Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Day 35 horde: still no demolishers yet, almost at GS 120 now. Barely used 1k bullets. No traps beyond the iron spikes and barbed wire fences.

The zeds still beeline to the front of trailer, climb/hop up, run across the roof, then try and make it across the 1 block path.

I'm sitting in the open picking them off. Got rather good at single shot kills. (shoot off the head, they iz a good zed) :)

Very little damage to the trailer so far, and very few mats to fix up the few spikes/fences they do break.

Cops are getting a bit dangerous, going to have to upgrade the blocks holding up the overhead bars to steel.

Spitting at me, does very little damage, and the 5/5 health recov handles it easily. The block took a some damage though.

So far not bad for an accidental discovery. I do want to see if demolishers are also stoopid enough to try and climb up.

(I've got 1k AP rds so far for them)

Zeds did last all night though, they were still coming at 4am.

Spiders jumping the entire 7 blocks and landing on my head, and being stuck on TOP of me was a bit annoying.

(wtf is chewing on me? oh, right. braap. gitoff!)

Day 35 horde: still no demolishers yet, almost at GS 120 now. Barely used 1k bullets. No traps beyond the iron spikes and barbed wire fences.

The zeds still beeline to the front of trailer, climb/hop up, run across the roof, then try and make it across the 1 block path.

I'm sitting in the open picking them off. Got rather good at single shot kills. (shoot off the head, they iz a good zed) :)

Very little damage to the trailer so far, and very few mats to fix up the few spikes/fences they do break.

Cops are getting a bit dangerous, going to have to upgrade the blocks holding up the overhead bars to steel.

Spitting at me, does very little damage, and the 5/5 health recov handles it easily. The block took a some damage though.

So far not bad for an accidental discovery. I do want to see if demolishers are also stoopid enough to try and climb up.

(I've got 1k AP rds so far for them)

Zeds did last all night though, they were still coming at 4am.

Spiders jumping the entire 7 blocks and landing on my head, and being stuck on TOP of me was a bit annoying.

(wtf is chewing on me? oh, right. braap. gitoff!)

I27ANv1.gif

Joking aside, sounds like an interesting setup...😂

They fixed this since b6:

Fixed

Incorrect default logfile path on Linux dedi

Items that do not have a description

Other player names no longer show above head in MP

It's great that Alpha 18.1 Stable is out, I think the Texture Filter changes were really important for performance :D

Ah, some good fixes.

Nerfing the stack size of coolers was incredibly unnecessary. I tried harvesting plastic one playthrough to make them and test that "exploit" out, it would take a very very long game of focusing on doing that way too much to get anywhere close to making a full stack even once, I never got close. It was also super annoying and made going through POIs incredibly tedious, leaving little to no time to do anything else. I don't at all care that they nerfed it, is just funny because it was very unnecessary, a total over-reaction. But again so what, just weird that they even bothered.

No idea how the junk turret cloning thing worked, it just kinda happened to me one crazy blood moon, not even sure how I did it, was not deliberate, just unexpectedly had 2 the next morning. But good, still glad, even though I love those little things, I do prefer obtaining them legit.

Like the iron ore just being iron now.

I never once used a blood-draw kit, so glad it went bye bye, anything that reduces inventory clutter is nice.

I tried the animal tracking perk once, even one point in I really wanted some Forgettin Elexir to get that precious point back. My experience has been more like Mad Moles, I encounter more than enough animals roaming and doing things that I end up with stacks of meat anyway. A friend was recently using it on our server, she was into it but was having issues, so for those who do like it it's good to hear it works now, I'll let them know.

- I miss Mad Mole being here in the forums, but totes get why he dipped out. Arrogant nimwits arguing things they knew little to nothing about, making intensely negative guesses on future ideas long before being implemented just killed the vibe. Silver lining is I've been spending tons more time in-game instead of in-forum. Still, some people just don't know how to appreciate a good thing, and now it's gone.

