Sign in to follow this  
madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

That was it! It was you I was thinking of but couldn't remember which block you said to try. My old brain must remember dirt block! I get this problem with almost every base build however it seems only one block per base that I can place nothing. I will try the dirt block next time....remember...dirt block.....dirt block...dirt block...I will remember. (I probably won't remember lol).

I tried dirt wont work no block does. tried digging around and under it, nothing worked.[ATTACH=CONFIG]30497[/ATTACH]

7daysbug.thumb.jpg.16659be035a63e9c7e5f6ec36f94b2a4.jpg

Unlocking the bundles earlier is technically possible but then they don't do anything useful when you get them so... meh.

If they scale ingredients (which we can do now) then we'd have to explain why they do the same thing with a 2nd recipe and that's messy.

Doing that would be a super easy mod, though. =)

all other are understandable, but making Bullet bundle from lose by mod is not. I know it is just adding a recipe in XML and done, but I think this can go in core feature list, Maybe we can discuss it to be related to same book as of now, but it should be there. Just saying. No worries not a ground breaking feature anyways. Maybe just note somewhere if you have list of feature requests.

well...bm horde day 35 is over....Despite having half of my electrical fence grid not working (wiring issue), new SMG turret disabled (ammo not locked), and one dart trap not working (ammo not locked), I still steam rolled the horde lol...do I dare say my base will take on any horde? :p I might need up the max alive for more of a challenge lol....

Feral Wights started showing up and more cops but nothing I couldn't handle. :)

I will upload video later

Post is up, Video should be done in 26 minutes. Enjoy!!! Let me know what you think. I think this new setup should work against demolishers. :)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?133930-LazMan-vs-Day-35-Horde

Just realized you can wrench working workstations to low health, get all the mats and it'll still work. Bit cheaty?

Side note, how'd u all stay awake when mining? Eyelids crazy heavy when I go down a dark hole.

Just realized you can wrench working workstations to low health, get all the mats and it'll still work. Bit cheaty?

Side note, how'd u all stay awake when mining? Eyelids crazy heavy when I go down a dark hole.

Ask SnowDog.. He often goes down in dark holes!

Oh! I can take this one!

Go to bed when you're tired.

Curious what your FPS for that screenshot. I dont know what's worse, the horde of jeeps or that massive tree farm..

��

50-60, the jeeps and trees don't really hit the fps that much, but I am running the game on low settings now. The one thing that did hammer my fps is trigger plates, I couldn't get over 10fps in the day 21 horde because the trigger plates really killed the performance. The tree farm was a lot bigger than that as well but I'm not responsible for hippy stuff like planting trees. I have a jeep farm to tend to!

Haha lol that's epic. Now all you need is 80 friends to crash your server peeling out all at once!

Joel! We need the ability for a passenger to be able to shoot in the Jeeps.

That'd be good. Honestly, though, I'm a bit disappointed with the design of the jeep really. The exhaust design that wouldn't look out of place on a Honda Civic doesn't leave them any room to have an M60 mount in the back which would be a fantastic addition.

I'd settle for them taking off The snowplough thing on the front though. It doesn't do anything useful and makes no sense at all (it makes more sense the motorcycle's spikes I suppose. Who wouldn't want to have zombies stuck within arms reach stuck on the front of their bike? What could possibly go wrong?)

Edited by Gromit (see edit history)

i used your vid to wake me up due to the noise.

THX

;)

Haha....7d2d alarm clock lol...

I'm not sure will this work but i remember somebody saying that enabling dm menu and then toggling physics active button off and on resolved something invisible. I'm not sure will that work but worth a shot?

Oh! I can take this one!

Go to bed when you're tired.

Easier said than done. This game needs to come with a health warning.

Did an all nighter, looked up 5:30am irl. Then I did the 7dtd math, 'if I do 2 more quests I'll have enough for the motorbike, 6am, then horde should come around 6:30...'

I think the barter perk could use some work. (Unintended pun).

I have the perk at maximum, and have visited the traders more than 5 times. I have 3 traders close by, that I visited on all 5 tries.

Even with the perk at maximum, they still have crap inventory... Sure they have more of it, but it's not really better (as the perk flavor would have you believe).

I am only able to get good loot, from just finding it or as quest rewards. I'm not against this meta, but perhaps the perk text should be changed to reflect it?

I'm not sure will this work but i remember somebody saying that enabling dm menu and then toggling physics active button off and on resolved something invisible. I'm not sure will that work but worth a shot?

It might work, but honestly, unfortunately, some of those invisible hitboxes (which come from invisible trees, by the way) are permanent, unless you want to mess around with your world files.

your poor girlfriend...

I saw someone on a live stream have an invisible block yesterday and they tried this and it didnt work. I thought I saw someone mention this as well somewhere. Perhaps it works in some cases, but it didn't resolve it in the one case that I saw.

