or make her look more like a Z...

She's a Witch & not a Z

We just had a 5 player night 28 BM and we were in the upper stories of the 6 floor apartment building on a tier V quest when it started. Building unreinforced, unfortified, un-everything. We all lived but it was apparently crazy down below. One of our players reported the center of the lower stories is pretty much not there anymore. Gutted like a pumpkin. Building is still standing for the most part. I didn't go look, I'll probably return in a day or two to get the other loot and see the carnage.

My framerate was all over the place, I was the host, partly due to the pathing and partly due to that building always killing framerate near the roof(s). I kind of missed out because I didn't dare try to navigate the ledges with FPS bouncing around from 30ish to single digits. I understand one player wound up down on the ground for part of it and another was sniping everything chasing him for around 5 minutes real time. Then the sniper fell off a ledge and wound up partway down the building, alive still at least.

I really enjoy taking a structure like that and doing BM hordes with it. So much better than the ridiculous player built tower defense structures we used to make. The added gamble the Z's won't manage to take out enough structure to bring the whole thing down adds to it.

Don't say its name! It's the alpha that shall not be spoken of; simply saying its name poisons the air around us.

I think LBD should come back, and zombies shouldn't be able to damage walls... uh oh, I think I got the infection from the poison...

Quick, you look like a wizard, cast a cure spell plz. I have 700 gold.

I think LBD should come back, and zombies shouldn't be able to damage walls... uh oh, I think I got the infection from the poison...

Quick, you look like a wizard, cast a cure spell plz. I have 700 gold.

Let me consult Sauron first. I'll get back to you on that one.

P.S. I'm an Istari, folk sent to your world to observe and aid when needed. Due to our appearances however, we're often confused with wizard-folk.

Let me consult Sauron first. I'll get back to you on that one.

P.S. I'm an Istari, folk sent to your world to observe and aid when needed. Due to our appearances however, we're often confused with wizard-folk.

Please tell Sauron I'm sorry for what I did last Tuesday. Snowdog coerced me to do it.

Hey, appearances are all that makes a wizard a wizard. This is a grand need for aid - the poison is rather contagious. The database had an error just now after I posted that I got the infection.

Please tell Sauron I'm sorry for what I did last Tuesday. Snowdog coerced me to do it.

Hey, appearances are all that makes a wizard a wizard. This is a grand need for aid - the poison is rather contagious. The database had an error just now after I posted that I got the infection.

Sauron wishes to contact you himself. You'll need a Palantir to communicate with him. (Or what do you kids call them these days? Smartstones?)

Archived