K, back to prepping for next horde... last one was manageable, but holy unlucky on our 3rd one, first Z we saw were half a dozen demolishers and we didn't pick up our junk turrets fast enough... leveled most of our prep work first thing. Everyone died, quickly and horribly, while I got pinned on the roof of Aldo's Cabinet with 11 HP, praying until dawn as the building fell around me. Best traumatic experience yet. Loving A18.

Ah, some good fixes.

Nerfing the stack size of coolers was incredibly unnecessary. I tried harvesting plastic one playthrough to make them and test that "exploit" out, it would take a very very long game of focusing on doing that way too much to get anywhere close to making a full stack even once, I never got close. It was also super annoying and made going through POIs incredibly tedious, leaving little to no time to do anything else. I don't at all care that they nerfed it, is just funny because it was very unnecessary, a total over-reaction. But again so what, just weird that they even bothered.

No idea how the junk turret cloning thing worked, it just kinda happened to me one crazy blood moon, not even sure how I did it, was not deliberate, just unexpectedly had 2 the next morning. But good, still glad, even though I love those little things, I do prefer obtaining them legit.

Like the iron ore just being iron now.

I never once used a blood-draw kit, so glad it went bye bye, anything that reduces inventory clutter is nice.

I tried the animal tracking perk once, even one point in I really wanted some Forgettin Elexir to get that precious point back. My experience has been more like Mad Moles, I encounter more than enough animals roaming and doing things that I end up with stacks of meat anyway. A friend was recently using it on our server, she was into it but was having issues, so for those who do like it it's good to hear it works now, I'll let them know.

- I miss Mad Mole being here in the forums, but totes get why he dipped out. Arrogant nimwits arguing things they knew little to nothing about, making intensely negative guesses on future ideas long before being implemented just killed the vibe. Silver lining is I've been spending tons more time in-game instead of in-forum. Still, some people just don't know how to appreciate a good thing, and now it's gone.

K, back to prepping for next horde... last one was manageable, but holy unlucky on our 3rd one, first Z we saw were half a dozen demolishers and we didn't pick up our junk turrets fast enough... leveled most of our prep work first thing. Everyone died, quickly and horribly, while I got pinned on the roof of Aldo's Cabinet with 11 HP, praying until dawn as the building fell around me. Best traumatic experience yet. Loving A18.

Nice! We must adapt and evolve!!!! Cant wait to see how my base holds up to demo guys. 😂 = tear of joy or sadness lol

Loving A18.

Oh, who doesn`t ?! *reloading my cardboard potato rifle*.

Ah, madmole is probably around, let them have their time. Devs are not obligated at answering to everything, especially stupidity which rises when someone`s expectations are broken to atoms and their known particles.

P.S. Aldo`s Cab saved our life in a second every night horde night ..horde night with other 2 fellas (nightmare difficulty, but only 8 zeds per fella), first 3 raws of the building were upgraded to cobble and 3 centered support colomns cemented, added on first floor. Take advantage of the structures, this game gives really many opportunities to win.

Nice! We must adapt and evolve!!!! Cant wait to see how my base holds up to demo guys. = tear of joy or sadness lol

I think we just got a really unlucky role of the dice, was only the 4th Blood Moon of the game, the 28th. I said 3rd, before, should edit that, but still, I was surprised to see them at all that early on. Especially first thing, like WTF, aaahhhhh, really game?!? A friend even had a super fresh noob with us, he joined server that day, and has never played the game before... boy what an intro. I haven't seen him since, lol.

Saw not a one on the 35th night BM, so there's no telling if/when you'll get them, but clearly they are not reserved to late game only. Our junk turrets and potato aim must've popped every one of them too, it was a beautiful disaster that left a mark, and I am still shocked I survived until morning, albeit just barely. Most of the building crumbled beneath and around me, got stuck on the lucky chunk. Good times.

Oh, who doesn`t ?! *reloading my cardboard potato rifle*.

Ah, madmole is probably around, let them have their time. Devs are not obligated at answering to everything, especially stupidity which rises when someone`s expectations are broken to atoms and their known particles.