Absolutely.

qIculca.jpg

This dupe bug is happening to us as well. Minibikes, Motorcycles, etc. Seems any vehicle, I'm pretty sure it also dupes the inventory contents as well. We just destroy them as its a group of friends, but on a public server, this is bad.

That was it! It was you I was thinking of but couldn't remember which block you said to try. My old brain must remember dirt block! I get this problem with almost every base build however it seems only one block per base that I can place nothing. I will try the dirt block next time....remember...dirt block.....dirt block...dirt block...I will remember. (I probably won't remember lol).

I've found that Dropping a block in the empty space (like from a block of two above it) and having it break into a rubble pile then removing the rubble pile works.

Unlocking the bundles earlier is technically possible but then they don't do anything useful when you get them so... meh.

If they scale ingredients (which we can do now) then we'd have to explain why they do the same thing with a 2nd recipe and that's messy.

Doing that would be a super easy mod, though. =)

I think he's asking for a way to bundle bullets not to craft bullet bundles, Like if I have 3000 7.62 rounds I personally would *kill* to be able to turn those into 30 boxes of 7.62 rounds even if I had to wait for the recipe unlock to do it.

Though my understanding is recipe mods are easy so maybe I'll try and figure that out myself. That said Something to consider for the base game someday.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, or why it exactly happened, but if it's the case I think a "Warning: this will break stuff" would help. So, I went to build an idea for a base and didn't feel like spending an hour punching grass/bushes and all of that. So, I went into debug mode and tried clearing the land using the prefab selector (z) and clear (l). Well, clear didn't work. So I figured I'd go into the world editor and do it there. Worked fine, saved and loaded my game. I had helllla lag that grew exponentially, so I logged off and reloaded the game. Worked fine.

Then I went back to my prefab house I holed up in and... things were strange. Texture only blocks and stuff were in random places, kinda like it did a "MD5 reset", but it didn't fully. Stuff was still there, but idk. Textures were here and there, some covering the front door, weird hovering paper-thin textures here and there -- all non-blocking and you can just phase right through them. I checked surrounding POIs, including some I never visited, and they all had the same.... strangeness to them lol.

Nothing too bad I suppose, I exported my base-layout and I'll load it in an unbroken world and finish it, but is it supposed to break stuff like that or a bug? If it's intended, a warning should kinda pop up, since it just lets you load it right in like it's fully OK to do that lol.

I tried dirt wont work no block does. tried digging around and under it, nothing worked.[ATTACH=CONFIG]30497[/ATTACH]

Well i hate to hear that. Last time it happened to me it was on a perimeter fence so I could ignore it. If it happened on building the main base wall then it would be devastating if it can’t be fixed. I build straight to reinforced concrete so imagine the waste in resources having to move your base 2 blocks over. I really hope this is the juniper tree bug and that it’s fixed next patch.

Absolutely.

qIculca.jpg

So, who`s gonna do The Destruction Derby mod/e, eight shaped mined track for the fun.

And, don`t use that dupes guys, it`s just pointless, if you wanna play easy, go play Sims.

P.S. @Gromit , don`t offend, this one is for the ♥♥♥♥ers who takes advantage of these in abusive way, you know ;) And, nice parking, indeed :)

I think he's asking for a way to bundle bullets not to craft bullet bundles, Like if I have 3000 7.62 rounds I personally would *kill* to be able to turn those into 30 boxes of 7.62 rounds even if I had to wait for the recipe unlock to do it.

Though my understanding is recipe mods are easy so maybe I'll try and figure that out myself. That said Something to consider for the base game someday.

Here ya go took me like a minute to do -

Ammo Bundle Maker

What psychopath designed the Waterworks POI? It's a solid POI until you get to the HELL ROOM that is the water channels. Breaking platforms over water! Water you can't see into! Water full of feral construction workers that are faster than you! Water you can't climb out of! Water you can't fire most guns in! Water you can't avoid because every single block around it is covered in MINES AND SPIKES!

It's like getting dropped into a pit, auto-stunned, and told 'lol good luck' when 4 ferals zoom around the corner to own you because they don't care about the water slowing THEM down. :rip:

What psychopath designed the Waterworks POI? It's a solid POI until you get to the HELL ROOM that is the water channels. Breaking platforms over water! Water you can't see into! Water full of feral construction workers that are faster than you! Water you can't climb out of! Water you can't fire most guns in! Water you can't avoid because every single block around it is covered in MINES AND SPIKES!

It's like getting dropped into a pit, auto-stunned, and told 'lol good luck' when 4 ferals zoom around the corner to own you because they don't care about the water slowing THEM down. :rip:

I got stuck in that water pit twice on two separate games. I hate that place haha.... You can not seem to be able to pole out, you can not jump out and you are constantly fighting to breath as one can not seem to swim at all !

Died again trying to get my pack from the water container as was insanely frustrating. I think I even gave up and started a new game after that mess.