P.S. Aldo`s Cab saved our life in a second every night horde night ..horde night with other 2 fellas (nightmare difficulty, but only 8 zeds per fella), first 3 raws of the building were upgraded to cobble and 3 centered support colomns cemented, added on first floor. Take advantage of the structures, this game gives really many opportunities to win.

I have actually been wanting to try a conversion of that building for Blood Moon for a long time now. Started by collapsing the ceiling of the front show room, which is all too easy, even happened by accident once, which is where I got the idea.

I removed the "ALDOS CABINETS" letters and made new letters spelling out "FREEE BRAAINS", leaving the front door wide open and putting a ramp on the inside, albeit without any cheese blocks or weird exploits, however the demolishers removed most of that first thing anyhow. We'd removed the stairs and that second story stock room was our main hangout/position for the night. We reinforced all of the walls and surrounded it with 2 layers of spikes, again the front door was clear and open. Those Demos certainly took the bait, dangit.

We forgot/didn't have time to build a birdcage either, another major oops, vultures got most of us running around in post-demo panic as a result. Although I made a panic room out of that shed on the roof, and told everyone, nobody made it up there but me. They took out the corner of the building, collapsing half the shed. I filled in the missing walls with wood bars to keep the vultures away. Lol, I was caged into a 2x3 area until dawn, all I had left were arrows. We ran out of ammo too fast as well, our prep was embarrassingly lacking that night. But it made for a very memorable experience.

We were gonna find a new building for the next horde but I was determined to make that place work. So I rebuilt it, used rebar to fill in much of what was gone, it was barely standing. But I only did so 3rd block up, filled in many missing walls with 50 pillars this time to allow visibility all around, so we could start below and then nerdpole to safety above if they breached. It helped mitigate those who did not go in the front door as intended. Anyway, it worked. I went through over 1k of 7.62, my turrets ate about the same amount in junk ammo. I also made a pit in the showroom, let them fall in, then molotovs and nades, fish in a barrel.

Next I am installing traps, finally reached INT 6 so I can make what I need now. So I am by no means done with Aldos "Freee Braains" conversion. Upgrade time...

6 days since faatal's last post. :'( What's he working on, I wonder?

Countering my base design. Such a small package, but equal to a castle with walls 18 steelblocks thick. Perhaps 12k dart trap ammo wasn't that expansive after all.

or 9 thick, depending on how one sees it.

As an off note, has there been talk about or already in, using Land Claim block to give enhancements to tools in the claim area?

As an example, you put 100 Scrap metal in the forge, but since you have a land claim in effect you get 120 iron.

Or you have a work bench and make 100 arrows, and you get 125 because of the land claim.

Or, all zombies that come into the land claim area, has a reduced block damage of 5% and have a chance to move slower than normal.

This is offering an option to put roots down, and defend your base without forcing you to be a tower defense player, but enchance it.

Just a thought.

Semper Fi

As an off note, has there been talk about or already in, using Land Claim block to give enhancements to tools in the claim area?

As an example, you put 100 Scrap metal in the forge, but since you have a land claim in effect you get 120 iron.

Or you have a work bench and make 100 arrows, and you get 125 because of the land claim.

Or, all zombies that come into the land claim area, has a reduced block damage of 5% and have a chance to move slower than normal.

This is offering an option to put roots down, and defend your base without forcing you to be a tower defense player, but enchance it.

Just a thought.

Semper Fi

This wouldn't work because LC are so cheap to make. You could craft one while out and about to defend against zombies and instantly be safe.

Looks like your personal fulfillment will have to come from somewhere else now.

Looks like your personal fulfillment will have to come from somewhere else now.

Not sure if passive-aggressive attempt at insult, or... I just deeply appreciate the Dev interaction, and don't want them to give up and sell it all to some huge corporate jerk, like EA etc, the game would go rapidly downhill, to say the least. People need to learn how to express concerns, ideas, etc, without being such arrogant jerks about it. I was enjoying the brainstorming, we were part of, and now it's gone as a result of those ♥♥♥♥ attitudes. At least he's smart enough to dip out before it did permanently sour his mood.

Archived